My G Matte Transformation

ToofDoc

So I decided to wrap my G instead of permanently painting it. Wow, I'm in LOVE! I decided to use XPEL Stealth film instead of 3M vinyl. The door handles, rocker panels, front spoiler (below & between the front vents), rear spoiler, rear bottom bumper, panels front of the air-intakes (behind the doors on the sides), and both mirrors are wrapped with XPEL Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap.

Here' are some befores and afters. Let me know what y'all think?

Before:

IMG_1225.jpg

After:

IMG_1363.jpg

Before:

IMG_1229.jpg

After:

IMG_1357.jpg

Before:

IMG_1231.jpg

After:

IMG_1359.jpg

Before:

IMG_1230.jpg

After:

IMG_1358.jpg

Before:

IMG_1232.jpg

After:

IMG_1362.jpg

Driver's side mirror

IMG_1470.jpg

Passenger's side mirror

IMG_1461.jpg

Front splitter/spoiler

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

Rear spoiler

IMG_1467.jpg

Rear bumper

IMG_1468.jpg

Side airduct, door handle, rocker panel

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

Very nice, but you should hire out the lawn service....you have way oo many garden and lawn toys... :icon_mrgreen:

Very nice, but you should hire out the lawn service....you have way oo many garden and lawn toys... :icon_mrgreen:

He has been busy with his matte wrap and hiring his drywall taper.

Great looking G. I`ll be taking my own matte CF wrap off this year I think. I dont care to think what damage it will do!

Mods this man needs an owners title...and garden help.

How easy to work with was the CF wrap? I know you have good hands (hopefully) given your title - but it looks good! Might have to do some toying around - I can think of a few things I'd like to wrap in CF.

He has been busy with his matte wrap and hiring his drywall taper.

Great looking G. I`ll be taking my own matte CF wrap off this year I think. I dont care to think what damage it will do!

Mods this man needs an owners title...and garden help.

Mods, how do I get into the champagne room and become a "VIP"?

How easy to work with was the CF wrap? I know you have good hands (hopefully) given your title - but it looks good! Might have to do some toying around - I can think of a few things I'd like to wrap in CF.

Didn't do it myself...too busy pulling people's teeth! Hired certified installer to do it. Total cost $5000 for the entire car.

I did however watch them do it, it looked straight forward, but just like placing any LARGE sticker on anything, it's very technique sensitive!

ToofDoc - congrats & welcome :headbang:

I`ll be taking my own matte CF wrap off this year I think. I dont care to think what damage it will do!

Donnie - be careful unwrapping - it is also technique sensitive. Clearcoat can come up.

I've been told be SURE to apply heat and unwrap slowly. You don't want to peel if off cold, and it's best to carefully use a heat gun or blow dryer with another person (one pulls the film while the other warms it up).

I paid a pro to unwrap mine because a friend pulled the film off his Murci (warm day - in the sun) and it brought up a small patch of clear coat. There was no fresh paint. The car was a couple years old.

Didn't do it myself...too busy pulling people's teeth! Hired certified installer to do it. Total cost $5000 for the entire car.

I did however watch them do it, it looked straight forward, but just like placing any LARGE sticker on anything, it's very technique sensitive!

Right on. Well it looks fantastic/

ToofDoc - congrats & welcome :headbang:

Donnie - be careful unwrapping - it is also technique sensitive. Clearcoat can come up.

I've been told be SURE to apply heat and unwrap slowly. You don't want to peel if off cold, and it's best to carefully use a heat gun or blow dryer with another person (one pulls the film while the other warms it up).

I paid a pro to unwrap mine because a friend pulled the film off his Murci (warm day - in the sun) and it brought up a small patch of clear coat. There was no fresh paint. The car was a couple years old.

Ouch. I was just thinking of wrapping some interior bits or perhaps mirrors or front chin spoiler. But I'm not sure. I won't do it if there's any chance of it being FUBAR after I pull it off. And the wrapping made me instantly think of wrapping an iPad!

Looks great!

For access to the VIP area you private message me nude pictures of any current or past flings and I grant access...hurry though...before any mods open this thread. :aiwebs_011:

I'm enjoying your Avatar as we speak!

Welcome to Lambo Power.

Dont use the thread smilies.

They aren't for his lawn. ;)

Looks pretty good, I think I might actually like it better in the Matte here! And welcome to the forum.

I knew I was getting ripped off last time I got my wisdom teeth pulled. Total time took maybe half an hour(anesthesia to walking out). Total cost was about $1500, but man was it worth it.

Congrats on the car. Not a fan of matte black but the car looks good. I think its better than a gloss black or factory.

Dont take this the wrong way, but I think it looks terrible. The combo of the fake carbon, the seams, the fact they didnt remove the rear emblem and just cut around it.. I think the car looks perfect the way it was.

I knew I was getting ripped off last time I got my wisdom teeth pulled. Total time took maybe half an hour(anesthesia to walking out). Total cost was about $1500, but man was it worth it.

Congrats on the car. Not a fan of matte black but the car looks good. I think its better than a gloss black or factory.

$1500 = 100% guarantee no more tooth or gum infection in your 3rd molar areas! Absolutely worth it, especially if it was hurting you to begin with. I personally believe that dentistry is expensive as hell even with insurance. I absolutely enjoy what I do, it's a necessary evil some would put it!

Dont take this the wrong way, but I think it looks terrible. The combo of the fake carbon, the seams, the fact they didnt remove the rear emblem and just cut around it.. I think the car looks perfect the way it was.

No offense taken. We all like different things. I really enjoyed the transformation.

The Lamborghini script on the back was my call. The installer wanted to pull it off.

Rear emblem: I had two choices: 1) remove the emblem, chance damaging it so the matte film can be placed as normal & looks complete, then replace the emblem back on top of the matte film (if the emblem is still intact) or 2) leave the emblem alone and just cut the matte film around it the best that he could.

I elected option 2 for several reasons. I couldn't find a replacement OEM emblem to my immediate disposal so if the installer breaks it, then at least I have a replacement to put it back and also I couldn't be home to supervise the installer during the enblem removing process to make sure he doesn't scratch my car while removing the emblem. If I could've been home to see the process AND I had an emblem replacement on hand, I would've gone option #1 for the complete look. I pick option 2 to be safe.

Overall, I'm pleased and glad I did it. Would use and recommend XPEL again and have the same team install any new job in the future. The job is not perfect and still a grade of "A-/B+"!

Biggest bonus.....my G is completely protected with a rubber!

• 1 year later...
Really inspired by this thread... a year later, how well did the wrap hold up?

XPEL Stealth film is great! It held up superbly! I did however removed my wrap because my 560 went under some comestic transformation. Currently it's in its natural state of shiny black again.

If you're into matte finish, then you won't be disappointed with XPEL Stealth film! Post pictures!