Skyrim - Who bought it?

Kerplop

The only reason I'm getting 2.35 is because I'm getting a Panasonic AE4000 that has a zoom feature for 2.35. It's not quite the same as having an anamorphic lens, but it's $4000 cheap heh. I've heard good things about the projector in general, especially at it's price point. It's not 3D, which is nice too, because I hate 3D and I'm not paying for it with this one.

If I'd been able to do 2.35 I would have used the Panasonic too. My room is narrow and my speakers are on the large side, so I couldn't fit a wide enough screen in between them. I ended up getting an Epson projector instead, mainly because I'd actually seen one in person and knew it looked good.

For the people playing on PC... Any idea how Skyrim will run at 2560x1600? I've got an i7 920 at 4.0ghz and a Radeon 5870. My second 5870 died, but from what I've read Crossfire doesn't work on Skyrim anyway.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MW3 is kinda disappointing. Not because it's like MW2 (I've never played it, so I don't care,) but because the spawning in multiplayer is retarded. The other day I respawned right behind some dude and killed him. It makes no sense. Why would you respawn someone right next to the enemy? It also respawns you near your team, so if you kill some dude who you knew was walking toward you, it's often the case that the second you kill him, some guy that wasn't there 10 seconds ago is now also there and he shoots you.

There is skill, but it's mainly luck, which I don't like. Most kills I get are just shooting people who run right by me on accident, and most deaths are the same.

I'm used to COD series being single-player friendly. I haven't found the past few games very good in that area (storyline, non-linear feel, etc). I thought Black Ops sucked. I'm more of a Battlefield guy for online play (they have vehicles)!

I might wait on MW3 - Skyrim is going to take enough of my time. Looks beautiful on PS3.

Going to have to give this a look see...

Can I handle it?

[email protected] GHz GEForceGTX280

That's not a bad setup at all, should be fine :)

Yeah but he can always turn down the detail. The game automatically detects and changes settings as well.

RD you could probably get by, but if not go to newegg pick up a graphics card between $200-$300 and you should be good. Also make sure you have at least 4 gb of ram.

Picked it up friday. Amazed already, I usually hate playing non-multiplayer games for a stretches but get completely sucked into skyrim.

RD you could probably get by, but if not go to newegg pick up a graphics card between $200-$300 and you should be good. Also make sure you have at least 4 gb of ram.

Picked it up friday. Amazed already, I usually hate playing non-multiplayer games for a stretches but get completely sucked into skyrim.

This is why I don't play PC games anymore. Tired of a new $50 game turning into a $500 game because I need to upgrade heh.

Anyone bought a horse yet? I'm considering but still saving up for that damn house! 2500 in coin as of now.

And any reason to keep dragon bones/scales on me?

Anyone bought a horse yet? I'm considering but still saving up for that damn house! 2500 in coin as of now.

And any reason to keep dragon bones/scales on me?

i haven't gotten that far, but i assume you eventually use them for making dragon armor. Haven't bought one yet i just keep stealing them when i need them.

anyone use the housecarl you get? I've just ignored mine mostly

i haven't gotten that far, but i assume you eventually use them for making dragon armor.

That's what I'm assuming also. Staying away from all the "tips" message boards and other sources of detailed info for everything, trying not to ruin the surprises for myself for once.

I put in a good 30 minutes of actual "work" this morning, so now it's time to go back to my "real" profession which is questing in Skyrim for the rest of the day. :icon_mrgreen:

That's what I'm assuming also. Staying away from all the "tips" message boards and other sources of detailed info for everything, trying not to ruin the surprises for myself for once.

I put in a good 30 minutes of actual "work" this morning, so now it's time to go back to my "real" profession which is questing in Skyrim for the rest of the day. :icon_mrgreen:

Man... if that's the case I am gonna feel SO stupid for selling that stuff. Oh well...

I joined the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild. There are some seriously cool perks and quests in those. Finding the dark brotherhood was mostly by chance, however. But the armor, WOW!

PS:

Man... if that's the case I am gonna feel SO stupid for selling that stuff. Oh well...

I joined the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild. There are some seriously cool perks and quests in those. Finding the dark brotherhood was mostly by chance, however. But the armor, WOW!

PS:

Classic!

i haven't gotten that far, but i assume you eventually use them for making dragon armor. Haven't bought one yet i just keep stealing them when i need them.

anyone use the housecarl you get? I've just ignored mine mostly

I have been using the housecarl everywhere I go. Extra arms against enemies and she can carry excess goods. Problem is, I left her on my way to the embassy mission. I told her to wait right before I jumped into a carriage. I don't remember where that carriage was, though.

She's gonna be pissed!

Graphics card will struggle a bit I think, and it doesn't support DX11.

Are you saying my graphics card isnt what it should be???

I thought it was a pretty bitchin card when I bought it (two years ago).

Whats the shit now?

Whats the shit now?

590 & 580 are currently the top of the heap if your looking for single card set ups. As a note, the next generation is suppose to come out Q1 of next year.

Whats the shit now?

GTX280 was indeed the shit back then, which is the reason it's still running games.

GTX590 is where it's at now, two generations newer and about three times as as fast as yours. The biggest drawback with GTX280 however, is the lack of DX11 support.

GTX280 was indeed the shit back then, which is the reason it's still running games.

GTX590 is where it's at now, two generations newer and about three times as as fast as yours. The biggest drawback with GTX280 however, is the lack of DX11 support.

Whats DX11?