Learn french, then cook

Tommy

Hi there, been waaaaay too much inactive lately, lot of change in my life. One of the thing I do is helping my GF with her website, she wanna be a cook and will study in the most recognized cooking school as she's pretty new at it. I'm sharing 'cause of the pictures, I'm the photographer and I'm learning how to shoot food, as it's quite different than shooting anything else. So please, share your though, tell me if that make you hungry!

http://nowimacook.com/

Looks good - photography wise and taste wise!

The big thing with food photography IMO is the background. Yes, the food (if prepared correctly) will always look tasty, but its the rest of the photograph that has to draw it together.

I recently did a sympathy shoot for a cafe in town that is about to go out of business. I attempted to describe this to them, but they insisted that I photograph all of the food the exact same way on the most bland & tan table on the planet. When they got the photographs back they said that they didn't like them and ended up not using them. Truly frustrating and just goes to show why they failing (attention to detail is not even thought of). If it wasn't for a friend of mine working with them I would have had some words with the owner for wasting my time and not listening to me.

Yours are looking good though. Keep it up and please distribute the baked goods around LP ...mmmkay?

capt_chaos, I'm glad that you finally have fixed my account.

D4E! How it's going?!

Amp: There are so many details to be attentive for with food photography! I'm still learning, I can now notice what's wrong in my firsts shoots :)

Looks wonderful.

I love the variety in backgrounds, colors, textures, lighting. Creatively, attractively done. Inviting.

The photo of her taking a bite is wonderful!

One suggestion: After including a photo of the item (especially desserts) where it is shown whole, or even cut in a piece - but perfect in form....I would include a photo where a bite had been taken, or it has been broken by a utensil. This would show what it would look like after someone has begun to eat it - which to me - makes it that much more interesting. Show some crumbs on the plate - or a piece with a bite missing. It will add to the textures and showing it in perfect form, and then less than perfect - makes it seem approachable and inviting and even more mouth watering.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! UFxi, a bit of what ? Boobies?! :monkeyleft:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! UFxi, a bit of what ? Boobies?! :monkeyleft:

LOL that might be a good idea XD kidding XD no, what i meant is, some of the photos lacks a little.....color....or presentation....i think. Just my opinion though. :) Im not good with photos but I've seen some.

c2eb59cf7d7693a4_Food.xlarger.jpg

linaerikssondish.jpg

2328819485_b84c55e822.jpg

^

Maybe something like that...(I'm pertaining to the all in all background set-up/presentation) just a suggestion :)

I haven't used French in years, I was really surprised at how much of it I can still understand.

ON-topic, the food looks great, I may have to try some of those receipes.

Tommy,

Would you mind posting an English version of the "Steak tartare" here or dropping me a PM version of it :eusa_pray:

Sorry but my French - pue!

Thanks in advance.

Tommy,

Would you mind posting an English version of the "Steak tartare" here or dropping me a PM version of it :eusa_pray:

Steak tartare

For 2:

0.55lb of fresh minced beef

1 egg yolk

1 big teaspoon Mustard from Dijon

½ onion

½ shallot

1 tablespoon minced capers OR minced gherkins

1 tablespoon ketchup

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon minced parsley

salt, pepper

Tabasco

Peel and mince finely half of the onion and half of the shallot. In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, mustard, onion, shallot and capers (or gherkins), Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and olive oil. Add salt, peppers and a few drops of Tabasco.

Add the meat into the bowl, add parsley and mix. Taste and add salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard or Tabasco if needed. Add what you think it lacks to match your preference. Do not wait to serve, you can keep it in fridge for a few minutes if you want it fresh.

Serve french fries, salad (or both!) on the side.

Hope it helps, my english pue aswell, I need to come back here to practice :eusa_dance: