Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

Mako is correct, the people that are going to buy the next Gallardo and maybe even the SV aventador need to buy Raginbull a pint or two. :D

Cheers! Thanks!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible thread x 100!

Congrats Raging Bull and bravo on your intended purpose with this unique Bull...such an awesome thing for the charities and Lambo community as a whole. :icon_thumleft:

Any comments about the exhaust system, ie, the sound, differences from the Aventador's system, etc? Is the front lift system still intact? As mentioned earlier, so many questions! :eusa_think: :icon_super:

You may not love the car, or love the reasoning behind the car, but you can't help but be impressed that one of L-Power's own favorite sons has it in his garage.

:iamwithstupid:

Thanks guys!!! The cool thing about extreme Lambos like this is I didn't even know if I liked. It from the pics. I didn't care for the headlights and the whole front air channel thing.

So what went through your head at that moment after dropping so much money on something that you didn't love completely? I know how I feel after buying something for $10 that doesn't turn out as I had hoped, I can't imagine what that feels like. ;)

I'm having a hard time getting used to the front. The headlights kill it for me. If only they were shorter. But the rest, especially the rear, is killer!

Judging by the reactions it's the modern day Countach. Just so different and out there. Evoking emotions and stirring the soul is what a Lamborghini should do. It shouldn't be tame. Let the others have their wind tunnel designs and ultra technology. At this point it's pedantic. Go with your heart, and that's what you did!

It will be registered and insured in the USA as Veneno limited edition model. It shares very little with the Aventador and it is even lighter then they said! A lot lighter! I will explain later.

:icon_thumleft: please do!

If this thing is lighter than advertised it will end up being a lot faster than everyone thinks, I am curious to hear more details.

HOT DAMN. Congrats, RB!!

Nothin' like a man buying a (uber-) Lamborghini, putting it to good street use, and sharing it with all the world. Doin' the Lord's work, I say! :icon_super:

I couldn't have thought of another person who on this board deserve this car anymore than you (Aaron is a close second). Congrats, you are the nuttiest of our bunch.

I think this car stole the show this year. Technologies aside, the Veneno's styling cues has the most impact of the 3 hypercars I think. I am pretty sure this car will elicit the most conversation from those who get to see it in person. Love it or hate it, you can't not talk about its design.

With all the comparing of speed and technology out there, the bottom line is that a car like this (and the other hyper cars), are difficult to extract even 70% of its performance on legal roads. I know if I had something like this, I'd be a train wreck worrying about some knuckle head hitting me on the road.

Besides...1 of 3 in the world. I'm sure if the thought ever crossed your mind, this thing could easily sell for 2 or 3x's as much. You simply can't replicate it.

Well done.

Congrats Kris!! That is beyond unbelievable! Enjoy it in good health!!

Thank You Brother!

I couldn't have thought of another person who on this board deserve this car anymore than you (Aaron is a close second). Congrats, you are the nuttiest of our bunch.

I think this car stole the show this year. Technologies aside, the Veneno's styling cues has the most impact of the 3 hypercars I think. I am pretty sure this car will elicit the most conversation from those who get to see it in person. Love it or hate it, you can't not talk about its design.

With all the comparing of speed and technology out there, the bottom line is that a car like this (and the other hyper cars), are difficult to extract even 70% of its performance on legal roads. I know if I had something like this, I'd be a train wreck worrying about some knuckle head hitting me on the road.

Besides...1 of 3 in the world. I'm sure if the thought ever crossed your mind, this thing could easily sell for 2 or 3x's as much. You simply can't replicate it.

Well done.

Thank you!

The styling is extreme. It is not sexy like a Miura, Gallardo or Aventador. It is more bold and futuristic like the Countach was. I totally understand people disliking it. To me, it is the adulthood modernized version of the Countach on HGH, Test, and some great blood treatments by the right kind of crazy doctor.

I think it stole the show because it is so new and unexpected. The P1 has been shown a few times and the La-De-Da is a 458 and F12 stretched out... nothing new an innovative. It won by being the most extreme car I have ever seen but the competition was a car we've seen and a car we've... seen... kind of.

Below are the same observations I would give if I had just attended the show and I was not an owner. Enough of you know me to know I am not sugar coating and hyping because I bought it.

I think the technology is being overlooked. It shares the same or less with the Aventador as the P1 shares with the MP4 and the La-di-da shares with its brethren. The aerodynamics and downforce created by the body work is going to be tough to match by anyone else. They did an excellent job with this car.

The Veneno is based on race cars. With pushrod suspension, single clutch, V12, it is the closest you will get. As much amazing tech as the others have, this is your raw race car that is mental and somehow street legal worldwide.

The HP is plenty. Same top speed as the others, quicker acceleration, no turbo lag, etc. They really made a special car here.

The weight savings on the prototype is 250 lbs over the Aventador. That is just the beginning. All the parts for the prototype were made to create a test bed. The headlights weigh 2-3 times what they will weigh when they make them specific for production. There are many areas to remove more weight that will make it to the final production cars we will receive. I do not know how much, but they expressed a good amount.

The P1 is a MONSTER track car. I am sure the La-De-Da will be too. I think this will be as well and for the overall experience, this car is special among a group of very special cars.

HOT DAMN. Congrats, RB!!

Nothin' like a man buying a (uber-) Lamborghini, putting it to good street use, and sharing it with all the world. Doin' the Lord's work, I say! :icon_super:

LOL! THANK YOU!

Looks like a DECEPTICON to me...definitely not from this planet. I am beginning to think Lamborghini is a front for the Decepticons to infiltrate Earth. The Countach was probably one of the first arrivals from Cybertron sent as a scout to learn more about us. While we marvel at this car we are being deceived and setup for domination. People beware and don't fall for this!

Another question I have: How the hell did they test this thing without word getting out? No mule, no spy shot, no nothing, whereas the P1 and the LF are well documented.

578351_503184549718986_475706085_n.jpg

In this group.. the P1 really needs to be tossed out.. Im sure it will perform and drive incredibly, but it just does nothing for me!

We embarked on a whole new era of supercars. Everything else seems pointless. I'm almost more drawn to the P1 just because it's less extreme than the others. But then the others look so insanely futuristic. I'm going bipolar here....

I like the Ferrari's styling around the same as the Lambo's, but they're playing very different games - the Veneno's designed to be as nutty and outlandish as possible (mission accomplished), the FeminineFerrari's intended to be the bigger, racier version of its common garden stablemates. The McLaren's taking a similar tack to the Veneno, but is just thoroughly outclassed. The P1 looks like it's a microwaved blob of cheese sitting in the middle of your plate, the Veneno looks like it's within a gnat's whisker of killing someone just through the act of being seen by them.

The thing I admire most about the P1 is actually how small it is, and it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being the lightest on the scales, out in the real world. I'd imagine the Ferrari will have the edge in driving dynamics though, with the immediacy of natural aspiration backed by the torque battalion of an electric motor.

I'm amazed how much weight they've stripped out for the Veneno and stayed road legal, and it looks like it's a far more thorough re-engineering than I'd have expected. Can't wait to hear how it measures up dynamically. And as usual from Lambo, it'll be the one eliciting the most "holy shit"s.

In this group.. the P1 really needs to be tossed out.. Im sure it will perform and drive incredibly, but it just does nothing for me!

+1 imo the Aventador looks better then the P1. The Ferrari and veneno though both look extreme and awesome.

That awesome you're going to drive it! Can you take it to the local dealer for service? Not wish bad things, but what will happen if something breaks? Are a lot of the parts 'off the shelf' or like the body you'll have to wait a while for parts to be custom made.

...go on :icon_mrgreen:

I didn't ask more then that. The design guys are very nice people. Maurizio Reggiani and Filippo Perini were very friendly, as were the 8 people who work with them on the designs. I talked with them for hours about all the details on all the models and how much I love their work. It was a lot of fun. Stephan Winklemann is very down to earth and very cool. It was great to get to know everyone. I think they are an amazing team and they are definitely seem very much like a family.

Looks like a DECEPTICON to me...definitely not from this planet. I am beginning to think Lamborghini is a front for the Decepticons to infiltrate Earth. The Countach was probably one of the first arrivals from Cybertron sent as a scout to learn more about us. While we marvel at this car we are being deceived and setup for domination. People beware and don't fall for this!

I agree. This car looks like it is from the future and it was made by aliens. So it isn't even in the future of the human race. It will one day invade our great grandchildren and take this planet over.

Another question I have: How the hell did they test this thing without word getting out? No mule, no spy shot, no nothing, whereas the P1 and the LF are well documented.

I have no idea. They sure tested it though. The aero is insane.

The P1 and La-Fe look at least 20 years old and nothing special compared to the Veneno. The Ferrari looks like the 458 and F12 got stretched into enzo V12 size. It was really very disappointing. The La-Fe has nothing about it that looks like the future. It all looks like their present. Very major fail. Hanging around both areas, no one was excited about the Ferrari. Some people were interested in the big Mac but often asked why it didn't look more aggressive? They always answer that it is all about fastest lap times at the track. You can also drive it on the road, but the primary focus of the big Mac is definitely track and only track but very livable. The more I look I like the Mac better then the Ferrari, but they are both decades behind the Venom.

Out of all the other hyper cars in the 1-2 million range, IMO the Koenigsegg is definitely the best car at the show. The Huayra looked bad to me. It is somewhat radical, but not radical enough to get away with not being attractive. The K-segg is awesome. I told Christian that I would be very interested if he had a proper dealer network, service mechanics and parts stocked at the dealerships. They are working on it. That car is much cooler than the Mac and the La-Fe.

Look at the 3 together, just from pictures, the Veneno wins in the design category.

The Veneno is also a lot more money. In person it makes the others look 20-30 years old. It is so futuristic. I am not a fan of the P1's looks. The seats are very comfortable. The car is very small. It is the MP4 chassis and engine. So, it is the size of the MP4 only with more bubly curves. It looks better to me in pics then real life. The La-Fe is a huge letdown for anyone who expected anything visually fresh or new. I thought that is what the halo Ferrari was supposed to be. A glimpse in to the next 10 years. This is now, and I am not a fan of where they are right now.