D.Wiggs LP2000-2 SV TT

Vahid

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the people putting sh*t on David I think they have missed some very important points!

He is clearly a student of history and is replicating the debut of the 350GTV which, if you recall, Ferrucio had pushed out to the waiting crowd of journalists with a pallet of tiles in the engine bay!

I am assuming that David hopes for his company to follow the same meteoric rise as Lambo!!

I say good luck to him if he can make it happen..

John

We did an SV because that was the 'pinnacle' of Murcis. It was supposed to be the best for it was the final variant. We wanted to show just how much farther that platform could be taken. And we especially did since so many people mistakenly put low limits on the car.

But it's not an SV anymore, so who cares? You could have saved $150K by using a beat up 640 since they are no different.

Dick why do you care? Its his money, if he wanted to work with a 670 that is his choice.

Exactly what I was thinking. The fact that it's a 670 just makes the project that much more awesome!

Also, there is nothing you can do to a Murcie SV to make it not an SV. That comment is ridiculous and thus predictable.

Best

Also, there is nothing you can do to a Murcie SV to make it not an SV. That comment is ridiculous and thus predictable.

Best

Well, you could gut it and change everything about it. That's a start. In the highly improbable case in which SV's are desired and valuable in 10 years, lets see how this one compares to a stock one come auction time.

He's free to do what he wants with his money, but you can't pretend that it's not dumb to start with a good condition SV instead of a beat up 640 if you're going to replace 90% of it with your own custom stuff.

Well, you could gut it and change everything about it. That's a start. In the highly improbable case in which SV's are desired and valuable in 10 years, lets see how this one compares to a stock one come auction time.

He's free to do what he wants with his money, but you can't pretend that it's not dumb to start with a good condition SV instead of a beat up 640 if you're going to replace 90% of it with your own custom stuff.

Why does it matter?

lets say he wants to use all OEM body panels to make his 640 look like an SV what do you think that cost will be? Right there alone makes it worth wild to start with an SV. Who cares about 10 years from now, he is living today, not sure where any of us will be in 10 years

lets say he wants to use all OEM body panels to make his 640 look like an SV what do you think that cost will be? Right there alone makes it worth wild to start with an SV. Who cares about 10 years from now, he is living today, not sure where any of us will be in 10 years

Why in the world would he want to use all OEM body panels if everything else on the car is non-OEM? Heck, just re-do the body in CF in it's entirety.

Yeah, let's see some numbers before we start talking, feels like he has pushed the unveiling of the car 100000 times and now it can't start up for some bs reason? Does not make a good impression on future customers, especially on this forum, where there are alot of potential customers... just my opinion

And he says they changed chassis or whatever, exacly what did you modify? why?

I would have to disagree with you DICK. So DICK, if you had all the money in the World and u wanted to make the fastest, baddest Murcie why in the World would I start with a beater 640. I would start with the best Murcie...only makes sense to me. You already have the right body parts for aero (if you were to take a 640 and do the 670 SV conversion it would cost you $40k with parts, labor, and paint - just for the body). Then move to the interior for seats, interior carbon door parts, etc...you would be CRAZY not to start on the best Murcie that already exists. Some people just do not see the light and you are obviously one of them.

While I personally wouldn't want to hack up a 670, it certainly makes a statement and has people talking. Isn't publicity what you really want? The cost difference has probably already been recouped in marketing value.

As far as the body kit goes, no way that rear wing is going to be doing good things for top speed.

I agree with everyone else, its his money, he can do whatever he wants with it. :read: Why some people are criticizing him for starting with the BEST OF THE PLATFORM and trying to make it even better is beyond me. I personally think its BAD ASSS that he took one of the most wicked cars on the planet and is trying to do what he is with it. :icon_super: Regardless of whether or not the numbers are off from what he is shooting for, it is still a TT white on black SV! He could install dog shiit on the roof and that car would still be out of this world!

Looking forward to seeing it completed David!

But you are starting with the best of the platform.

Then removing everything that makes it the best of its platform and adding other stuff in...

It didn't need to be a SV but it is now and it is done.

But you are starting with the best of the platform.

Then removing everything that makes it the best of its platform and adding other stuff in...

It didn't need to be a SV but it is now and it is done.

He didn't remove everything. It clearly still looks like an SV now.

He didn't remove everything. It clearly still looks like an SV now.

