Fuck Yeah Dad!

Roman

I think our point was, you PAVE the road at 2. If you haven't established that discipline at an early age, by 16, its nearly impossible.

+1 , by 16(heck 14) if you don't have their respect , you are done.

I love the load of damning responses from folks here that don't have children. Until you have had one, you have almost zero room to talk. I am not saying he is a grade A parent, but by the same token you have not walked a mile in his shoes. Imagine what it took to drive him to this point. Imagine what he was feeling when he read that Facebook post. Tell me how you would feel, and before you answer, don't blow me any shit about how you would be constructive, have empathy or understand where she is coming from because that would be a lie.

I have two children and I will tell you this, if one of my kids said this about me or my wife after what we do for those kids I would be devastated and would respond in kind. To say that the guy is out of line is ignorant. You don't know how he got there. Wiggs, from you I would expect a much more metered response. Do you know why he is divorced? How do you know his wife isn't bat shit crazy? How do you know she didn't just fcuking jump ship? How do you know she isn't the biggest asshole on the face of the planet? How do you know she isn't worse than him??? It sounds to me like he has sole custody. How do you think that happened?

I have said a million times that children these days are the most entitled bunch of fcuking pricks I have ever seen. To know that a child would post something like that to Facebook is one of the saddest events I have seen in a while and truly demonstrates an innate lack of any respect for anyone in her life, up to and including herself. Even worse is people being upset that this guy reached out to tell his side of the story. Does he beat her? Does he have her working like Cinderella and locked in a tower at the end of the day? I would love for his daughter to see what child slave labour is like.

Sounds to me like he gave her a reality check. Sounds to me like that little bitch needs to emancipate herself, move out on her own, get her own apartment and a job and then and only then is it acceptable for her to post shit like that on a public forum. Oh, and if this little entitled bitch had a set, she would have MADE SURE HER DADDY COULD SEE IT AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE IN THE FAMILY!!! The only reason that she hid that from the family is the fact that she knows it is FALSE and did not want rebuttal arguement.

I truly weep for our future as she is a majority cross section of todays youth...

Parents pay the bills = Parents in charge... don't like it? start paying the bills.

BE THE PARENT.... stop raising spineless, irresponsible, disrespectful kids.... THEY annoy me.

I love the load of damning responses from folks here that don't have children. Until you have had one, you have almost zero room to talk. I am not saying he is a grade A parent, but by the same token you have not walked a mile in his shoes. Imagine what it took to drive him to this point. Imagine what he was feeling when he read that Facebook post. Tell me how you would feel, and before you answer, don't blow me any shit about how you would be constructive, have empathy or understand where she is coming from because that would be a lie.

I have two children and I will tell you this, if one of my kids said this about me or my wife after what we do for those kids I would be devastated and would respond in kind. To say that the guy is out of line is ignorant. You don't know how he got there. Wiggs, from you I would expect a much more metered response. Do you know why he is divorced? How do you know his wife isn't bat shit crazy? How do you know she didn't just fcuking jump ship? How do you know she isn't the biggest asshole on the face of the planet? How do you know she isn't worse than him??? It sounds to me like he has sole custody. How do you think that happened?

I have said a million times that children these days are the most entitled bunch of fcuking pricks I have ever seen. To know that a child would post something like that to Facebook is one of the saddest events I have seen in a while and truly demonstrates an innate lack of any respect for anyone in her life, up to and including herself. Even worse is people being upset that this guy reached out to tell his side of the story. Does he beat her? Does he have her working like Cinderella and locked in a tower at the end of the day? I would love for his daughter to see what child slave labour is like.

Sounds to me like he gave her a reality check. Sounds to me like that little bitch needs to emancipate herself, move out on her own, get her own apartment and a job and then and only then is it acceptable for her to post shit like that on a public forum. Oh, and if this little entitled bitch had a set, she would have MADE SURE HER DADDY COULD SEE IT AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE IN THE FAMILY!!! The only reason that she hid that from the family is the fact that she knows it is FALSE and did not want rebuttal arguement.

I truly weep for our future as she is a majority cross section of todays youth...

You seriously typed EXACTLY what my thoughts are on all this. And, I'm from Atlanta too...making me proud lol. I have ranted among friends and others about how I HATE the sense of entitlement this upcoming generation demonstrates. Sure there are some that don't act that way, but the large majority is in for a massive wake up call. I'm the single father of a 3 year old who I have a lot of custody of, and I make damn sure, even at this age, that she values ALL the opportunities presented to her. I want her to understand (from as long as she can remember) when she's fortunate and that just like me, she isn't "deserving" of anything particular other than to be loved and directed with morals and values on her path in life. American children....I'm going to stop now. Millions dying from famine/drought, not a problem. American kid misses out on a few minutes of video games on their personal laptop, the world is OVER! 1st world problems...

I did chores as a kid. I had to do all the floors (wash and/or vacuum) to earn an allowance. The allowance was good compared to my friends. If I pulled a stunt like this, my parents would simply say "you don't like it, tough. Find another way to earn money."

I helped with laundry, did dishes, took out garbage whatever I was asked to do. Why? Because you are part of the family and expected to pull your freaking weight. My sisters and brothers all had the same obligations. We worked together and got shit done.

What we have here is a kid that wants all the perks without the obligations. It will be a sad day for her when reality finally hits her....unless the gun shots through her laptop already haven't brought the point home.

I have a 6y/o who is freaking spoiled....it is tough, and I pray every day my daughter doesn't get into that entitled attitude. We try to keep her balanced, but it is tough to compete against parents that don't parent and MTV.

