Brake Calipers...Should I paint??

gemlender

Looking at my new SL and tring to figure out if I should paint the brake calipers to match the body color of leave them black?? Im not sure it it will be too much of the highlighter yellow. can anyone do a photoshop for me? Opinions please....

post-21505-1351481658.jpg

IMO, leave it as it's fine the way it is.

I was debating on the same thing on my SL (mine has an "out of range" colour too) and I had PS the calipers with matching body colour. The front ones looked ok but not so on the rear ones. At the end, I decided against it as the dark silver discs + black calipers + titanium wheels combo looks just fine; adding colour to that combo kind of ruined it. I think that would be especially true on your car as it is sharp enough as it is (and in a good way, of course).

Saw this at Lambo Houston! Congrats on the purchase. As for the calipers, with a car thins unique an this bright I think it's fine the way it is. Yellow calipers would be pushing it.

I am a big fan of painted calipers but in this case I think leaving them understated and letting the body color do the talking is a good idea.

Hotness. I am planning to do mine soon on Giallo Midas...but I have black wheels so they don't pop at all and the black hides how massive and impressive they are. Also note I have ccbs so dust is less of an issue

I vote yellow.

That car is perfection either way! Its your flavor.. make it what you want!

:iamwithstupid:

This is a tough one. I think it looks gorgeous as is - but I'm a huge fan of contrasting calipers, and in this case I think it would draw even more attention to the beautiful wheels. I also love that the wheels somewhat disappear (thin spokes) so you can see through them. If you did paint them I'd suggest making the script black because white script on yellow will disappear.

Honestly - it looks great right now, and I could also see leaving it alone.

If you are planning on keeping the car for a long time, the calipers need to be painted, as seeing them while the car is rolling is part of the "draw" of exotic cars...it's just flat out sick! haha

Seriously, they need to stand out.

For example, here is roncfpz's car and when someone sees your car on the highway and sees a view like THIS, the colored calipers help elicit that "Holy sh**!!" moment that defines an exotic car!

88b6487.jpg

Yes - I'm changing my vote to painted - love that look of the yellow with black script! And with those wheels it's a hot combo!

Painted to match but I would also consider powder coating the wheels gloss black. Its a nice contract against the carbon brake discs.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
If you are planning on keeping the car for a long time, the calipers need to be painted, as seeing them while the car is rolling is part of the "draw" of exotic cars...it's just flat out sick! haha

Seriously, they need to stand out.

For example, here is roncfpz's car and when someone sees your car on the highway and sees a view like THIS, the colored calipers help elicit that "Holy sh**!!" moment that defines an exotic car!

88b6487.jpg

Damn that's a great shot!

Most definitely paint them. Sets the car off perfectly! If you’re in So Cal PM me ill give you the number to someone who paints them for all the dealers in the area.

Most definitely paint them. Sets the car off perfectly! If you’re in So Cal PM me ill give you the number to someone who paints them for all the dealers in the area.

Can I get that number too?

Do you know how much they charge?