Remote control window tint, awesome

Assman

Pretty cool but $3k starting price....I think i could pick one tint level and be happy with it BUT still very cool. I have actually never had a car tinted mainly just because I never get around to it but I do need it haha

I can see people messing with law enforcement with that,

officer "Sir I pulled you over for dark tint"

driver "what tint"

officer "WHAT IN GOD'S HOUDINI HAPPENED, YOU MAY GO; HAVE A NICE DAY"

Pretty cool but $3k starting price....I think i could pick one tint level and be happy with it BUT still very cool. I have actually never had a car tinted mainly just because I never get around to it but I do need it haha

It's not about the multiple levels (although that is cool).

It's all about the police, and legal limits are usually higher than you'd like them to be.

Some states like AZ and FL I hear they don't care too much because of the sun issue, but most other places do seem to care.

They've had this for years for Bizjets i'm glad to see it coming to cars. I think it will actually be a saftey feature being able to vary

the tint depending on light conditions. And if you think 3K is expensive it cost about 18k a window on a Bizjet. FAA certification is a bitch.

It's not about the multiple levels (although that is cool).

It's all about the police, and legal limits are usually higher than you'd like them to be.

Some states like AZ and FL I hear they don't care too much because of the sun issue, but most other places do seem to care.

Yeah here in CA it's just another reason to pull you over. Admittedly I have all my vehicles tinted pretty dark, but my DD is a big 4x4 diesel truck and I imagine they just assume i'm a contractor and let it slide.

My Viper had dark tint on the front windows and I got fucked with a good bit for that one, among other things.

This has been around for a while...I was wondering when someone was finally going to put it in cars. It's a pretty cool technology, and the possibilities are pretty intriguing...:)

Smart Glass (Nerd Content)

Merc had this in the late 90s and RR had it as well... it did not sell well and they stopped selling it.

Glad to see it is now an aftermarket option.

I can see people messing with law enforcement with that,

officer "Sir I pulled you over for dark tint"

driver "what tint"

officer "WHAT IN GOD'S HOUDINI HAPPENED, YOU MAY GO; HAVE A NICE DAY"

:icon_super:

Basically the same as that privacy glass isn't it? I remember a member on here using that on their license plate (except it turned white) and heard people use that stuff in office buildings for privacy, etc.