iPhone 5!

Robster Craws

The only thing which sucks is the batterie life any other way the phone is perfect.

It could also be that I am using it for a lot more tasks I used to, I will just have to charge it more often.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently I am using the ipad 2 and its great but I am not much fan of apple products. I like more the Samsung Galaxy SIII then I phone 5. My friend buy that and he is happy with it I used it too but don't like it. I suggest if you have anyother product of apple then please don't buy because its the same as I have i pad 2.

• 4 weeks later...
They will if they lose market share...

The adaptor isnt going to work with a lot of that shit that CRADLES the phone.... Its going to be clunky and added on (And Ive been using an adapter to connect mini USB to APPLE and let me say, adapters suck.... They just cant take the day to day abuse of being plugged in and out and manhandled....) and these apple folks are all about haveing their shit LOOK cool... and a condom between your phone and your player aint cool....

BTW... .What are they doing in Europe? Europe has mandated the mini USB on all phones... Free adapters?

I love my 4s.... GREAT phone.... But apple's bullshit like this REALLY gets under my skin.... Me... Id short the fcuking stock, because a company can only play these games a few times before customers walk. And once they walk, they never come back.

JUST having their own INTERFACE is reason enough to HATE THEM.... Then they change it every few years just to be dicks? fcuk that shit...

Apple was at 690.79 when I posted this...

Currently trading at 453. 35% drop.

Are you ready to buy yet?

In the long run, this is a good time I believe. It may slide a little more but not possible sink another 35% from here. The upside looks better to me than the downside.

Apple was at 690.79 when I posted this...

Currently trading at 453. 35% drop.

Great, that goes to show I know ZERO about stock and that I should always stay the hell away and continue to listen to my gut feeling, I was contemplating investing 7 figures but in the end after much debate and since they don't make it any more I decided to get more dirt.

RD simply out of curiosity and self education, what made you think it will go down and do you think it will go up again?

Are you ready to buy yet?

In the long run, this is a good time I believe. It may slide a little more but not possible sink another 35% from here. The upside looks better to me than the downside.

My M-I-L owns it... buys in the 300s 400s 500s and 600s told her to dump it at 700... She never sells anything, so I assume she still has it. Would I tell her to buy here? no. Id hold it if you have it, especially if youre upside down, but I wouldnt buy yet. They need to show that the company exists beyond Steve Jobs...

And that connector still pisses me off.

Great, that goes to show I know ZERO about stock and that I should always stay the hell away and continue to listen to my gut feeling, I was contemplating investing 7 figures but in the end after much debate and since they don't make it any more I decided to get more dirt.

RD simply out of curiosity and self education, what made you think it will go down and do you think it will go up again?

Why are they down? They missed estimates. Why did they miss estimates? iPhone 5 did well... But it didnt do as well as people anticipated.

Analysts will tell you there is more competition from cheaper phones now... But thats not it.

Im not a tech junkie. Im not a fanboy or a basher... I dont have to have the latest and greatest... I want the BEST for my MONEY. In that sense I have an "average consumer" mentality that you wont find on he internet... The average consumer buys a phone because they like the features.... Not because they need it to be cool... The average consumer buys a phone and uses it... They dont post about it on the internet... The only people who post about tech gadgets on the internet are people who are not very average.

And I, as an average consumer, who had anticipated the iphone 5 for months, was very disappointed by it.... And didnt buy one. I didnt buy anything else instead... I just kept my old phone... And I think I represent millions of other people... That plug issue really pisses me off. The more I think about it, the more insulted I am by it... Its a PT Barnum, sucker born every minute insult.

Will it come back? They have to cut out all the too cute by half bullshit and come to the table with something really extraordinary.... If they dont, they are RIM.

Why are they down? They missed estimates. Why did they miss estimates? iPhone 5 did well... But it didnt do as well as people anticipated.

Analysts will tell you there is more competition from cheaper phones now... But thats not it.

Im not a tech junkie. Im not a fanboy or a basher... I dont have to have the latest and greatest... I want the BEST for my MONEY. In that sense I have an "average consumer" mentality that you wont find on he internet... The average consumer buys a phone because they like the features.... Not because they need it to be cool... The average consumer buys a phone and uses it... They dont post about it on the internet... The only people who post about tech gadgets on the internet are people who are not very average.

And I, as an average consumer, who had anticipated the iphone 5 for months, was very disappointed by it.... And didnt buy one. I didnt buy anything else instead... I just kept my old phone... And I think I represent millions of other people... That plug issue really pisses me off. The more I think about it, the more insulted I am by it... Its a PT Barnum, sucker born every minute insult.

Will it come back? They have to cut out all the too cute by half bullshit and come to the table with something really extraordinary.... If they dont, they are RIM.

:iamwithstupid:

They've been bankrupt from an innovation standpoint for a long time and it's finally starting to show in both the numbers and to techies.

And not just them to be fair, it's everyone, from Samsung on down.

The smartphone has reached 90%, or more, of what it will ever be able to do within the next decade (at least) and there just aren't many roads left to explore that wind up in "gotta have it" mega-sales as the first few generations of iPhones/iPads drove.

I mentioned this last year, that eventually you run out of shockingly cool hardware breakthroughs to market, and it's clear that their version of "innovation" now is simply smaller/faster/lighter...and that's not enough of a competitive advantage to keep Samsung and others from eating their pie, or to sustain unlimited growth of the market as a whole.

Jobs dying was just a coincidence, and not the cause of the dearth of new ideas, it's simply exhausting a possible technology in a short period of time.

Still, with $137B literally sitting in their bank vault to spend on acquisitions it's tough to bet against them.

fcuk, think about that, 137 BILLLLLLLLLION dollars in cash is really incredible when you wrap your head around it. Insane.

