iPhone 5!

Robster Craws

Best thing to do. :iamwithstupid:

So if I sell the Razr HD, I'll only get for it what I paid ($250-ish), i.e. being breakeven, right? Then I still have to pay FULL price for the new iPhone? Or will I be able to sell the Razr HD for its full price ($500 or $600)?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I sell the Razr HD, I'll only get for it what I paid ($250-ish), i.e. being breakeven, right? Then I still have to pay FULL price for the new iPhone? Or will I be able to sell the Razr HD for its full price ($500 or $600)?

Check eBay to see what other carrier locked, NIB phones are selling for.

Check eBay to see what other carrier locked, NIB phones are selling for.

ebay --> completed listings. Phones with no contract fetch more $, especially if you unlock it. Be sure to get a popular model so its resell is easy. You will get a little bit more than the contract price if you sell it new online.

Just read that due to overwhelming number of preorders....those of us that preordered on Apple.com will not recieve our iphone 5 until as late as Friday, 10/5 (2 weeks later than original ship/release date).

Those want to wait in line at stores will get theirs on 9/21!!

So to answer your question, I wouldn't hold my breath!

Now those of you preordered from AT&T.com, Verizon, Best Buy, Sams Club, and Radio Shack, I have no idea if you'll get yours on 9/21 or not.

This is all per USAToday two days ago.

Damn! I hope mine comes this friday and not two weeks from now. That would really suck. I ordered mine like 30 minutes after midnight so hopefully that helps

Damn! I hope mine comes this friday and not two weeks from now. That would really suck. I ordered mine like 30 minutes after midnight so hopefully that helps

Word is if you get it Friday you should have already received a shipping confirmation. However, Apple is know to ship out some orders next day, so you'll know for sure Thursday.

Thanks AceV, I want to learn about shares, are you in the business ?

I buy enough Apple products to keep them afloat :icon_mrgreen:

I am (although quite early in my career).

I was thinking to buy about 1500 but not knowing anything about shares might be a bit of a risk, also I am the type of person that always invests long term, not sure if long term this will be good or not, I also looked at the dividends they are a touch over $10/share/annum, not enough for a long term investment, I have to get my head around it.I will find someone to teach me, I've been reading the posts on LP trying to educate myself but I don't get half the lingo :icon_mrgreen: I am looking forward to learning something new.

I'd be more than happy assist where I can. Feel free to shoot me a pm!

I am (although quite early in my career).

I'd be more than happy assist where I can. Feel free to shoot me a pm!

Great, I will be away for few weeks, I will PM you when I come back.

Once I get my iPhone 5 can I take my AT&T 4S and get it unlocked? I'd like to use it for my Spanish carrier.

If your 4s is out of contract att will unlock it for free. All you have to do actually is call them or email them to get it done.

● A current AT&T customer or a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account

● The iPhone was designed for use on AT&T's network

● All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied

● The iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

If your 4s is out of contract att will unlock it for free. All you have to do actually is call them or email them to get it done.

● A current AT&T customer or a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account

● The iPhone was designed for use on AT&T's network

● All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied

● The iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Well it was under contract, but I just did the early upgrade (iPhone 5 contract price + $250 + renew 2 year contract), so I would think that puts my 4S out of contract.

Well it was under contract, but I just did the early upgrade (iPhone 5 contract price + $250 + renew 2 year contract), so I would think that puts my 4S out of contract.

I've read calling them directly usually works much better than trying the email request system.

Once I get my iPhone 5 can I take my AT&T 4S and get it unlocked? I'd like to use it for my Spanish carrier.

Have you tried inserting a Spanish sim in your 4S? I bought a 4 when I lived in Italy so that I had an unlocked phone. It broke while I was back in the states visiting, so I went to the Apple Store and told them it was an Italian phone and if they were going to replace it I needed a phone that was unlocked. The guy there told me that it was not supposed to be public knowledge but all late production iphone 4 and newer (4S) that were GSM capable were unlocked now. I was skeptical but they replaced my phone here in the states and it was unlocked and accepted my Italian sim when I went back to Italy. So it may work already. I also inserted a T-mobile sim and it works as well.

Have you tried inserting a Spanish sim in your 4S? I bought a 4 when I lived in Italy so that I had an unlocked phone. It broke while I was back in the states visiting, so I went to the Apple Store and told them it was an Italian phone and if they were going to replace it I needed a phone that was unlocked. The guy there told me that it was not supposed to be public knowledge but all late production iphone 4 and newer (4S) that were GSM capable were unlocked now. I was skeptical but they replaced my phone here in the states and it was unlocked and accepted my Italian sim when I went back to Italy. So it may work already. I also inserted a T-mobile sim and it works as well.

Didn't know that. Will give it a try.

Ok which one of you will sleep in front of the Apple store? Come clean :lol2:

I stood in line for I think over eight hours for the iPhone 4. It was an interesting experience and I will never do it again!

I stood in line for I think over eight hours for the iPhone 4. It was an interesting experience and I will never do it again!

WOW. Only phone I lined up for was the original iphone. by lined up, i mean I paid a guy to stand in line for me.

Hmmmm . . . Strategery! But buying a Razr HD with the discount will likely be around $250. I could sell it for the same, I presume, and an unsubsidized iPhone 5 is what, $500, $600?

You can sell the phones for a lot more. If its brand new in the box you will get the most money. The newer the phone the more people will want it and be willing to pay for it. Here is an example... http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Motorola-Droid-Raz...op=16&_sc=1

So if you buy the razr for $200, then sell it for $500 on ebay, and then buy the iphone for $649, your total cost is $349.

8 hours :icon_eek:

8 hours :icon_eek:

I was there with some friends, it was an interesting experience. After the initial three or so - I kept saying "well, give it another hour or so and if I don't make it to the door - screw it..." After a few of those I finally was told "you're getting a phone" and didn't want to scrap all that time I stood around... Trust me, we all (in my group) felt like idiots.