Oklahoma Tornado's

pockmark

Terribly sad. Especially those little kids going through the trauma of the tornado itself and I'm sure very frightened only to suffer drowning in the end. Hopefully some planning is made for shelters in case it happens again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terribly sad. Especially those little kids going through the trauma of the tornado itself and I'm sure very frightened only to suffer drowning in the end. Hopefully some planning is made for shelters in case it happens again.

Has anyone seen a news article that actually stated "drowning' yet? The only place I have heard of this is on LP. I am busy at work so I could be missing something.

Has anyone seen a news article that actually stated "drowning' yet? The only place I have heard of this is on LP. I am busy at work so I could be missing something.

I saw a note about it on the CNN homepage about drowning in the basement

This is terrible. My thoughts are with the families. So how long before some religious nut starts blaming the victims for sinning or some shit like that?

This is terrible. My thoughts are with the families. So how long before some religious nut starts blaming the victims for sinning or some shit like that?

Some liberal nut already blamed it on them for being conservative.... But thanks for playing...

Personally, I think if you see an event where dozens of children are killed and your first thought is to try to score some sort of political point, I think you should lobotomize yourself with a railroad spike.

Some liberal nut already blamed it on them for being conservative.... But thanks for playing...

Personally, I think if you see an event were dozens of children are killed and your first thought is too try to score some sort of political point, I think you should lobotomize yourself with a railroad spike.

Or any sort of personal agenda for that matter, religious, political, racial or otherwise.

This is from a different tornado but gives you an idea of what that wind speed can do...

:o

They aren't really though.... The WORST, WORST, WORST tornado ever was in 1925... Then there was the 74 outbreak, that had several 30 EF 4 & 5s one that cut across most of the Ohio River valley- like 100 miles long...

The reason they SEEM to be getting worse, is because there are a lot more people living in their paths than there were before... 50 years ago, this tornado would have torn up bob's farm, population 5... Now Bobs farm is a subdivision in a major suburb of Oklahoma city with A POPULATION OF 55,000. (In 1960 Moore Oklahoma had a population of 1700 people... Today its 55,000).

I hadn't thought of it in terms of those areas being more populated. Makes you wonder why given that it's tornado alley! :lol2:

I hadn't thought of it in terms of those areas being more populated. Makes you wonder why given that it's tornado alley! :lol2:

Oil.

If this is too soon or too poor taste please remove.

931229_10152838269810335_1092613176_n.jp

Jamie Kennedy is looking huge!

• 2 weeks later...

I was supposed to be driving east this week... Was supposed to stop in Clinton Oklahoma... Decided a few weeks ago to blow that off... Glad I did...

My 25 Year old daughter lives in OKC. Just North of town and South of Edmond. She got out of her house just before the storm hit, and cant get back to it due to flooding, debris and road closures, so she doesn't know the status of anything right now. She is fine, but some positive LP thoughts wouldn't hurt right now.

The videos from the storm chasers who got hit by this are incredible

Just heard that Tim Samaras and Carl Young (team twistex from the TV show Storm Chasers) were killed in the storm. Unreal. My wife and I always joked that Carl looked just like Will Forte.

Just heard that Tim Samaras and Carl Young (team twistex from the TV show Storm Chasers) were killed in the storm. Unreal. My wife and I always joked that Carl looked just like Will Forte.

It was only a matter of time, sadly.