I got to drive a Veyron!

VBUGKING

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should have picked one up 2 years ago when you could get them in the 800s, lol

There is an 9k mile car in the 800s out there now...

Must have been great! This is the Veyron that was on GoldRush right?

Yep

It's a awesome car, too bad the shape isn't super flashy like a lambo. It's really round and the exhaust sounds ok..... More of a perfect luxury car. Btw is the torque instant or is there some lag before it kicks in?

It's a awesome car, too bad the shape isn't super flashy like a lambo. It's really round and the exhaust sounds ok..... More of a perfect luxury car. Btw is the torque instant or is there some lag before it kicks in?

Car got at least as much attention and maybe even more than my Verde Ithaca Aventador. I was actually really surprised given that its black/matte black. The power curve was really great, I didnt notice any lag as long as I was in the right gear.

Vbox, being that it will cost you nearly a million, have you thought about waiting until the F1/F70 arrive? You'd probably spend a similar amount, they might even appreciate, definitely easier to sell, and probably just as fast is not faster. I can't imagine those cars being less than they Veyron in any metric. Might be little flashier though I guess. Depends on their initial price and how hard they are to get, but a million would probably get you one.

Their arrival might see the Veyron drop in price as people who want the top dog car move on and unload the Veyron. Unlike Enzos and F1s, there are lots of non-collectors who bought Veyrons just because they were the best. When two new, million dollar, 1000hp cars come on the market, you may very well see more of Veyrons for sale. I don't think the massive depreciation seen by the Veyron is a good sign of it's staying power.

Just some food for thought.

Oh, and IIRC, Elite Autos in Arkansas had an 08 blue/dark blue Veyron listed for a long time at $879K with like 5K miles. And if that was the price on their website, you can almost be positive it traded for less than that when it finally sold. I think it sold within the last year. I wouldn't pay over a million for one. If they depreciated 800K already, I don't think it's unlikely that they'd drop another few hundred thousand and you might have to hold on to it a while being how little demand there is for them.

Vbox, being that it will cost you nearly a million, have you thought about waiting until the F1/F70 arrive? You'd probably spend a similar amount, they might even appreciate, definitely easier to sell, and probably just as fast is not faster. I can't imagine those cars being less than they Veyron in any metric. Might be little flashier though I guess. Depends on their initial price and how hard they are to get, but a million would probably get you one.

Their arrival might see the Veyron drop in price as people who want the top dog car move on and unload the Veyron. There are lots of non-collectors who bought Veyrons just because they were the best. When two new, million dollar, 1000hp cars come on the market, you may very well see more of Veyrons for sale.

Oh, and IIRC, Elite Autos in Arkansas had an 08 blue/dark blue Veyron listed for a long time at $879K with like 5K miles. And if that was the price on their website, you can almost be positive it traded for less than that when it finally sold. I wouldn't pay over a million for one. If they depreciated 800K already, I don't think it's unlikely that they'd drop another few hundred thousand and you might have to hold on to it a while being how little demand there is for them.

Yeah I remember that car, but that was also during the economy crash. You arent finding a 5k mile (or less), no story car for under 1 mil, IMO. They arent making the Veyrons anymore, and to my surprise the values have rebounded. There are only 4 "regular" Veyrons on the market currently, that I have seen, and they are all over 1 mil. Now if someone knows of some other cars, please enlighten me. The new Ferrari I am sure will be impossible for any mere mortal to get. I dont know anything about it really, but I have my doubts that the Enzo replacement will trump the Veyron, or that many people will be dumping their Veyrons for one.

Their arrival might see the Veyron drop in price as people who want the top dog car move on and unload the Veyron. Unlike Enzos and F1s, there are lots of non-collectors who bought Veyrons just because they were the best. When two new, million dollar, 1000hp cars come on the market, you may very well see more of Veyrons for sale. I don't think the massive depreciation seen by the Veyron is a good sign of it's staying power.

Oh, and IIRC, Elite Autos in Arkansas had an 08 blue/dark blue Veyron listed for a long time at $879K with like 5K miles. And if that was the price on their website, you can almost be positive it traded for less than that when it finally sold. I think it sold within the last year. I wouldn't pay over a million for one. If they depreciated 800K already, I don't think it's unlikely that they'd drop another few hundred thousand and you might have to hold on to it a while being how little demand there is for them.

