D.Wiggs LP2000-2 SV TT

Vahid

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you planning on getting rid of the original exhaust?

Do you mean OEM? If so, no. We have something special planned there. :)

Do you mean OEM? If so, no. We have something special planned there. :)

Interested to see...I'm guessing it will have something to do with fire.

David, you guys have obviously put some serious time and effort into this project, and it has real potential! You are trying to make a statement and become a leader of tuning - it is a very admiral ambition and you seem close to achieving at least most of the goals you have set out for! But for the love of GOD make the presentation as kickass as your product (will eventually be)! NO COMPROMISE!

Here is some training material: :icon_mrgreen:

I hope it gets up and running soon and you lay down some sick numbers.

Thanks!!!

For now, eye candy...

Dave, good to see you in the thread.

Out of curiosity, how come you chose the SV as a showcase instead of just pulling the trigger on an LP700 and doing the package to that instead?

I ask from a pure marketing standpoint, because the demand is likely higher in that segment of buyer versus the typical pre-owned Murcie buyer at this point.

That's the formula that Novitec and others follow, basically rushing packages out on the newest models as quickly as they can, because they know from experience that's where the demand is worldwide.

Dave, good to see you in the thread.

Out of curiosity, how come you chose the SV as a showcase instead of just pulling the trigger on an LP700 and doing the package to that instead?

I ask because from a pure marketing standpoint, because the demand is likely higher in that segment of buyer versus the typical pre-owned Murcie buyer at this point.

That's the formula that Novitec and others follow, basically rushing packages out on the newest models as they know that's where the demand is worldwide.

Thanks Mako.

To answer your questions, a couple reasons. (1), I prefer the SV to the Aventador. Since this was my car, I wanted to do the SV. I think it's just better than the current base Aventador (2), We already have a few Aventadors lined up for similar builds. And (3), we have something far more unique and 'out-there' for my Aventador Roadster that has never been even attempted. :icon_mrgreen:

We don't weld carbon............................yet :icon_mrgreen:

Since this was my car, I wanted to do the SV. I think it's just better than the current base Aventador

:eusa_think:

:eusa_think:

I realize that engineering is obviously lost on you, but please tell me sarcasm isn't too! :lol2:

The Aventador, in base form, is far more Audi than I care for. The SV is far more raw than the Avy; and I'm far from the only person to think that.

I realize that engineering is obviously lost on you, but please tell me sarcasm isn't too! :lol2:

The Aventador, in base form, is far more Audi than I care for. The SV is far more raw than the Avy; and I'm far from the only person to think that.

Raw I'll buy, but a better engineered car it is not. (I actually am an engineer :eusa_dance:)

I'll give you the benefit of doubt on the welding carbon comment :bleh:

Raw I'll buy, but a better engineered car it is not. (I actually am an engineer :eusa_dance:)

I'll give you the benefit of doubt on the welding carbon comment :bleh:

Glad you realized it was sarcasm!

Please explain how there has ever been a better engineered TT setup. Or even one in the same league. Given the intercooler, w/g, bov, and intake placement on what's out there alone, it's so far ahead.

And just because it's a cool picture, we have Nito getting ready to tow a plane! :lol2:

Gald to see you showed up David. If nothing else, it shows you are no coward. Good luck with the build completion! I hope it works out. It's refreshing to see somebody follow a dream to fruition.

Gald to see you showed up David. If nothing else, it shows you are no coward. Good luck with the build completion! I hope it works out. It's refreshing to see somebody follow a dream to fruition.

Thanks John. I appreciate the kind words.

I love the fact that people hate and disbelieve. Just makes the end all the more satisfactory. And if I let people's opinions limit what I did, or even tried to do, I would not have "Multi-Lambo Owner" below my Avatar! :icon_mrgreen:

P.S. Did I squish your car with Nito by accident?

Glad you realized it was sarcasm!

Please explain how there has ever been a better engineered TT setup. Or even one in the same league. Given the intercooler, w/g, bov, and intake placement on what's out there alone, it's so far ahead.

At this point any tt setup that starts and runs is better :lol2:

At this point any tt setup that starts and runs is better :lol2:

Better performing, not better engineered. :icon_mrgreen:

Although, with Allan pushing as well...:lol2:

Interesting combo of parts there D.

No concern about the stock crank at that hp and rpm? Vipers are the only cars I know of approaching 2k on a stock crank, at a much lower rpm, and that damn thing weighs 100 lbs lol.

That's a Shit ton of fuel injector! Any concerns with idle and low speed control?

I'm shocked at the size of the turbos! I thought those maxed out right around 95lb/min airfw on the compressor? Huge hot sides will help, but I fear you might run out of turbo and be way out of the efficiency map. 4780's will get there a lot easier and with some tweaks the spooling won't be awful. Wait a bit and you'll see some wild new turbo tech hit the streets.

Great to see you in the thread D.Wiggs, I still think you killed a nice SV in my favorite color and for that I will never forgive you :icon_mrgreen:

Good Luck with the project, I know zero about engineering but I like shiny objects and those plenums machined out of one solid block of alloy look supercool, I would love to have one as paper weight on my desk :icon_mrgreen:

Last thing was the speech. There is valid criticism there. I was fcuking fried. We put in 120 hours Monday through Saturday. You do the math there. I was in no condition to say what my name was let alone give a presentation and it showed. It is what it is. There was no way we weren’t going to show up when we said we would.

The car will speak for itself when it fires shortly (keylessly no less! ) and then goes on to do dyno runs. The fact is there is no Murci, or any other Lamborghini outside of a race team that even comes close to the level of precision engineering, R&D, and revolutionary design of this car. Period.

Below is just a brief description of a few of the components that have been changed, modified, redesigned, etc. As you can see, no matter what state I (or anyone other than my lead engineer) was in, I wasn’t going to remember all of this. Enjoy!

Trust me I understand, before an important speech you can prepare all you want, But when the time finally comes, its like everything you planned on saying is forgotten, and you just go with the flow.

What does the SV weigh in stock trim?

Do you have anymore details about the engine work or pictures? Are you doing any port work or cams?

PS - Not hating, just genuinely interested.

A stock Murci weighs just under 4200 pounds. Stig, WITH all the extras added (stereo, cage, HUGE turbo system)and 0 fuel...

And an Aventador with 1/10th of a tank, for comparison, weighs...

Uh... I may be completely off base here, however, from what I understand the curb weight on a factory SV is 3450lbs...