Iphone 4.1.0.3.s.q

capt_chaos

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from a Blackberry Bold to an Iphone 4 and will never go back. Really looking forward to the next phone...for me the 4 does everything so well that any improvement over it would be heaven.

I've never had anything but a Blackberry. I've watched RIM lay off thousands and my fcuking phone can't even get reception in my own house and for some reason I am tolerant with the cunt. I cannot even surf with the thing... it's faster to draw me a picture of the website. And yet I have a baseless hatred for Apple products, having grown up dealing with crashing PCs and blue screens of death.

Sounds like it's almost time to check out an iPhone.

Went from my BB 9700 to the iphone4 and then back to a BB 9900. The 9900 (newest Bold Touch) makes the BB experience WORLDS better than older blackberries. Surfing is quite decent now (still not at iPhone levels, but its close). Keyboard is fantastic, shoots HD video, is thin etc. Anyone who has a BB and kind of likes it needs to try one of the new ones before jumping ship. 2 friends of mine who were ready to buy the new iphone 4s decided to get one of the newer BB's after using mine.

I've never had anything but a Blackberry. I've watched RIM lay off thousands and my fcuking phone can't even get reception in my own house and for some reason I am tolerant with the cunt. I cannot even surf with the thing... it's faster to draw me a picture of the website. And yet I have a baseless hatred for Apple products, having grown up dealing with crashing PCs and blue screens of death.

poor reception might be a carrier problem, maybe have a friend over with an iphone on the same network and compare reception.

slow websurfing could be the carrier IE no 3G in your area. Or the BB not able to connect to 3G.

Who is your carrier? What BB do you have?

The only thing I miss about my BB was using blackberry messenger with friends.

The improvements going to the Iphone were: Extremely simple functioning in every area...searching for things on the Internet,texting,using apps.

Superior camera one the front and back which comes in handy that I love using along with several camera apps that I use to change effects..I probably take a dozen photos a day and enjoy the large storage capability.

The HD video is fantastic. I love having a HD video camera in my pocket at any time for any occasion. And I can quickly send videos to friends or upload right to YouTube.

Business apps are a breeze,I like how I can pull up PDF files quickly and easily right off of my emails that I have several emails all synched to one inbox. Easy to manage,move,and delete emails.

Its had a good battery life,has been durable,has only occasionally frozen and was fine after a restart.

I've never had any reception issues.

It's just simple and there's nothing I could want it to do that there's not a way to do it. Most people have said not having flash is a negative but I haven't found anyway it's negatively effected me using the phone.

Anybody have any experience w the new blackberry torch? I like the physical layout w the pull out keyboard.

poor reception might be a carrier problem, maybe have a friend over with an iphone on the same network and compare reception.

slow websurfing could be the carrier IE no 3G in your area. Or the BB not able to connect to 3G.

Who is your carrier? What BB do you have?

You're correct. My wife is on Rogers and her BB 9750 is lightning fast. Mine is slow as fcuk. I'm on Telus and I want to firebomb their heads. Fair is fair, the issue in my house is the carrier. That said, I am getting tired of running to the upstairs bonus room and pressing my face and phone against the window anytime someone calls.

The only thing I miss about my BB was using blackberry messenger with friends.

The improvements going to the Iphone were: Extremely simple functioning in every area...searching for things on the Internet,texting,using apps.

Superior camera one the front and back which comes in handy that I love using along with several camera apps that I use to change effects..I probably take a dozen photos a day and enjoy the large storage capability.

The HD video is fantastic. I love having a HD video camera in my pocket at any time for any occasion. And I can quickly send videos to friends or upload right to YouTube.

Business apps are a breeze,I like how I can pull up PDF files quickly and easily right off of my emails that I have several emails all synched to one inbox. Easy to manage,move,and delete emails.

Its had a good battery life,has been durable,has only occasionally frozen and was fine after a restart.

I've never had any reception issues.

It's just simple and there's nothing I could want it to do that there's not a way to do it. Most people have said not having flash is a negative but I haven't found anyway it's negatively effected me using the phone.

Rob how is texting? Can you motor as fast as on a BB? All I use my phone for is telephone, email, and texting. Don't care about anything else...

You're correct. My wife is on Rogers and her BB 9750 is lightning fast. Mine is slow as fcuk. I'm on Telus and I want to firebomb their heads. Fair is fair, the issue in my house is the carrier. That said, I am getting tired of running to the upstairs bonus room and pressing my face and phone against the window anytime someone calls.

Rob how is texting? Can you motor as fast as on a BB? All I use my phone for is telephone, email, and texting. Don't care about anything else...

It took me a week to get use to it. Now I can type far faster then I ever did on a BB keypad.

You have to be careful though because the Iphone spell check can make for some really really bad typos. I always re-read everything after typing it before sending it because I've sent some really embarrassing messages.

The I phone also keeps text messages together so it looks like a continuous conversation and doesn't break up the separate messages in the inbox,it makes it easy to find previous text and see what was said last.

Example: iphone_text_message.jpg

the bb 9900 is an amazing phone

i like it a lot better then my iphone4. i can type much faster on the bb keyboard no mistakes

It took me a week to get use to it. Now I can type far faster then I ever did on a BB keypad.

You have to be careful though because the Iphone spell check can make for some really really bad typos. I always re-read everything after typing it before sending it because I've sent some really embarrassing messages.

The I phone also keeps text messages together so it looks like a continuous conversation and doesn't break up the separate messages in the inbox,it makes it easy to find previous text and see what was said last.

Example: iphone_text_message.jpg

Rob, how long have you and Luke been a couple?

If the iPhone 5 does'nt have true 3d capabilities then it's already outdated, I just saw the LG Thrill 3d from ATT. After you see it in person you are not going to want anything else, it is awesome no need for 3d glasses to view the true 3d graphics.

If the iPhone 5 does'nt have true 3d capabilities then it's already outdated, I just saw the LG Thrill 3d from ATT. After you see it in person you are not going to want anything else, it is awesome no need for 3d glasses to view the true 3d graphics.

I'm sure the Thrill is awesome, but I can do without 3d on a phone. I don't watch movies or play games on my phone & this 3d craze is getting out of hand. Most movies that I have seen in the past year that were 3d would have been just as good in 2d : the 3d added nothing. Anyhoo.... just a rant.

there might not be an iphone 5 at all today, it would just be ios 5 at the event and a new improved version of the iphone 4 :o

hope its not true, or ill be really dissapointed

Most movies that I have seen in the past year that were 3d would have been just as good in 2d : the 3d added nothing. Anyhoo.... just a rant.

Hollywood are shooting themselves in the foot with the 3D thing. A lot of the "3D" movies are not 3D at all but converted from 2D, making the experience shitty. And a lot of people obviously think 3D sucks because of this. They are pushing what they call 3D way too far atm to milk it for what it's worth.

Anyway, 3D is here to stay both on small devices and on TV's. The skeptics are probably the same people who thought color TV was unnecessary and digital surround sound was overkill :icon_mrgreen:

One version is pretty close to the 4 now, and the other has a slightly bigger screen, dual-core, a few memory options and a couple other goodies....no mention of 3-D.