The Enzo replacement will be just that, the Enzo replacement.....not the same type of car. Veyrons were built to be enjoyable road cars that also happen to be crazy fast. You can actually drive the Veyron normally and listen to the radio.....Enzos have no sound deadening really and no radio.....basically a race car. Im sure there will always be supply and demand for guys wanting them preowned.....look at the numbers ~340 made....roughly 114 in county......Amazing super supercar......

If there was another one with service history and no issues or paintwork under 10k miles for $800k......Id buy it too as Im sure VBox would and were just 2 people on this forum.......

I can tell you from my personal experience in it, theres nothing remotely close. No How, No Where. From the power to the braking to the radio.......Its simply AMAZING!

Not as much pull as the TTGs, but you could tell the Veyron was way better engineered to handle the power. The Veyron never feels on edge the way the TTGs do. Driving around in Veyron, you just feel special and important, and the power is always drama free. The TTG's you get more of that "jet pack strapped onto a skateboard" feel, which is fun when you are trying to scare you passengers. :)

:icon_thumleft:

...The new Ferrari I am sure will be impossible for any mere mortal to get...

Yes, you are right. They were all sold one year ago and there was a big fight to book one. This comes from an internal source at Ferrari GES, F1 racing department, where the CF chassis of two F70 prototypes were assembled. Price should be in 1 million euro range, + taxes (VAT and so on), but this may change a bit. That will not be a Veyron type car and nor will break Veyron speed record. It will be an Hybrid car, very strong in a drag race due to KERS but cannot go over 380 km/h.

ciao

Like I said when it comes to Veyron... Screw the Aventador..No matter how magazines try to compare the 2, the Veyron is just worlds appart with regards to ownership costs, in a bad way.

Fixed^^^^^^^

I drove one up in Seattle a month back. In a straight line, it's insanely quick, never felt that kind of push ever before, but if you are looking for an exotic that sounds like a diesel truck, this is the car to get. Also the gear dilay is really wierd, it goes from right to left in increasing gears.

After riding in Tom's SV, it was an easy decision. SV

Thanks, Vboxking, for sharing such an important test drive: very interesting impressions.

ciao

:icon_thumleft: Good Luck If You Choose To Get It!!! It is a scientific masterpiece and definitely a staple in automotive history. It sounds like it is an amazing ride and you will enjoy it a lot.

Car got at least as much attention and maybe even more than my Verde Ithaca Aventador. I was actually really surprised given that its black/matte black.

Isnt that the reason you sold the Aventador? I hope you buy the Veyron, but then we will have to start a poll about how long it will last just like with Allan and the 458. :icon_mrgreen:

Isnt that the reason you sold the Aventador? I hope you buy the Veyron, but then we will have to start a poll about how long it will last just like with Allan and the 458. :icon_mrgreen:

Its just one of the reasons. But yeah, all the attention the Veyron got gives me pause. That and its just a lot of money to have wrapped up in a car.

Unfavorable review or just wanted to move on to other things?

No it was actually a great car, but right now I dont have the space for it. A friend wanted to buy it for what I paid for it, so I sold it to him.

You're right, the comparison should be between the UGR TTA and the Bug, where the TTA takes the cake. :P

Comparison? Come on you guys are smarter than that. Im the biggest Lambo fan in the world but theres no comparison. The Veyron is in a totally different league in all aspects.....its basically a airplane with no wings built to aircraft standards.........and imo Lambo got a little bit too audi ish in their interior department......if i want a A8 console in my car, id just buy a A8. It reeks Audi, not Lambo on the inside......maybe it will look better when some carbon stuff comes out to cover up all the silver plastic.

I drove one up in Seattle a month back. In a straight line, it's insanely quick, never felt that kind of push ever before, but if you are looking for an exotic that sounds like a diesel truck, this is the car to get. Also the gear dilay is really wierd, it goes from right to left in increasing gears.

After riding in Tom's SV, it was an easy decision. SV

You are a goof.