All very good points, you hit the nail on the head with your description of the type of consumer you are and how that influences your decision making process, definitely wrong to make a business decision from a fanboy standpoint. :icon_mrgreen:

Now on the plug issue, the new plug is 1000 times better than the outgoing one for the simple fact that no matter how you hold it you will always be able to plug it in from the first go, 90% of my time spent on the net is on an iPad, it always takes me at least two goes to plug the damn thing in, it's so frustrating.

Having used the iPhone 5 for many months now and being a very heavy mobile phone user I can say the phone is absolutely brilliant, the only PITA is the batterie life.

I think one thing the iPhone has going for it is app quality. I think in general the apps on the App Store are more polished/better than similar apps on Google Play. It is much easier for us developers when we can focus on only a few screen sizes/devices and know exactly what hardware we are working with to make sure the apps perform the best they can versus Android where there are all sorts of different screen sizes, memory configurations, cpu speeds, etc.

They make a fine product (or products), and there's certainly nothing *wrong* with the iPhone 5. It's just not interesting/desirable enough in the eyes of a whole lot of people, including me. I'm up for a new phone/contract with Verizon, and have been for a couple months now. If the iPhone 5 had looked interesting enough to me I would have gotten that, but instead I'd rather wait for the Samsung Galaxy S4, which is due shortly.

I think they've gotten a liiiiittle cocky, resting on their laurels and taking advantage of the fact that, for a while, they did just fine by being a half-step *behind* the competition when it came to the latest technology and features, but being able to execute what they did put out there very well in the form of a smooth, reliable product. Now Samsung and others are keeping their half-step technology/feature advantage, it seems, yet THEY'RE now executing just as well as Apple, putting out really well-sorted-out, super-high quality products as well.

And the cockiness of saying, "We know what screen size is best, because this precise size fits the hand best, and thus we're offering only this," is pure stupidity. My hand is clearly bigger than yours, Steve/Tim. I see that big, gorgeous, bright HD screen of the Galaxy S3 next to that skinny little iPhone and there is just no way I'm buying the iPhone. Plenty of people do, and are happy with them, but there's at least as strong a contingent that thinks as I do. I can't tell you how many friends/co-workers I've talked to who were talking about both and said, "That new Galaxy S3 is just awesome!" Apple should have made two sizes of that damn iPhone. Maybe they will going forward.

And size is just but one of the issues I could point to. They need to step up their game all around.

agree with everyone's assessment here.

i also believe apple needs another killer product. there has been no new product for a number of years. if apple continues re-hashing the same iphone and ipad theme, it is in trouble.

youtube, amazon, netflix, apple need to move forward with a TV solution. no one like their cable company so custom tv programming not only makes sense but will be profitable.

i also believe apple needs another killer product. there has been no new product for a number of years. if apple continues re-hashing the same iphone and ipad theme, it is in trouble.

youtube, amazon, netflix, apple need to move forward with a TV solution. no one like their cable company so custom tv programming not only makes sense but will be profitable.

This!

TV should be their next step.

Apple TV exists and sounds like what you are referring to.

That's what I have been saying all along. Apple WILL fall, and fall HARD, when? I don't know, but like I said previously in this thread, it's doomed to happen.

It's impossible to know WHEN people will turn around this Apple trend, that's when you will get the big hit. Their products have been outdated now for a LONG ass time, but as long as consumers are buying their over priced products at the rate they are you can't be sure WHEN this trend will turn.

Like I said previously, I wouldn't short it as the sheep/I don't know any better/I don't want to try new smart phones as my iPhone works mentality is still there but when this turns (and this could happen pretty fast once it happens), they are FUCKED. Their profit margins will collapse. But then again I have been saying this since the price was way below what the stock is priced now, so again, why I don't recommend a short. Just stay the F away from Apple if you want to put your money in the stock market :D

That's what I have been saying all along. Apple WILL fall, and fall HARD, when? I don't know, but like I said previously in this thread, it's doomed to happen.

It's impossible to know WHEN people will turn around this Apple trend, that's when you will get the big hit. Their products have been outdated now for a LONG ass time, but as long as consumers are buying their over priced products at the rate they are you can't be sure WHEN this trend will turn.

Like I said previously, I wouldn't short it as the sheep/I don't know any better/I don't want to try new smart phones as my iPhone works mentality is still there but when this turns (and this could happen pretty fast once it happens), they are FUCKED. Their profit margins will collapse. But then again I have been saying this since the price was way below what the stock is priced now, so again, why I don't recommend a short. Just stay the F away from Apple if you want to put your money in the stock market :D

The demise of apple has been predicted at least five times in my lifetime... And each time the patient comes roaring back... Dont count them out yet, but they need to continue to innovate to stay on top....

First thing they can do? Put cell phone capabilities in the IPADs.... That would be a game changer I think. I know, nobody under 30 uses the cell phone to make calls... There are a shitload of us over 30 who do.

2. Pick a cable and stick to it.

3. Replace Tim Cook with somebody with Jobs vision.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a new software update today claiming that it will improve batterie life, mine is dead by lunch time, granted I am always on the phone but based on a similar usage the iPhone 4 batterie lasted me the whole day.

There was a new software update today claiming that it will improve batterie life, mine is dead by lunch time, granted I am always on the phone but based on a similar usage the iPhone 4 batterie lasted me the whole day.

About iOS 6.1.2 Software Update

Fixes an Exchange calendar bug that could result in increased network activity and reduced battery life

word on the web is that the update will only help if you have an exchange calendar.

They had best keep their eye on the ball. I watched an old interview from '95 on Netflix streaming with Steve Jobs. Highly recommend everyone watch it. FANTASTIC insight into the future and a brilliant mind talking about business and startups. Great advice for anyone, even if you're not in tech.