UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

It was very nicely done without any self-promotion or glorification.

Indeed, it actually portrayed him as worse (less humble) after the Demian Maia fight than I had the impression of. But I was missing a bit of glorification of his past MMA career...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched the documentary. Thanks for the heads up porter, I thought it was excellent, well made, smooth and a great lead to the fight. I'm always interested in watching the training and the "behind the scenes" of those events. Silva is such a great athlete...he makes everything look easy on the ring. Sonnen gave him a good run for his money though...even if Silva was not 100% for the fight.

Just watched the documentary. Thanks for the heads up porter, I thought it was excellent, well made, smooth and a great lead to the fight. I'm always interested in watching the training and the "behind the scenes" of those events. Silva is such a great athlete...he makes everything look easy on the ring. Sonnen gave him a good run for his money though...even if Silva was not 100% for the fight.

Was pretty good I agree!

I have gone back and forth with myself on the upcoming Silva Sonnen fight. I cannot decide if Silva is going to win by decapitation or if Sonnen is now firmly into his head and is going to grind out a 5 round decision.

Was pretty good I agree!

I have gone back and forth with myself on the upcoming Silva Sonnen fight. I cannot decide if Silva is going to win by decapitation or if Sonnen is now firmly into his head and is going to grind out a 5 round decision.

There's only one thing Silva is training for this time around, take-down defense. Also, he might wanna go after Sonnen without haste, just overwhelm him with punches from the moment the fight starts.

I vote "decapitation."

BTW, I just bought a bicycle to start exercising with. 21 speed! :icon_mrgreen:

There's only one thing Silva is training for this time around, take-down defense. Also, he might wanna go after Sonnen without haste, just overwhelm him with punches from the moment the fight starts.

I vote "decapitation."

BTW, I just bought a bicycle to start exercising with. 21 speed! :icon_mrgreen:

Good on you for exercising.

Decapitation means Seagal is teaching Spider some new moves. I'm looking for submission by cue ball! Out for Justice baby!

Was pretty good I agree!

I want to root for Sonnen, even if it's just for his underdog status and fiery personality, but honestly I chalk Silva's poor performance in the first fight up due to him and his camp looking past Sonnen and not taking that fight seriously.

I just don't think Sonnen is technically anywhere near the same level of overall fighter that Silva is. :eusa_think:

I want to root for Sonnen, even if it's just for his underdog status and fiery personality, but honestly I chalk Silva's poor performance in the first fight up due to him and his camp looking past Sonnen and not taking that fight seriously.

I just don't think Sonnen is technically anywhere near the same level of overall fighter that Silva is. :eusa_think:

Couple that with the fact that Sonnen looked great in that fight; However, in his last fight he *barely* won. If he doesn't make changes, pronto, he'll lose. (But I agree, he'll probably lose anyway...But I'm rooting for him).

Last fight Jones v. Machida in its HD entirety. Machida definitely won the first and showed Jones can get tagged by a guy with lesser reach with speed. Machida was probably winning the first half of the second too before Jones opened up the forehead then put him to sleep.

Last fight Jones v. Machida in its HD entirety. Machida definitely won the first and showed Jones can get tagged by a guy with lesser reach with speed. Machida was probably winning the first half of the second too before Jones opened up the forehead then put him to sleep.

Everyone was saying "Jones got china chin!" So he just wanted to test his chin for a round to prove a point :icon_thumleft:

Awesome night, a few good fights and our own Swede Gustavsson kicked Silvas ass :icon_super:

But the best thing about it was meeting the legend and supercool Bruce!

It's not tv here yet you dumbass. Nice job ruining it

Sorry, didn't think of that! Still, no need for namecalling though, I will edit my post and I recommend you do the same.

What are you talking about..I watched the fights live on Fuel today at 3 pm EST.

(Oh, and I won money on Gustaffson!!)

What are you talking about..I watched the fights live on Fuel today at 3 pm EST.

(Oh, and I won money on Gustaffson!!)

They're just showing it in Canada. Not veryone lives in the US

Don't be a dick. Don't read the UFC thread unless you've watched the fight. I don't open the F1 thread before watching the race.

Don't be a dick. Don't read the UFC thread unless you've watched the fight. I don't open the F1 thread before watching the race.

The fight wasn't on yet in Canada and maybe some people have it recorded. Simple spoiler alert isn't asking much .