May be going bye bye soon

kev99sv

Kev I can not believe its been 7 years already. The cars looks as nice in the pics as when you got it. Good luck with the sell.

Thanks Jeff. It is just as nice, just a little older.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha. I hear that. It's impossible to know when the market will turn around. It's possible it won't. The next generation won't respect these cars like the present. Just think what will happen to 60-70 muscle cars as boomers get older and start selling.

Yeah I wish this would happen so LP400's would be 100k or less again

All I can say is:

IMO, they are a great car..so few made....and I just dont see them trading hands often...so I dont think they are dropping in value..at worst "holding" at best keeping up with the cost of living increase...AND where else you going to get a "SUper car" V12 like this for under a 150K..?

I'm interested! It is a stunning example!

I have a 03, 6 speed, Blue Herra in-bound..it is a stunning example...should be to my store by the time I get back early next week from Monterey...

I think the fact that there are five interested parties who want to purchase this car in a 2 page thread say enough about how special this thing is.

Listen to Abolfaz... Put the thing in storage for a bit. Give yourself some time to miss it and in 6 months or a year you will be so glad you don't have that sick feeling in your stomach when you see a picture of the car.

I think the fact that there are five interested parties who want to purchase this car in a 2 page thread say enough about how special this thing is.

Listen to Abolfaz... Put the thing in storage for a bit. Give yourself some time to miss it and in 6 months or a year you will be so glad you don't have that sick feeling in your stomach when you see a picture of the car.

:iamwithstupid: I agree with Robsters, Abolfaz and others. The problem with selling that car is that if you want it back, it WILL be near impossible to replace. How many Monterey Blue SV's have been on the market in the last 10 years? How often have they switched hands? I think the answer is probably, "They dont" (or at least, VERY rarely), and I have no doubt after seeing pictures of your magnificent car, there is a reason for it! ;)

Like others suggested, I would put it in storage for a few months and see how you feel around Christmas. If by then you (after NOT driving it for months), you are still sure its time to let it go, then it is what it is. I would just hate for you to regret selling it a year or two from now, as I fear whoever gets a hold of it next may not let it go!

Just my .02. Of course, if I were in the position to buy it right now, this would have been a completely different message! :icon_mrgreen:

Guest MOSS

I guess I am different than most. Its a car. I have had Monterrey Blue and every other special color diablo and when it was time for a new change of scenery I sold them. No regrets and never looked back. I enjoy the experience and once I am done I am ready for the next.

Beautiful SV, in my favorite color.

Don't you have another SV as well? I may be confusing you with another member, but didn't you recently have a thread about how the SVs were more raw and more of an experience to drive? EDIT: Nevermind I was thinking of Roy's thread: Out with the new in with the old.

When you say you want to go more "new school" what cars are you talking about? The 670/700 may be worthy replacements, but your SV is amazing and would be difficult to replace if you find that you want to get back in to an SV.

I guess I am different than most. Its a car. I have had Monterrey Blue and every other special color diablo and when it was time for a new change of scenery I sold them. No regrets and never looked back. I enjoy the experience and once I am done I am ready for the next.

Billy, you're telling me that you don't regret selling the orange 6.0?

Imo Diablos are the pinnacle of something magical that is very hard to replicate with modern stuff.

Put it away for six months, forgot it completely. Then when your calendar recalls you. Go to see it, warm it up and drive it. After the break you know much better if you want to really part with it or if you were just too accustomed to it earlier...

Guest MOSS
Billy, you're telling me that you don't regret selling the orange 6.0?

Had a couple but I think you are referring to the SP 666. Fantastic one of a kind car but I have 15 cars and that kind of ruins the fun of having one special car.

I would sell all of them just to get 15 different cars. Stuff does not have great meaning to me like people do. Good friends and family. Besides I have never seen

a hearse pulling an enclosed car trailer! :icon_mrgreen: No regrets at all.

This...

Doesn't have to go I just want to move on. Not sure what is next.

Combined with "May be going bye bye soon" indicates to me you don't want to do it.

Far be it for me to tell someone what to do with their possessions, but I think it quite likely you'll regret it if you let her go.

Thanks everyone for their thoughts and input. This is why I enjoy this community so much. Certainly a difficult decision to sell as i really have enjoyed the car immensely over the last 7 years. There is no question It would be very difficult to replace with another no stories 99 Monterey Blue SV since they are few and far between. I prob would enjoy driving it more if I lived in a place like California. But living in the middle of Houston i don't get it out much.

The original title of the threat said "May" because I had someone coming to look at the car that was interested in buying it. However things didn't work out. So, I am going to let the shop finish all the little details I wanted to take care of, bring her home and see if the interested folks are still interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for their thoughts and input. This is why I enjoy this community so much. Certainly a difficult decision to sell as i really have enjoyed the car immensely over the last 7 years. There is no question It would be very difficult to replace with another no stories 99 Monterey Blue SV since they are few and far between. I prob would enjoy driving it more if I lived in a place like California. But living in the middle of Houston i don't get it out much.

The original title of the threat said "May" because I had someone coming to look at the car that was interested in buying it. However things didn't work out. So, I am going to let the shop finish all the little details I wanted to take care of, bring her home and see if the interested folks are still interested.

sell it to Luigi (he needs a blue diablo!...;) )

so you can buy it back someday ;)

Kev, how 'bout an update? What's the status of that gorgeous SV? THX, inquiring minds wanna' know...

Still with me. Was having a few things done at the shop and added a few more things. Ordered some new front tires. As I always seem to do, I have had some second thoughts. So.....I bought a 2013 GTR black edition 2 weeks ago. I am gonna wait to get the SV back from the shop and see how I feel driving it around. For now, I have old school with the Diablo, middle school with the 08 GT2 and new school with the GTR. We'll see.

sell it to Luigi (he needs a blue diablo!...;) )

so you can buy it back someday ;)

Luigi is always low balling me :lol2: . Plus his beautiful VT is gonna be ready to go soon!! What a great guy he is. Hope you guys have fun coming up soon.