09 GTR FOR $60K GOOD DEAL?

megachad

Guys,

Any input would be nice.

Black 2009 gtr with 13000 miles for $60k.. Is it a good deal?

Thanks

Not bad on mileage, but what condition is the car in? Was it modded then put back to appear "stock"? How was it maintained? Too many variables missing from your first post. What's the owners driver's profile like? Are there youtube clips of the car doing launch-control 0-60's, etc. etc.

Do a little more research and let us know. The more information you have the better responses you'll get. Good luck!

Isnt GBGallardo selling one of his GTR's for about that price range? The Blue one?

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
Guys,

Any input would be nice.

Black 2009 gtr with 13000 miles for $60k.. Is it a good deal?

Thanks

Sounds great......

Brian-

MSRP was in the upper $70's.

They hold value well due to the bang for the buck and cult following.

Brian-

MSRP was in the upper $70's.

They hold value well due to the bang for the buck and cult following.

MSRP on the first '09's was 69,995, but they were so hot Nissan raised it to 79,995 within a few months. I don't remember exactly how long or how many cars were sold with the lower MSRP, but the people who got the first ones at 70k made some money if the flipped them, even after a year or two.

MSRP on the first '09's was 69,995, but they were so hot Nissan raised it to 79,995 within a few months. I don't remember exactly how long or how many cars were sold with the lower MSRP, but the people who got the first ones at 70k made some money if the flipped them, even after a year or two.

Would have been great to pick one up for $69k back then. Could have driven it for 3 years and sold it for $65,000

Would have been great to pick one up for $69k back then. Could have driven it for 3 years and sold it for $65,000

Exactly.

$60k is a fair deal...There really are no major mechanical changes between 2009, and 2013. If you do the same mods to a 2009 as a 2013, you'll make the same power.

Suspension and some minor cosmetic mods on the 2011's and up make it more compliant around town.

If you get it, do K&N's, Cobb (custom tune) with LC4/5, downpipes, catted midpipe, and you'll be in the 10's easy...

Still love my GTR. It's a great daily car.

Its not the same price range, its 68,500 BIN

The BIN is 68.5k on the one I posted, the opening bid is $60,000 (reserve not met). If the reserve is priced roughly midway between the Buy it now and the opening bid (figure around $64,000), than IMO that is very much the same "range" as the one the OP is looking at. (especially given its the same year with very similar miles, and looks to be clean as well). :)

The BIN is 68.5k on the one I posted, the opening bid is $60,000 (reserve not met). If the reserve is priced roughly midway between the Buy it now and the opening bid (figure around $64,000), than IMO that is very much the same "range" as the one the OP is looking at. (especially given its the same year with very similar miles, and looks to be clean as well). :)

I disagree, the reserve is likely higher than 64k, and the difference between wholesale and retail on the 09 GTRs is only about 4 to 5k. So 60k is more like a wholesale number and 65k a retail one. These cars are just cheap so 5k doesnt seem like much but its a big % of the price. To put it another way. I wouldnt say a car priced for 195k is in the same range as a car priced at 180k. :)

I disagree, the reserve is likely higher than 64k, and the difference between wholesale and retail on the 09 GTRs is only about 4 to 5k. So 60k is more like a wholesale number and 65k a retail one. These cars are just cheap so 5k doesnt seem like much but its a big % of the price. To put it another way. I wouldnt say a car priced for 195k is in the same range as a car priced at 180k. :)

Ahhh understood. :)