Iphone 4.1.0.3.s.q

capt_chaos

What is going on with people with "gallardo" in their name and ridiculous posts in this thread?

+1

Organic food...horrible analogy. Not to mention organic foods are beneficial tobyour health.

On a side note, when visiting my mom all she could talk about was the iPhone 5...drove me nuts. I think ill just stick with my android powered Samsung. I like the fact that I can choose between different phone companies and multiple different cell providers.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Organic food...horrible analogy. Not to mention organic foods are beneficial tobyour health.

Says who?

if you have to worry about the initial cost of a Iphone and the monthly costs you don't make enough money. Judging by the cars in your sig you make enough money. Don't worry about the small stuff.

I don't care what it costs, I was simply commenting on the analogy.

Hmmm it seems Apple products really do bring the worst out of people.

yes apparently it does....

And your car analogy needs work. If you ignore the insurance, "gas" and servicing costs when buying a car then you have all the financial sense of that tramp that lives under the railway bridge and wipes his arse with the brown bags that hamburgers and fries are served in.

Maybe its a Canadian thing but here the Iphone is available at apple.ca for $659 with out a contract.

With Rogers wireless you can buy the phone with a contract for $159 with a $500 cancellation fee, still making the price $659.

That has to be the worst analogy I've seen in a long time. The price of the phone is subsidized by the contract you sign up for. When I bought my last iPhone 4 the price I paid for the phone depended on which contract I chose. The more expensive monthly payments for my service the lower the cost of the phone was.

Rogers doesnt care if I have a $40 a month package or a $120 its still $159. Maybe its different in other countries

How much does it cost for you to get an iphone?

How much does it cost for you to get an iphone?

$400 with contract.

Hence why I bought the motorola Atrix... has all the fancy shit the new iphone will have (dual core, 8mp, blah blah), actually works on windows small business server to sync outlook (iphone sucks balls at this), and it cost me $100.

The only apple product I've owned to date is my ipod shuffle. It's still wildly overpriced for what it is, but it's great for the gym.

Says who?

My friend is a health nut/freak and she says that they are beneficial as compared to the everyday fruits vegetables and meats that are found in stores such as wal-mart. Perhaps I am wrong in taking her word for it but everything else she has told me seems to check out.

I did some quick research and found that there are some benefits to eating organic foods not only to your body but to the environment as well. Of course we can't always believe what we read on the internet but I found these via a quick google search. BTW I do not preach about organic foods or environmental problems.

"Many EPA-approved pesticides were registered long before extensive research linked these chemicals to cancer and other diseases. Now, the EPA considers 60% of all herbicides (weed killers), 90% of all fungicides (mold killers), and 30% of all insecticides (insect killers) as potentially cancer causing. Organic farming keeps harmful chemicals and pesticides out of the food we eat and beverages we drink. It also prohibits the use of antibiotics in animal feed, which are routinely used in conventional farming and is known to create dangerous antibiotic-resistant pathogens. Organic farms also benefit the farm workers who have high exposure to chemicals and synthetic pesticides."

http://nutiva.com/nutrition/organic-food-benefits/

Chemically dependent agriculture harms the environment and puts human health at risk.

Pesticide or fertilizer laden runoff from farmlands washes into rivers, lakes, and streams, contaminating waterways, and destroying habitat. Many pesticides are also toxic to health, and have been linked to respiratory problems, neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, cancer and reproductive problems. Every year, farm workers and people living near conventional farms suffer from poisonings and serious health effects from pesticide spraying.

By supporting organic agriculture, we reward farmers who have made significant efforts to eliminate the need for harmful chemicals.

http://www.nrdc.org/health/farming/forg101.asp

Organic produce contains fewer pesticides. Pesticides are chemicals such as fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides. These chemicals are widely used in conventional agriculture and residues remain on (and in) the food we eat.

Organically raised animals are NOT given antibiotics, growth hormones or fed animal byproducts. The use of antibiotics in conventional meat production helps create antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria. This means that when someone gets sick from these strains they will be less responsive to antibiotic treatment. Not feeding animal byproducts to other animals reduces the risk of mad cow disease. In addition, the animals are given more space to move around and access to the outdoors, both of which help to keep the animals healthy. The more crowded the conditions, the more likely an animal is to get sick.

http://helpguide.org/life/organic_foods_pesticides_gmo.htm

are you one of those nuts that counts the cost of their cell service as the cost of the phone?

stop doing that!!!!! T

he cost of the service is not part of the cost of the phone. Yes they are related but so is the price of your car and the cost of the gas you use over the years.

Then

yes apparently it does....

Maybe its a Canadian thing but here the Iphone is available at apple.ca for $659 with out a contract.

With Rogers wireless you can buy the phone with a contract for $159 with a $500 cancellation fee, still making the price $659.

And you called me nuts.

Did you ever apply for a job with Madoff because I think he could have done with your skills.

Why would you guys upgrade your Iphone 4, it's still one of the best phones out there today. It can't be outdated that fast.

I will get one if I need it for development purposes. For example if the screen resolution is different than iPhone 4 or it has some feature that I can only test on iPhone 5 that I want to integrate into my apps.

I'm much mored interested in iOS 5, I know it's been in the Dev's hands for a while now, but that alone should held out many people.

iOS 5 isn't all that much different. The Android-inspired notification center is great, but that's about it.

Regardless of what this next release is I am getting it. Shattered my iPhone 4 a couple days ago. I took it to the Apple Store, "Oh yeah we can replace that no problem. Booked right now so I'll schedule you for tomorrow morning." Show up the next day and it's 9 days out of warranty. :givesfuck:

Interesting: http://www.giga.de/benm/2011/09/29/iphone-...sign-prototype/

I heard from a Verizon friend that it's not going to be 4g?

bought www.getiphone5case.com don't know much about running online biz but may be there is some money in just linking to amazon via affiliate

Commissions are higher if you run with CJ (Commission Junction)

I did this for the entire HTC line, and SEO'd the sites to 1st place rankings for their largest targeted KW's. Didn't make life-changing money, but it was a fun little project. However I'm sure the iPhone "niche" will bring in more coin.

I remember on the last iPhone launch, guys were buying several iPhone's on launch day and selling them internationally for like $2,000 on eBay. Spend what, $600 each, and profit $1,400 each in the course of a day or so. Not a bad setup I suppose.

My friend is a health nut/freak and she says that they are beneficial as compared to the everyday fruits vegetables and meats that are found in stores such as wal-mart. Perhaps I am wrong in taking her word for it but everything else she has told me seems to check out.

Your friend is full of shit. A carrot is a carrot...

Heres what my friends have to say about it:

And heres the science magazine COSMOS take on it...

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/1567

And not that I give a crap, but its fcuking horrible for the environment....

http://www.science20.com/news_articles/why...bad_environment

I am Just pissed off the phone will end up costing more than one of their laptops over the course of the contract and yet battery life will still be less than a day.

My 3GS has to be charged twice a day now!

I sometimes long for the nokia days when they would last a week without charge..

Just buy a new battery and install it. I have a 3GS phone and just replaced the battery myself. Its like new again and cost me about $30.

Your friend is full of shit. A carrot is a carrot...

Heres what my friends have to say about it:

And heres the science magazine COSMOS take on it...

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/1567

And not that I give a crap, but its fcuking horrible for the environment....

http://www.science20.com/news_articles/why...bad_environment

Thanks for the info RomanDad, I've never seen that video before.

I've still got a 3GS and will only upgrade if its a significant improvement over the 4 I'm actually considering getting a droid phone instead but I want to see what IOS5 is like first. I still don't quite understand the hype that these things get though