Best story Ive read all day

Roman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More than that, it seems like a lot of work for zero return.... Nobody gets paid to go out and tag stuff... Nobody gets laid for doing it... Whats the fcuking pay-off? I can see if youre 12 years old, and sitting at your desk, and youre bored and you realize "shit... I just wrote my name on my desk".... But at 19, you spend a shitload of money you dont have on paint; you get up in the middle of the fcuking night; go out into the cold, when you could be at home, warm, in bed SLEEPING; risk getting arrested or killed; to go write a bunch of shit nobody can read on a bunch of other shit you dont own?

What the fcuk is wrong with you?

If you have all that free time and energy, you need to GET A fcuking JOB!

And this is a serious question... If anybody can explain why so many inner city shitbags do this, I would love an explanation.... What is the fcuking payoff?

Amen, I own a little plaza and it gets tagged all the time, they even tag the glass by scraping it URGHH! I also never understood why these guys from urban areas want to shit where they live.

Amen, I own a little plaza and it gets tagged all the time, they even tag the glass by scraping it URGHH! I also never understood why these guys from urban areas want to shit where they live.

Same reason why guys roll around in Phantoms....... Ego!

Same reason why guys roll around in Phantoms....... Ego!

But its anonymous!!!!

More than that, it seems like a lot of work for zero return.... Nobody gets paid to go out and tag stuff... Nobody gets laid for doing it... Whats the fcuking pay-off? I can see if youre 12 years old, and sitting at your desk, and youre bored and you realize "shit... I just wrote my name on my desk".... But at 19, you spend a shitload of money you dont have on paint; you get up in the middle of the fcuking night; go out into the cold, when you could be at home, warm, in bed SLEEPING; risk getting arrested or killed; to go write a bunch of shit nobody can read on a bunch of other shit you dont own?

What the fcuk is wrong with you?

If you have all that free time and energy, you need to GET A fcuking JOB!

And this is a serious question... If anybody can explain why so many inner city shitbags do this, I would love an explanation.... What is the fcuking payoff?

street cred yo, plus bonus...huffing! WINNA.

I live a few miles from downtown so we have a bunch of graffiti around. Most of it appears to be from 15 year old hacks with no artistic ability what so ever. I like some of the more intricate, colorful stuff... in an appropriate place.

I've heard one reason to spray graffiti is to mark territory.

Some of the more artistic ones do it because they love the medium of working on buildings. We have a TON of it around Detroit, and some of it is truly breathtaking. It's urban art, some people use canvas some people use buildings. The anonymous factor i believe boils down to a myth, where they live through their art, it's who they are at the core, so they display that instead of their name.

I don't agree or condone it illegally, that's just dumb, but it is an art form and there are many talent people out there who do incredible things in the field.

But its anonymous!!!!

Haha, well in that game everyone knows you by your name. It's like saying Trump, you put that on the side of a massive building.... you know who that is, same applies here.

some of these guys..... the real OG artists like Risk, Revok, Cope, Retna, Saber, Og Abel etc have turned into massive artists making significant incomes. Now they mostly display in galleries or are commissioned to do massive murals on buildings, houses, companies, properties etc. but they all started as street graff artists. You even have some guys like Banksy who is making millions on his gallery pieces... Crazyness

But I completely agree, bullshit tagging & gangster graffiti on people's personal property, businesses etc. those bastards deserve to get strung up by the nuts and receive a swift beating!

i hate it. they say its art and not illegal, but I would love to know how they would feel if I tagged their car.

in singapore..they jail them and cane them for damaging cars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

here's an article my friend Larry was interviewed for recently:

http://blog.pe.com/dan-bernstein/2012/08/2...nd-cockroaches/

When ever I see tagging , to me it's no different than a dog pissing on a tree, leaving his mark.

It's all Dog piss, dog

Come on RD, the kid was 19. Some mature faster than others, just a dumb teenage phase. I dont know if he tagged for bad intentions nor what the kid was like IRL, but a lost life at 19 is a sad thing.

Come on RD, the kid was 19. Some mature faster than others, just a dumb teenage phase. I dont know if he tagged for bad intentions nor what the kid was like IRL, but a lost life at 19 is a sad thing.

As far as I'm concerned, at 19, you're old enough to know better.

Kinda of harsh RD. Kid lost his life doing something stupid yes...but still a life lost. Someone out their lost a son, a brother, a nephew, a friend. Play stupid games win stupid prizes sure but it wasn't like he was robbing place and someone shot him.

Who knows where he may have been in a few years.

fcuk him.

Kinda of harsh RD. Kid lost his life doing something stupid yes...but still a life lost. Someone out their lost a son, a brother, a nephew, a friend. Play stupid games win stupid prizes sure but it wasn't like he was robbing place and someone shot him.

Meh....harsh, but fair.

Anytime a scumbag dies someone loses a son brother friend. Murderers are sons brothers and friends. They show the family boo hooing about the treatment of their murderous family member.

I think you summed it well. play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I did some stupid stuff in my day and luckily didn't get caught, but had i been caught, i'd have deserved what I'd gotten. Actually i did get caught, once. I did deserve the severe punishment I got.

How much of our tax dollars are spent wrapping every sign and overpass in fcuking barbed wire trying to stop this Shit? Seriously, they do that in LA.

If.it was your building he was painting, you would be pissed.

How much of our tax dollars are spent wrapping every sign and overpass in fcuking barbed wire trying to stop this Shit? Seriously, they do that in LA.

If.it was your building he was painting, you would be pissed.

I didn't say I wouldn't be pissed. I think it's a crime and it should be punished. It is still a 19 year old kid that died doing something stupid and he lost his life. It's a very caviler attitude to take saying the best thing you read all day was a story about a kid falling out of a tree and dying while tagging a building. This isn't some punk car jacking a mom or some dude breaking and entering.

Did he get what he deserved...play stupid games win stupid prizes...

I own a storage facility. The only thing I've ever learned from graffiti sprayed on my walls is MEGAN IS A CUNT

This isn't some punk car jacking a mom or some dude breaking and entering.

Did he get what he deserved...play stupid games win stupid prizes...

Not to profile, but odds are he has done the above or worse.

Getting killed doing something illegal and destroying someone else's property doesn't get you a lot of sympathy.

I own a storage facility. The only thing I've ever learned from graffiti sprayed on my walls is MEGAN IS A CUNT

That type of graffiti is dumb. However, there are some very artistic graffiti artists who do this for good reasons (their opinion) and actually think that they are contributing to the beauty of the world with their art. I'm not a fan of it and its a destruction of property, just kinda crazy to hear that the best story "you've" enjoyed all day was about a kid climbing a tree and bashing his skull open to do graffiti. Its not THAT criminal.