Wife passes on 2013 Viper GTS

g-force

So I place a deposit with woodhouse couple weeks ago thinking that I could

talk the wife into selling her 2009 Audi R8 and replacing it with 2013 Viper GTS.

Well for 2 weeks of telling her how great the leather and all the

interior upgrades are.....just didn't work. She isn't going for it.

Then she says if you want one so bad ...sell you 2012 Audi R8 Spider

(that heffner just put twin turbos on at a hefty price)!!!!That

would be a financial idiot move since car only has 2000 miles on it.

Bottom line cancelled order. You think after being married to the woman 45

years I should have figured her better?

All she really remembers about the 96 GTS (with 200 shot of nitrous).......didn't help

convince her this was the right move!

Sorry to hear bud.

The reality is that most car chicks can only dig the refined sports cars. Very, very few can handle the real beasts. The new GTS looks like a great car.

You'll make it happen one way or another. Downsize her to an S5, she won't know the difference!

I tried the same thing, my wife's 335i was up and she was looking at the new 2012 650i convert or Maserati Gran Turismo convert, I said we could get the new Viper? "sell one of the cars you never drive for the Viper".. :)

I could see why she passed Wayne... the R8 is truly a fantastic car in all aspects!!! Im sure wifey doesnt need a tire shredder burn out king at this point when she has everything she wants in the R8!

Ha, everytime I showed the wife a Viper, Ford GT etc, she laughed at me. Now, she doesnt care about any car but a Bentley or Rolls.

Agreed, the R8 has it all, especially better looks.

A car needs to be RWD before we consider it "having it all". :icon_thumleft:

And I'm told the off the line torque is underwhelming for a car of its power.

Bottom line this is not hating on the R8 but tired of it getting too much praise and the Viper not enough.

Bottom line this is not hating on the R8 but tired of it getting too much praise and the Viper not enough.

Actually I think once she sees it in person ,sits in it and drives it she will come around.

Decades ago she owned a Callway POS so she's not adverse to performance.Her

speed limit is 150 if I go over that she gets unmanagable. She

also refused to be my navigator for the Silverstate run but then a few other guys

I know have passed on that also!

Do women care if it's RWD, they probably rather have AWD because it's safer (or supposedly is). The Audi is a looker which women like.

R8 to Viper isn't an upgrade.... It's a different car. My gf wants a Ford GT- but she hasn't driven one yet. I think the R8 is the best "practical" sports car to have as a DD.

R8 to Viper isn't an upgrade.... It's a different car. My gf wants a Ford GT- but she hasn't driven one yet. I think the R8 is the best "practical" sports car to have as a DD.

quit making sense and taking her side! LOL

The difference between a man and a woman is that most of us would choose the Viper and most of them would choose the R8. My wife is no different.

The difference between a man and a woman is that most of us would choose the Viper and most of them would choose the R8. My wife is no different.

DEAD WRONG. The difference between refined taste and hill billy sensibility.

Agree with MODOMANIAC - have owned an R8... would never consider a Viper. Not even for a second.

DEAD WRONG. The difference between refined taste and hill billy sensibility.

Wife says Viper is mans car....although I know a

few gear banging ladies from my viper club days!

Forget about gender. What is it going to be used for? If she needs a track car then the Viper is the right choice. As a daily driver, I'd go with the R8 too. The Vipers are great performers but crude by comparison (in fit / finish / comfort / amenities).

She sounds like one smart cookie to me :)

And how cool is it that your wife of 45 years (really? WOW - congrats!!) is into cars THAT much! Not many couples are lucky enough to share the passion.

Forget about gender. What is it going to be used for? If she needs a track car then the Viper is the right choice. As a daily driver, I'd go with the R8 too. The Vipers are great performers but crude by comparison (in fit / finish / comfort / amenities).

And how cool is it that your wife of 45 years (really? WOW - congrats!!) is into cars THAT much! Not many couples are lucky enough to share the passion.

Yea I guess........ although see bitches when we do the early morning canyon runs or drives. She has always had Porsche or something sporty.

When she operated a school of dance she even just wrote a check for a 911 herself....I REALLY liked that!

She's a petite little hottie too, Wayne did well trust me... :icon_super:

She's a petite little hottie too, Wayne did well trust me... :icon_super:

thanks Mako... you'll be her favorite LP poster if I decide to let her read this thread? :eusa_think:

Ha, everytime I showed the wife a Viper, Ford GT etc, she laughed at me. Now, she doesnt care about any car but a Bentley or Rolls.

She sounds expensive!

• 3 weeks later...

New viper has a beautiful Italian interior so I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about. It'll destroy a R8 in anything except looks.... then again I haven't seen it in in real life yet so I've got no right to judge. It is a real mans car though so I'm not sure how you would've thought that you could convince your wife to say yes lol.