Motor Trends BEST Drivers Cars of 2012!!

SV-N-IT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny that he made it clear that ranking the Aventador will bring him hate mail / press. It is a lot of car to handle. Little girls can't take the size and power.

Funny that he made it clear that ranking the Aventador will bring him hate mail / press. It is a lot of car to handle. Little girls can't take the size and power.

i agree on the subaru, the LP is a badass car but it wasnt designed to dominate on a road course.

I'd reserve that comment for Vipers and ZR1s. AWD Lambos do not fit that intimidation category IMHO.

You always have to take magazine comments with a grain of salt, but the dimensions, weight and AWD of the Aventador means it will never quite be a great driving car in the sense that these guys are talking about (the 911 GT3 style experience).

It probably is more enjoyable than most at say six, seven, maybe eight tenths because of it's great power and roadholding, but the last two tenths will expose it's shortcomings in heavy braking and transitions, which is something all heavy cars will struggle with.

Interesting indeed. I don't get how the subaru makes it in.

Top Gear Magazine chose a Toyota GT86 (which is basically the same car as the Subaru) as the Performance Car of the Year 2012.

Interesting indeed. I don't get how the subaru makes it in.

From all the reports I'm hearing it's very well balanced, light with nice steering. Plus it's RWD.

It's a breath of fresh air that somebody is making a car like this even though it has a rather anemic engine.

From all the reports I'm hearing it's very well balanced, light with nice steering. Plus it's RWD.

It's a breath of fresh air that somebody is making a car like this even though it has a rather anemic engine.

Spot on, the downside of that car is the engine I am sure the tuning companies will take care of that :icon_mrgreen:

I like the car, very well balanced, great mods platform, very cheap, it has a lot going for it, on top of everything there is a 6 months waiting list here :shock:

I can't believe the Aventador is 4100 pounds. Thought it was lighter than that. How much did the Murci weigh?

Not a very glowing review...

9th place yet I guarantee that on a nice spring day 99% of them would choose the Aventador or the 12C. I determine the best driver's car based on what I actually want to drive.

My first thought is about just how mind blowing the 991GT3 and 991TT are going to be when they arrive... :shock:

As for Lambo, the flagships have never won competitions like these typically. So for me this is yet another example of how overdue and lamely late the next Gallardo is.

Get your shit together Lambo.

My first thought is about just how mind blowing the 991GT3 and 991TT are going to be when they arrive... :shock:

As for Lambo, the flagships have never won competitions like these typically. So for me this is yet another example of how overdue and lamely late the next Gallardo is.

:iamwithstupid: i cant even imagine the new GT3 and TT!

Pleasantly surprised the McLaren ranked so high. My next car for sure. But arrrghhh! Still have to wait another week before I can drive one!

I've been a fan of the BRZ since it first started leaking.

I know we've know this for some time, but getting rough number is just a kick in the balls.

European-spec version of the big-dog bull -- and weigh it -- and that car weighed 300 pounds less.

That's almost a different car, based on SL logic, going from 4100->3800 should make all euro-spec's SLs.

I guess the Aventador's weight is more of an issue than some were initially willing to let on. Especially considering that the car cooked its brakes after two hot laps.

I was surprised the brakes gave up like that, 2 tons or not. Those things are the size of trashcan lids!

I don't know if it's really that important that the flagship Lambo wins these competitions to begin with....maybe an icing on the cake.

Is someone going to seriously debate that they bought a Countach/Diablo/Murci/Aventador because it was the ultimate driver's car available? LOL.

If they could make an Aventador have the visceral feel of the Diablo, that would be all the car ever needed (imagine how much more amazing a Diablo would be if it performed like an Aventador).

On the flipside you have cars like the 599 GTO and the F12 which HAVE to drive and sound exactly the way they do to compensate for their looks. :icon_thumleft:

ZL1 ahead of LP700? aaaannndd credibility lost.

It's not 1991 anymore. The ZL1 Camaro is a pretty impressive driving car from all accounts compared to say comparing an IROC Z to a Diablo.

Again, I think people are missing the bigger picture here. There is a difference between a "driver's car" and what might be the more exciting car to drive/own.

A 911 GT3 RS is one of the best driver's cars money can buy but it does not sound all that great, is not the fastest car you can own, and is not the best looking car you can own. An Aventador kills it in these 3 areas as it does most if not all the other cars on that list.