Underground Racing TT AVENTADOR !

Kevin,

someone calling UG in Florida for 25k.. don't really know the details. Just what i read on Nagtroc

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/t...t/page__st__120

I love how the guys over there are talking about well the next GTR tune or Gallardo tune will destroy this. These guys seem to have forgotten that there have been years of research and development to get these cars to where they are now. The Aventador has had at best.....a couple of months?

If they can do the same kinds of development on the Aventador as they have done on the Gallardo...then this will be THE tuner car for the next decade IMO.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't be, with the Aventador, I would spare no expense to build it right. I would like to see it with better connecting rods, even without turbo's. With a built engine, you get a 2 year warranty as well. One ride and its GAME OVER! :icon_mrgreen: Be warned, once you experience an Aventador with boost, one without will never satisfy you again.

It is not about expense. You wouldn't buy this car to start if expense or your wallet is an issue.

My question was I have modded my own fair share of cars and cars with built engines never really runs right. And for those that did run right and so called "bulletproof engines", you would always have to sacrifice/compromise something in return for getting the engine to the built states that it is. Normally it would be too high strung for comfort. For example as with GTR (I've own 2, and currently on my 3rd 2012, countless vendors told me blah blah blah our kit could make this car like daily driven 800 to 1000whp street car but apprently NO. Its all horseshit. No 1000hp car would be daily drivable WITHOUT compromise of some kind.

Now bolt ons, its a different thing. You dont drop the engine and all the connecting pipes, oils, coolants, wire harness, suspensions etc are not touched. Car runs reliably with the benefit of boost like you say. Thus my questions. I would be happy with a 900 to 1000hp on the flywheel aventador therefore if built engine is a requirement, its a no go for me.

Easy solution: drop the original engine & tranny, seal them up & store them; get another OEM block AND LET THE BUILD BEGIN!!!!!

Please humor us and call Lamborghini asking for a complete long block and trans for an Aventador.

It is not about expense. You wouldn't buy this car to start if expense or your wallet is an issue.

My question was I have modded my own fair share of cars and cars with built engines never really runs right. And for those that did run right and so called "bulletproof engines", you would always have to sacrifice/compromise something in return for getting the engine to the built states that it is. Normally it would be too high strung for comfort. For example as with GTR (I've own 2, and currently on my 3rd 2012, countless vendors told me blah blah blah our kit could make this car like daily driven 800 to 1000whp street car but apprently NO. Its all horseshit. No 1000hp car would be daily drivable WITHOUT compromise of some kind.

Now bolt ons, its a different thing. You dont drop the engine and all the connecting pipes, oils, coolants, wire harness, suspensions etc are not touched. Car runs reliably with the benefit of boost like you say. Thus my questions. I would be happy with a 900 to 1000hp on the flywheel aventador therefore if built engine is a requirement, its a no go for me.

Not sure other than the GTR what cars you're talking about, but my TTG with a built engine makes 1k whp on pump, ~750-800 whp on what I call "low pump" (lower boost), and as far as I can tell it drives just like stock until you get into the throttle. I've had it on a couple of lengthy drives through the mountains (Tail of the Dragon type roads), and it does great. Now obviously if the car was stock I could get into the throttle more in some situations, so if you call being more gentle with the throttle control a "sacrifice/compromise" then so be it. But I strongly suspect driving a Veyron requires some thoughtful throttle control as well, and that doesn't bother me.

I hear you on that. I think what he is saying is that they have built it with no compromise. Not sure why forging a block (without cams)

would give you compromise? Turbos are turbos back there changing pistons and rods should not affect your daily driving.

If the tune is dead on , car should roll out like stock (tranny upgrades I can't speak for )

Not sure what 2 GTR's you had modded , but my only compromise is louder fuel pumps. Otherwise it drives like stock with a little lag on part throttle.

Cool video, great production. 0-60 in 2.2 is nuts. Cant wait to see what this thing does in the quarter and in the standing mile.

Some people still stretch to get these cars just like any other cars.

First, your post as very inaccurate as you are saying that because you have had bad experiences with the tuners you have dealt with that there is no way another tuner can build a 1000+ whp car without compromise. You are way off here. Please tell us the experiences you have had in a full built Underground Racing Lamborghini. One ride and your opinion will change, in a hurry. :icon_thumleft: Its sad to hear you have not received what you were told from your GTR tuner. I can tell you for sure that you will not compromise ANYTHING with an Underground Racing build. Building an engine has nothing to do with the way it drives around if done properly. We have cars making 1200 whp on pump gas (with full built engines) that drive just as they do stock other than they are extremely fast, but smooth. :icon_mrgreen:

You wouldn't be happy once the connecting rods end up on the road.