Engine

• Custom Carrillo Rods

• Custom CP Pistons (9:1 Compression)

• Custom Advanced Sleeves (.050 great than original OD & .5mm greater ID)

o Ductile Iron & Thicker at the top

o Ringed Sleeves with Head receiver grooves

• Copper Head Gaskets

• A1 Tech Head Studs/Main Girdle Studs

• Tri Metal Bearings

• Polished & Balanced Crank

• CNC Milled Coolant Floor & Sleeve Bones

• Added 16 dowels (8 3/8” per Head, 8 ½” to the crank case)

• CNC Ported Intake & Exhaust Parts

• Polished Combustion Chamber & Lower Intake Plenums

• Custom Machined/Designed Upper Plenums from a Solid Black of Aluminum

• 102mm Billet DBW Throttle Bodies

• Ferrea Springs & Valve Springs

• Custom Machined Valve Spring Seats & Retainers

• Reburned Oil Passages

• Relocated Oil Filter

• 321 Stainless 3” Turbo Feed Pipes

• Custom Header 2-1 Pipes

Fuel System

• Aeromotive 1151 Mechanical Fuel Pump

• Back Purge Electric for Priming

• Twin Entry Stainless Piping

o #8 Per Rail

o #8 Return

• 2200cc FIC EV14 Injectors

• Aeromotive Regulator

• Aeroquip Line

Transmission

• Post Processing from Liberty Gear (Hardened & Cryo Treated)

o Same Treatment for Rear Differential

• Custom Clutch (Twin Disc)

Turbo System

• 2 GTX4294 Turbos

o Stainless V-Band Housing

• 5” Intakes

• 3 ½” Hot Side Charge Pipes

• 4” Cold Side Charge Pipes (the ones that people got their panties in a bunch about)

• 18” x 7” x 12” Bell Air to Water Core w/ Directional Velocity Stacks, AND Veins

• Remote Twin Heat Exchanger Cores

o Front Mounted

• 55 GPM Pump

• Titanium Exhaust Straight Off Turbos

Chassis

• 6-Point Cage

o 1 ¾” x 0.120” Wall 4130

• Stiffened Lower Engine Mounts

• Gusseted Lower A-Arm to Chassis

• Solid Engine Mounts

• Solid Transmission Mounts

• Transmission Nose Braket

• Bell Housing Stiffening Mounts to Lower Chassis

• Solid Differential Mount

Electronics

• KEYLESS, PUSH-BUTTON Start/Stop

o Aventador Start/Stop Button

• Custom Gauge Cluster

o 330MPH Speedo

o 10,000RPM Tach

o Custom Badging

o CTD Diamond Illuminates on Dash

• Custom Sound System

o Kenwood 7990 Head Unit

o Front & Rear Camera

o Focal Components, Crossover, & Sub (Yellow is their signature color)

o JL Digital Amplifier (Inside Dash)

o Custom Carbon Fiber Sub Enclosure

Carbon Fiber

• Custom Matte Carbon from MA Carbon

o Side View Mirrors

o Gas Cap

• Custom Gloss Carbon from MA Carbon

o Custom LP2000-2SVTT Shift Puck

o Seat Belt Buckles, Housing, Covers

o Air Vents

• Custom Sheet Carbon for Back Wall and Other Interior Pieces

wiggles.JPG

tumblr_m8a1b24Eub1qbdenwo2_500.jpg

If D.Wiggs pulls it off and achieves all his claims this whole fiasco will greatly work in his favor, if he doesn't the ridicule will not only continue it will intensify, I honestly for his sake I would hate to see this happening.

I HOPE he will achieve all his goals, he's a good guy, he's having a go, it's his money he can do whatever he want's with it.

I guess burning $$$ this way it's far more enjoyable and rewarding than buying $50k mattresses :icon_mrgreen:

I wish him all the success despite a start so rocky it should hence forth be known in the marketing world as "the quarry". But that's what makes this fun, a challenge, and internetz pop corn crunching worthy.

After reading the rather lengthy list of re-fitting, the one item of note that seems to be missing is a fire suppression system. My fear is that 1) it kills itself in a fiery suicidal fit attempting to exorcize its inner demons, and 2) mistakes itself for a an actual stealth plane upon crossing the 200 something mph barrier. Fire is a by product of both. Honestly, I think the worst thing that could potentially happen is this thing actually making 2000 hp. Then what happens?

A drag race'n Murci ain't my cup 'o tea but if he buys the last ever produced SV, has it crushed, and turned into a coffee table, well, I suppose that's his right.