Mclaren Mp4 Market

VBUGKING

Anyone know what the real market values are for the new Mclaren? I am considering picking one up if I can find a good deal. Prices are all over the map, and I have seen everything that is online, but asking prices mean nothing. From what I can gather so far, wholesale prices seem to be at least 50k off MSRP.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are dropping fast. Many unsold new units sitting around..

Yeah thats what Im hearing. And with the convertible coming out, a lot of people will be trading out of their coupes.

Yeah thats what Im hearing. And with the convertible coming out, a lot of people will be trading out of their coupes.

For comfortable and insanely fast it is the best I have driven.

There is a new orange MP4 around the corner from me now. I haven't met the owner, but it looks great at traffic lights and passing by.

50k off is current. I would want 60 off.

Thanks for the insight. I was thinking the same thing. I believe its a great car, but it may be one of those cars I end up getting and wanting to get out of after a few months, so I have to buy it right.

For comfortable and insanely fast it is the best I have driven.

There is a new orange MP4 around the corner from me now. I haven't met the owner, but it looks great at traffic lights and passing by.

You know thats what I like, comfortable and fast! I like the car in the volcano red and also black. White would be my 3rd choice.

You know thats what I like, comfortable and fast! I like the car in the volcano red and also black. White would be my 3rd choice.

I'll try to find out the color of the new local car and get a pic for you. It looks stunning. I was surprised by how much presence it has. Looks-wise, it impressed more a lot more than my friends in Florida that I drove. The drive seems right up your alley. It feels a lot faster than the 458 to me, and I drove it without the new hp increase. Great car!

Find one that is eligible for the MY13 power upgrade (should be available at the end of this month) and then haggle like a bastard as values are plummeting come the first quarter as that is when deliveries of the spider will be hitting their stride.

As well as the power upgrade check the car has the latest updates for doors and nav software.

Faster than an Aventador, Rolls Royce ride and the daily usage qualities of a 911 turbo. If I had the money I would be sitting in one as I think it is the best car in the market place.

I see a gray one with orange break calipers parked in downtown NYC quite often. I have to say, it really evokes all the passion of a potted plant.

Sorry, but that's just my take.

You certainly wouldn't want to keep one long. First of all you never keep anything too long, but also they are going to keep a downward slide. They keep making more and are improving them as they make the newer ones. It's like the Gallardo...04 they had a car, 05 they did some improvements, 06 they did major improvements.

I would hold off for the right deal. I have a friend who bought a coupe and would like a cab and dealer told him it would be an 80k difference. Wait and hard ball.

I would hold off for the right deal. I have a friend who bought a coupe and would like a cab and dealer told him it would be an 80k difference. Wait and hard ball.

That is rough. And everyone's talking about how gingerly the McLaren dealerships have been treating them. I wonder if the attitude will change if there is a demand for a model like there maybe for the Spyder MP4.

That is rough. And everyone's talking about how gingerly the McLaren dealerships have been treating them. I wonder if the attitude will change if there is a demand for a model like there maybe for the Spyder MP4.

All comes down to $$$. He bought the coupe 2 months ago and at the time the dealer told him the cab is at least 6 months away. Goes to show you, you can't trust any of the dealer's word. They want to move cars .

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. Do you know how much more the Spider's MSRP is compared to his Coupe?

Philly dealer here has a pretty good selection. Call and ask for Richard and I'm sure he will do what ever possible to get you into a car.

They had a new Silver/Blk, red calipers & ccb's on the floor which looked really good!

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. Do you know how much more the Spider's MSRP is compared to his Coupe?

about 30k depending on options.

Such an awesome car that is mostly appealing to the car enthusiasts vs those after status/image etc... Hopefully these heavy discounts don't ruin the brand much.

Spotted a white one with black wheels in Columbus over the weekend and loved it! Saw the convertible at Pebble Beach, probably worth a wait but not $80k more!

Going to drive one tomorrow.

:icon_thumleft: I am really looking forward to your review!!!

BTW: The local car that looks great is volcano red.