You wouldn't be happy once the connecting rods end up on the road.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Please let us know some more specs of that beast. Hearing the engine in the video the fisrt impression is that it works very well and with an unexpected very low lag.

Congrats

ciao

Well stated Kevin......I used to think the same way about built motors, having gone through 14 Supras and a TT Viper, it seemed that anytime I went the built motor route I regretted it later. I have now had 2 UGR cars with built motors and truly they drive like a STOCK Lambo, don't knock it until you try it First (no pun intended)...

Peter

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Please let us know some more specs of that beast. Hearing the engine in the video the fisrt impression is that it works very well and with an unexpected very low lag.

Congrats

ciao

We have big plans for the Underground Racing TT Aventador's. The TT 700 is insane! More coming soon. Sit tight

:downtown:

I drove an Aventador, 2 weeks ago, it has a brutally smooth and flawless gear change, lightning quick, its leaps and bounds ahead of the transmission E-Gear on any of the Gallardo models.

Not dis-crediting the Gallardo in any way whatsoever, it's Lamborghinis Blue Eyed Bull.

The standard Aventador is breathtaking.

The UGR Aventador is a Technical Marvel and Engineering Masterpiece.

One year from now, and all I can say is, tyre companies are going to be embarrased that they not keeping their end of the DEAL.

Kevin and the Entire Crew at Underground Racing, Congratulations.

Sher - South Africa.

That's crazy quick. Really awesome. It will remain a bit out of my price range, but if the Aventador can do this, imagine what the lighter Gallardo will be capable of in a year or so.

That's crazy quick. Really awesome. It will remain a bit out of my price range, but if the Aventador can do this, imagine what the lighter Gallardo will be capable of in a year or so.

I really hope Lambo goes with a carbon chassis for the Gallardo replacement... it would be insane to have something at these power levels and a stiffer chassis coupled with dropping a few hundred pounds

Who builds you GTRs?

People thinking that you can mod a car adding around 500HP (hell, even 50 should be enough to fcuk shit up) more than stock and at the same time keeping it as reliable as stock, are idiots. Real idiots. Period.

People thinking that you can mod a car adding around 500HP (hell, even 50 should be enough to fcuk shit up) more than stock and at the same time keeping it as reliable as stock, are idiots. Real idiots. Period.

Concur!

I've also have no experience of the ugr cars so can't comment on that or how good they are, but i did think it a little harsh a response re tuning. I'm also of the same school of thought as first in that i would consider a bolt on kit, if it didn't kill the engine, but wouldn't go any further than that.

I have also had a few tuned tuned cars and always in my experience the more power you add the more issues and conflicts with drivabilit/reliability crop up, regardless of who does the work.

This is not any slur on your work but it is most peoples experience on the tuning world, maybe your cars will change this going rorward, your work is truly amazing and it is astounding that you can provide that level of performance, especially given the length of time you have had to do it, with it being a new model. Keep up the good work, its great that there are people out there who really push the limits, well done.

I don't have any experience with UGR cars, but I can't imagine they feel any different at 25 or 70 mph than they do stock. I suppose the shifting could feel different if the transmission is modified, but if the suspension is the same, I doubt you'd notice any changes to the dynamics of the car under casual driving conditions.

I do however doubt that the physical driving experience is the same. If you add 500hp to a car, you'd be a fool to expect to drive it the same as you do in stock form. The pedal doesn't change, but the power sure does, thus you can't stomp the gas like you may have done before. If there was there is an insane amount of power and you are required to barely touch the pedal, that would probably be really annoying. Regardless of how smooth power delivery is, you still have to adjust how much power you are giving it. Whether or not you consider that to change the daily drivability, I dunno. Depends on the person I guess.

In terms of tracking the car, I imagine the experience is much different and probably much worse. I don't think you'd want such a car on a road course without extensive development and aerodynamic work. Then again, I've never heard of people doing anything other than drag racing these cars, so I guess that's not really relevant to most people who buy them.

In terms of tracking the car, I imagine the experience is much different and probably much worse. I don't think you'd want such a car on a road course without extensive development and aerodynamic work. Then again, I've never heard of people doing anything other than drag racing these cars, so I guess that's not really relevant to most people who buy them.

Any videos of it using 1500hp on a turn? ;)

I do wonder what benefit the lap time sees. You'd probably only be able to use the power on long straights, and in the cases that you do see a huge speed difference, you'd also have to use your brakes that much harder, which could potentially make you slower in the end due to the wear on the brakes. I think having to be so careful with the throttle would just be more of a hassle than a benefit. Would be much easier to overdo it.

Anyone else ever take their TTG out on a track? How did it hold up and was it better or worse than a lower hp car?