.I'm the single father of a 3 year old who I have a lot of custody of, and I make damn sure, even at this age, that she values ALL the opportunities presented to her. I want her to understand (from as long as she can remember) when she's fortunate and that just like me, she isn't "deserving" of anything particular other than to be loved and directed with morals and values on her path in life.

Good for you, exactly what I have done with all 3 of my kids. And guess what, they are all well behaved, respectful, and loyal to family.

Which is why I am saying that the dummy stammering over his words on the youtube video could very well be a horrible father.

Some are making assumptions that he taught her right and wrong her entire life and then she just snapped and posted what she posted on facebook, but there is every bit of chance that he didn't do a great job of parenting for the past 15 years or so which lead to them being in that situation.

I think our point was, you PAVE the road at 2. If you haven't established that discipline at an early age, by 16, its nearly impossible.

Agree wholeheartedly. Foundation is set early, the building continues forever.

I somewhat agree with the crazy dad in the video. I would not shoot the laptop, but that is his way of getting his point across. Negative actions have consequences and he warned her he would do this based on his video. If he does not follow through, he is simply threatening and that rarely leads to children following direction.

I agree that you have to lead by example and raise your kids to appreciate all the material possessions they receive. I also agree with taking them away when they are disrespectful. This generation certainly is the "me" generation and parents have to change that. Maybe radical guys like this will make kids ask if they need to appreciate what they have.

Many will take sides on this, but you would not see me siding with the kid.

That guy in the video is pure white trash and it isn't a stretch to guess that his daughter is too. I'm sure in some parts of the world shooting a few rounds into a laptop then posting the video for millions is great parenting but imo that's borderline retarded.

:iamwithstupid:

I'm sure it'd be SOP in Saudi Arabia.

As bad as she is, there really is only one person to blame, the parent.

BINGO.

This guy is a Grade A Jackass. The poor kid, no matter how unruly she may be, will have serious issues now. Oh - and the whole trust thing? Gone. No matter the situation, there are right ways to handle the situation and wrong ways. This is clearly the wrong way. He is powerless and taking the only course of action he feels he has power over - shooting a gun into his own property then posting it to social media. The very thing his daughter did and now he's doing it? This is how children act... Or people who start wars.

Who wants to bet he never went to college? $50 says he couldn't pass a fifth grade writing test. Deplorable, childish, ignorant behavior.

That guy in the video is pure white trash and it isn't a stretch to guess that his daughter is too. I'm sure in some parts of the world shooting a few rounds into a laptop then posting the video for millions is great parenting but imo that's borderline retarded.

:iamwithstupid: Maybe he should spend less time at the range and more time working on his stuttering.

Wiggs, from you I would expect a much more metered response. Do you know why he is divorced? How do you know his wife isn't bat shit crazy? How do you know she didn't just fcuking jump ship? How do you know she isn't the biggest asshole on the face of the planet? How do you know she isn't worse than him??? It sounds to me like he has sole custody. How do you think that happened?

My post was more in jest but, either way, the parents are to blame for the kid's behavior. They created the 'monster' and are now pissed off at it for being there. Either parents create the kid or they don't. If they do, then they have to take responsibility for the terrible actions of their CHILD. If they don't, then there is no point in creating rules, boundaries, etc. as it's purely 'luck of the draw' when it comes to kid's behavior. This guy is an idiot. Anyone who would destroy their OWN property out of spite is irrational. It certainly doesn't teach any 'good values'. And it's because of his idiocy that I jokingly said that it's no shock he was divorced.

Polarizing subject, interesting.

Amazed to see all the commentary from a single 8 minute video giving ONE side of the story. We don't know if this guy is Cliff Huxtable or Charlie Sheen. Maybe he's raping his daughters every night, we don't know. We also don't know if the daughter is an angel or satan incarnate. All we've got is one side of the story, told by a stammering redneck with smoke in one hand and gun in the other. It's impossible to comment on the situation because our storyteller is a DOLT.

Polarizing subject, interesting.

Amazed to see all the commentary from a single 8 minute video giving ONE side of the story. We don't know if this guy is Cliff Huxtable or Charlie Sheen. Maybe he's raping his daughters every night, we don't know. We also don't know if the daughter is an angel or satan incarnate. All we've got is one side of the story, told by a stammering redneck with smoke in one hand and gun in the other. It's impossible to comment on the situation because our storyteller is a DOLT.

I'm sure in some parts of the world shooting a few rounds into a laptop then posting the video for millions is great parenting but imo that's borderline retarded.

My post was more in jest but, either way, the parents are to blame for the kid's behavior. They created the 'monster' and are now pissed off at it for being there. Either parents create the kid or they don't. If they do, then they have to take responsibility for the terrible actions of their CHILD. If they don't, then there is no point in creating rules, boundaries, etc. as it's purely 'luck of the draw' when it comes to kid's behavior. This guy is an idiot. Anyone who would destroy their OWN property out of spite is irrational. It certainly doesn't teach any 'good values'. And it's because of his idiocy that I jokingly said that it's no shock he was divorced.

Exactly my thoughts, they created the child, they are the most influential people in the upbringing of the child, the kid has their genes and have only themselves to blame. They should look more at themselves first

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is good-to-go. If he didn't love his daughter more than life, he wouldn't do the things he does. One day, she'll be thankful for him. She should be so lucky to have such a father (and grow up in a place where she had a laptop in the first place). The rest of the world is jaw-dropping-ly different. Dr. Phil -- increasingly isolated from reality, testosterone, and relevance. Thanks for posting, RC.

She did something dumb, he goes and does something dumber. Fighting dumbness with dumbness never works. I did many MUCH worse things growing up and my parents always sat me down and gave me the logical and rational, yet stern feedback/discipline. Seemed to work just fine. BUT I really have to agree with porter...we don't REALLY know what's up so passing judgement is moot.