HEAT FTW!

SV-N-IT

We'll see LeBron with 30+ next game instead of trusting his team mates.

Well, I can sleep well tonight :thefinger: !

550 posts in this thread and you are still trying to laugh at us... :tyson: :thefinger:

J/K.. tough series.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great game, just the wrong outcome! Imo SA played like true professionals

:iamwithstupid: you can tell they are a very disciplined team and work great together.

i must say im impressed with SA, but we are still taking this one! HEAT FTW :icon_thumleft:

that freakin parker is like a little lebron...

so true :icon_mrgreen:

post-2228-1370614114.jpg

Miami Felt them out.. I think SA will not play as hard game 2 and miami will do everything they need to win.

We lose game 2 ..its over.

Misc-OhSnap_Bear.jpg

Basketball Hall of Famer, North Korea ambassador and unique human being Dennis Rodman has decided someone needed to say it: LeBron James obviously would be an average NBA player in the 1980s or 1990s.

You see, as Rodman explained Friday on The Dan Patrick Show, James plays in an era when basketball has gone soft. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen (and presumably Dennis Rodman) were playing in a real era and therefore are better than the four-time MVP.

“LeBron came into the age of the game at a perfect time. Michael came into the game when back then you could hit people, knock him down, shoot a free throw and get back up,” Rodman said. “And LeBron can’t do that. All they do today is (complain) about a foul.”

Rodman presumably has knocked James down and had him not get back up.

“If LeBron was playing in the late ’80s and early ’90s, he would be just an average player,” Rodman said. “LeBron is more like … there’s no flash to his game.”

For what it’s worth, Tracy McGrady, a former NBA scoring champ, current San Antonio Spurs reserve and much more normal human being, sort of agreed with Rodman on Friday in Miami.

“It’s different then it was,” McGrady told USA TODAY Sports’ Alex Kennedy. “Then, when I came in ’97, you had men in the league. There’s a lot of boys in this league now. And that’s what I’ve been trying to tell guys when they’ve been asking me questions about LeBron and Jordan. I’m like, ‘Come on man, y’all can’t be serious.’ This man MJ was playing against grown men out there. There’s a lot of boys in the league right now. That seems to be the difference.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/dennis-rod...n-lebron-james/

That sounds like its coming from a typical washed out, old, jealous, nba star that can't do 10 push ups anymore... You can't deny LJ would be incredible no matter what year he played. IMO MJ and LJ are the 2 best players the league has ever seen. When your at the top everyone wants to bring you down.

Rodman is a has been.... Lol

This sorta argument comparing the modern game to the old is also done in football, and even formula 1 racing -- modern QBs have it made compared to '70s and '80s when they could be killed and their receivers mugged, and it took men to drive those old cars.

You have no idea how one would adjust, so you gotta leave it be. But if you could show that someone couldn't adjust, then you have a case. All the flopping is group mentality...

Btw the flip argument can be made that the modern day player is bigger, faster, stronger, etc and is all conquering. Well that's bs too for similar reasons.

The only thing I agree with in the article is that I preferred the NBA game of old over the modern one.

Rodman was the king of flops! MJ is better than LJ thats for sure. LJ is a different kind of animal.. people forget he is one of the best big man passer in the game... He rebounds , Scores, passes ,defensive monster... i have never seen someone block so many layups on a fast break ! which is very hard to do.

The physical specimen LJ is compared to the guys from the 80's... I don't know man. I think he would man handle them.

MJ would work LBJ. MJ has the greatest basketball IQ of any player, hands down. Great intensity, motivation to win, and super smart, able to predict a players next move.

He was 100% correct mentioning some of LBJs weaknesses-- he almost always pulls up for a jumper when he goes left cause he starts his shot from his left side, and when he goes right its almost always a drive in because he is only strong driving right.

Two different players, but during finals game 1 I thought to myself how MJ would have had a completely different 4th quarter from LBJ. MJ would have went out there and killed it. That killer and winner mentality, LeBron does have and we seldom see, he needs to show it every. single. game. I was waiting for it, never happened. This is a time for 30+ pts when your other superstars are going for 8pts combined.

People need to stop comparing players, in every sports. It just doesn't make any sense.

Different era's, different kind of game. 90's were harder and tougher that's for sure but still, it doesn't matter.

You got to give props to Rodman though, he had stamina like crazy and put in a lot of work even though he partied hard. He came through. Him and MJ are both crazy, staying up all night, barely sleep and still train hard and own the game.

Big night fellas! Prediction Heat by atleast 6

i should have said 26 lolol

what a freakin game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when miami hits the "on button" NO ONE can come close :icon_super:

i should have said 26 lolol

what a freakin game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when miami hits the "on button" NO ONE can come close :icon_super:

Its their defense that sets up these huge wins, and their offense comes from defensive effort. They FINALLY shut down SA at the end of the 3rd quarter, and Finally started hitting open shots. If we win 2 of 3 over there it is going 6. If we win 1 of 3 it is going 7.

only in the MIA! love it lol

That was taken during the Pacers series, but yeah-WHO HAS THE BEST FANS! LOL

great game for miami ! Glad to see everyone show up for this game. LJ struggled for 3 qtrs.. SA is sending 3 guys on him..Only way to beat that is the rest of miami has to make them pay ! and they sure did.

we NEED to win game 3 !!! the winner has gone to win 92.4%.

great game for miami ! Glad to see everyone show up for this game. LJ struggled for 3 qtrs.. SA is sending 3 guys on him..Only way to beat that is the rest of miami has to make them pay ! and they sure did.

we NEED to win game 3 !!! the winner has gone to win 92.4%.

BTW-That 92.4% would be close to 100% if the Heat didnt beat the Mavs in Game 3 and lose the series. What we NEED is 2 of 3 wins in SA. :icon_mrgreen: