e-gear paddle extensions

Fabspeed_Motorsport

Gimme gimme gimme!

im hoping a local customer is bringing his 07 e-gear back in later today! if so i can get them set in place and make sure everything lines up and looks "good". THEN we work on aesthetics!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
if all goes as planned the car will be back tomorrow for test fitment.

David any update on the paddle extensions?

Sonofa.....

i knowwwwww, this is REALLY dragging out. hopefully a certain TT 570 will let me test them out..

::cough cough:: PCJR ::cough cough::

if there is any other e-gear gallardo's local or somewhat local to us i would love to test fit them on the car... a great discount will be offered on these or anything else we make for your time :eusa_dance:

These paddles are from the 2013 STS factory race car for sale at Lambo Houston

Dave, you need to get your hand on these & duplicate!

How much time will you need with it?

to test fit and check clearance only an hour or so, then when the final "pretty" prototype is back, about the same amount of time.

These paddles are from the 2013 STS factory race car for sale at Lambo Houston

Dave, you need to get your hand on these & duplicate!

to me, those just look like LP640 paddles extended in both directions... which is what i wanted to do originally but like AG02M5 said, the wheel would need to be moved towards the driver to make it work :eusa_wall:

Could fabricate a small steering wheel spacer. :)

we talked about that but came to the conclusion that very few owners would want to remove their steering wheels to install paddles. i suggested sawing off the wiper and turn signal stalks but got shot down :lol2:

i suggested sawing off the wiper and turn signal stalks but got shot down :lol2:

DO IT! Here are your new wipers:

st_whatsinside_rainx_f.jpg

and your new turn signals:

motorcycle-handsignals_zpsa06b5f9a.gif

to me, those just look like LP640 paddles extended in both directions... which is what i wanted to do originally but like AG02M5 said, the wheel would need to be moved towards the driver to make it work :eusa_wall:

I first suggested this a while ago. I'd love to make the steering wheel closer if there was a simple spacer to make. It would benefit some drivers even without the paddle shifters too. I prefer to have the wheel closer so I don't have to sit so close.

I have a couple hundred dollars for a wheel spacer ALL DAY LONG!

I'll even make a youtube video of me disconnecting the battery, removing airbag, removing steering wheel, and putting everything back together in under 5 minutes if it helps.

Seems like it would be pretty easy.

I think it would have to be a two part job. The first has splines and bolts in place of the wheel. The second piece screws to the first piece and also has its own spline/thread that the steering wheel attaches to.

Kinda similar to a hubcentric wheel spacer.

I'd put that on to get better shift paddles.

Seems like it would be pretty easy.

I think it would have to be a two part job. The first has splines and bolts in place of the wheel. The second piece screws to the first piece and also has its own spline/thread that the steering wheel attaches to.

Kinda similar to a hubcentric wheel spacer.

I'd put that on to get better shift paddles.

I know what you are thinking but I dont think it would be as easy as it sounds.

The factory wheel has a single centered bolt holding the st wheel on. With this method you mentioned, the spacer would have to

be at least 1" + thick with a threaded spline/bolt to replace the factory bolt location into the column. The spacer would also have to have the female threaded insert for the wheel bolt which is at least 1/2 -3/4" long.

David - I left you a vm earlier. How do these go on without removing the wheel? I've had the swteering wheel off of my last SL and I can't imagine a way of doing this without pulling the wheel.

I first suggested this a while ago. I'd love to make the steering wheel closer if there was a simple spacer to make. It would benefit some drivers even without the paddle shifters too. I prefer to have the wheel closer so I don't have to sit so close.

I have a couple hundred dollars for a wheel spacer ALL DAY LONG!

Ummmm....The Gallardo steering wheel does move in and out...Just move the lever below the wheel (the one that makes it adjust up and down) - and just push or pull on the wheel, and it will slide back and forth...Then you can sit back in comfort!

;)

Ummmm....The Gallardo steering wheel does move in and out...Just move the lever below the wheel (the one that makes it adjust up and down) - and just push or pull on the wheel, and it will slide back and forth...Then you can sit back in comfort!

;)

I have the steering wheel all the way lowered and all the way back already. I'd take it even farther back and it would be comfortable for me.

I have the steering wheel all the way lowered and all the way back already. I'd take it even farther back and it would be comfortable for me.

Hmmm...You must have little arms like a T-rex!

Oh well...I guess the wheel extension would be a good thing then.

I know what you are thinking but I dont think it would be as easy as it sounds.

The factory wheel has a single centered bolt holding the st wheel on. With this method you mentioned, the spacer would have to

be at least 1" + thick with a threaded spline/bolt to replace the factory bolt location into the column. The spacer would also have to have the female threaded insert for the wheel bolt which is at least 1/2 -3/4" long.

David - I left you a vm earlier. How do these go on without removing the wheel? I've had the swteering wheel off of my last SL and I can't imagine a way of doing this without pulling the wheel.

hey peter! ill give you a call today, the paddles attach to the stock ones which is why the wheel doesn't need to be removed!

It took me like 5 minutes to remove the steering wheel on my superleggera. David, you should make another option for guys who want full replacement paddles instead of attach-on...