Aventador on a Dyno

HannibalACP82

I know that David had Alex/xxx3's Aventador on his Dyno but I don't remember seeing any video or numbers come out. This past weekend while in Columbus for their Season Opener DoctaM3 had his Aventador on CTD's dyno. Sounded pretty wicked watching it in person. Can't believe how much a car bucks and rights at those tie downs while strapped to a dyno.

Enjoy!

624hp and 472ft-lb!

Agreed! We all were a bit surprised by that. It's basically 10% loss. I think the Aventadors are underrated coming from the factory. Don't forget this was on winter mix too. We don't get the good fuel until next month.

great numbers, very impressive, I was expecting strong numbers considering how fast the car traps along with the weight.... has anyone seen real world weight numbers?

great numbers, very impressive, I was expecting strong numbers considering how fast the car traps along with the weight.... has anyone seen real world weight numbers?

Only you FikseGTS would ask about weight, and maybe me.lol.

I think they are above 3700 with a full tank from some C&D road test I remember seeing but I'm not really sure on good numbers.

Only you FikseGTS would ask about weight, and maybe me.lol.

I think they are above 3700 with a full tank from some C&D road test I remember seeing but I'm not really sure on good numbers.

sounds right to me.

Didn't they pass a law that all cars have to be within 10% of the advertised hp?

With 624whp and the car weighting 3700lbs it traps right on the money 134 +/-

I think people should be more realistic if it is stock, I don't think you will find an all wheel drive car that will lose less then 15% from crank to awhp average is 15%-18% With those numbers you would be looking at around 750HP not likely. The Aventador performs inline with all its predecessors add or subtract weight and the same with HP and it is where it should be. If the factory under rated it then they under rated all there previous cars. It is not difficult to have very optimistic numbers on the Dyno if you are looking to get them. The Aventador is a fast car but it does not make that type of power YET

on that same dyno the LP670SV put down 585 whp.....

LP670, 585whp, 15% loss = 688 HP

Aventador: 634 whp, 15% loss = 745 HP

maybe the loss is less than 15%....

I think people should be more realistic if it is stock, I don't think you will find an all wheel drive car that will lose less then 15% from crank to awhp average is 15%-18% With those numbers you would be looking at around 750HP not likely. The Aventador performs inline with all its predecessors add or subtract weight and the same with HP and it is where it should be. If the factory under rated it then they under rated all there previous cars. It is not difficult to have very optimistic numbers on the Dyno if you are looking to get them. The Aventador is a fast car but it does not make that type of power YET

on that same dyno the LP670SV put down 585 whp.....

LP670, 585whp, 15% loss = 688 HP

Aventador: 634 whp, 15% loss = 745 HP

maybe the loss is less than 15%....

I just think that Dyno is adjusted high, it would be nice to see what those cars show on another Dyno. With cars of that power just 2 to 3 % makes a big difference. I think you will find a good 2wd would be around 12%. The numbers for the Aventador show about 8% loss from factory rating, I think that is wishful thinking on AWD The LP670 shows 11.5 % from factory rating very aggessive also but within the realm of possibility.

dyno aside, I think the car needs more than 700HP crank to trap as well as it does...

I just think that Dyno is adjusted high, it would be nice to see what those cars show on another Dyno. With cars of that power just 2 to 3 % makes a big difference. I think you will find a good 2wd would be around 12%. The numbers for the Aventador show about 8% loss from factory rating, I think that is wishful thinking on AWD The LP670 shows 11.5 % from factory rating very aggessive also but within the realm of possibility.

dyno aside, I think the car needs more than 700HP crank to trap as well as it does...

What is that car trapping at ?

I read elsewhere on this forum your GT-R was accurate at 12% I think you could apply that number to a strong running AWD car like the GT-R or the Aventador but when you get a 8 or 9% AWD something is off. I think the Aventador traps at 137 that is strong there can be other reasons for a good trap like that even though it usually means HP but it should also show an ET lower then the 10.6-10.8 the Aventador does. I think the chassis Dyno is good for a before and after comparison of performance parts but leaves a lot to be desired for real word accurate HP numbers .

Thank HannibalACP82 for posting. Was a crazy day today... I think it makes sense to run a few other cars and even confirm but I see no reason this dyno is higher than any other. You can tell from the tech's face he was just as shocked. Fun times at CTD. Thanks David.

I'm sure we can get an exact number since the owner posted in this thread. That being said I am comfortable in saying over 5k miles. The car did the Italian Stampede last year and is driven a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

The dyno is dialed in incredibly accurately. It showed a 467AWHP for the Performante on Winter 93, 461AWHP for the 570SL on Winter 93, and 483AWHP for a 560 on Summer 93.

The Aventador is just highly underrated, just like the SV.

Here is the weight of the car with less than an 1/8th tank.

Thanks for the comments on the shop. That was our temp one. We'll be fully operational out of our new one on 6/1.

Thank HannibalACP82 for posting. Was a crazy day today... I think it makes sense to run a few other cars and even confirm but I see no reason this dyno is higher than any other. You can tell from the tech's face he was just as shocked. Fun times at CTD. Thanks David.

:icon_thumleft:

Always a pleasure!