Iphone 4.1.0.3.s.q

capt_chaos

Tried getting on a list for an 5 and Sprint says they have no idea when or if they will be getting it. It's a big secret still.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll bet the 3gs gets left out in the cold on a lot of the ios5 improvements. EDIT: He said 3gs is included in some of the updates. I'll bet though it runs at a snail's pace, like the 3g did with ios4.

Not only no redesign but no 4g either. No way I'd get anything new right now that didn't run on Verizon's LTE network.

Supposedly they're saying the new phone is just as fast, if notfaster than 4g with download speeds of 14.4mbps. Not sure though, just reading a live blog information of their quotes.

Not much of a change. But I wasn't going to rush out and buy a new phone just yet anyway. They are going to run the "4" out until they have enough for a major redesign.

"Apple has just officially unveiled the new iPhone 4S at its “Let’s Talk iPhone” event in Cupertino today, capping a longer-than-usual product cycle with a relatively mild refresh of the original iPhone 4. As expected, we’re getting a dual-core Apple A5 processor that’s up to twice as fast and graphics that are seven times faster — same as the iPad — and the camera is up to 8 megapixels with a faster sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1080p video capture with image stabilization and noise reduction, and a claimed 73 percent improvement in light sensitivity per pixel over the old 5-megapixel unit."

New voice assistant, new camera, dual band (GSM & CDMA) radio, A5 CPU, same design. I'm kind of underwhelmed with the poor battery performance though.

I'd say the 5 will be out next summer with 4g. I think I'll keep my 3gs until then or maybe grab a 4 off craigslist.

Supposedly they're saying the new phone is just as fast, if notfaster than 4g with download speeds of 14.4mbps. Not sure though, just reading a live blog information of their quotes.

Yeah I saw something about them saying speeds were "competitive" with phones running on 4g, but there was also something about download speeds being up to "twice as fast" as the old Iphone, which wouldn't be nearly as fast as 4g. Guess we'll have to sort that out. The new voice assistant sounds pretty cool.

So I can pre-order on the 7th...awesome. Only upgrading because I shattered my current 4.

How much you want for the 4?

So I can pre-order on the 7th...awesome. Only upgrading because I shattered my current 4.

You could always go to apple and get a new replacement for $199 if you don't want to mess with your contract upgrade eligibility if you're wanting to hold out for something next year.

And now on Sprint! woo fcuking hoo!

The price points are pretty good though.

Can you post a link to where you are getting sprint and pricing info?