New Door Handles

Allan-Herbie

Got rid of the ugly black plastic ones for some MACARBON handles..

Allan, how hard was it to replace and what was the cost? That is something I may go with.

Regards,

Ben

Very nice touch. Will have to eventually replace mine with cf as well. The covering on the stock actually peels, even when new.

Lamborghinisti,

Ooooh...very nice!

Now, all we need are carbon door buttons to replace the cracked OEM's :D

Shamile

Allan, how hard was it to replace and what was the cost? That is something I may go with.

Regards,

Ben

Not very difficult at all. Just pull open door panel, unscrew replace.. Handles are $475

Lamborghinisti,

Ooooh...very nice!

Now, all we need are carbon door buttons to replace the cracked OEM's :D

Shamile

Ive looked.. Nothing.. Found a metal piece that pops on top.. looks ugly

post-10721-1372924489_thumb.jpgIf you have the C/F Handles, you MUST have the door buttons, the OEM black plastic ones looks SOooo tacky when they crack (which they ALL do) My Roadster has both the C/F handles and buttons (as well as C/F Roadster "roof plugs) and as we speak Steve at Driven Exotics is to the handles and buttons for the SV. Word of caution, the handles are relatively cheap and "easy" to install, door buttons different $$tory, but worth it,, cause just a "little thing" can look so much better...

post-10721-1372924281_thumb.jpg

post-10721-1372924397_thumb.jpg

post-10721-1372924442_thumb.jpg

Will they hold up better against nail scratches in the long run you think?

Hi Allan,

Those look fantastic! Very nice touch, been thinking of doing something similar.

Would you be interested in sending me the old handles? I have a CF business and would like to make these for my own car, having a spare set would be perfect, and saves me stripping my car and sending the bits off. The parts would not be damaged and I can obviously return them when I get the mould. I would of course cover shipping [plus give you a second set of CF handles for your trouble, or if preferred, some other CF bits at cost price, when I produce them] Trying to find used parts to do CF projects is difficult here, only 4 Diablos on the road here in Ireland lol, and not many anywhere here or UK for dismantling.

No pressure, and totally understand if you don't want to. You can PM me if preferred.

I really like those button too!!

$475.00 is insane. Just recently I took mine off that were scratched up and wiped them down with 99% isopropyl alcohol that easily removed the sticky stuff. Then I repainted with Krylon Fusion paint, satin black....Better than new. Cost, $4.75 :)

Lamborghinisti,

$475.00 is insane. Just recently I took mine off that were scratched up and wiped them down with 99% isopropyl alcohol that easily removed the sticky stuff. Then I repainted with Krylon Fusion paint, satin black....Better than new. Cost, $4.75 :)

....but the carbon fiber looks really cool! :D

Shamile

Hi Allan,

Those look fantastic! Very nice touch, been thinking of doing something similar.

Would you be interested in sending me the old handles? I have a CF business and would like to make these for my own car, having a spare set would be perfect, and saves me stripping my car and sending the bits off. The parts would not be damaged and I can obviously return them when I get the mould. I would of course cover shipping [plus give you a second set of CF handles for your trouble, or if preferred, some other CF bits at cost price, when I produce them] Trying to find used parts to do CF projects is difficult here, only 4 Diablos on the road here in Ireland lol, and not many anywhere here or UK for dismantling.

No pressure, and totally understand if you don't want to. You can PM me if preferred.

I really like those button too!!

Sure! Just PM me your address.

Sudesh - going off topic: is one of those Diablos in Ireland an orange 6 Litre ?

Yeah, owned by a very nice young lady, only spoke to here a few times on a local forum, and by text, but she's very pleasant. Her car is a stunner too.

The 4 I'm aware off are,....My one, a friend has a 91 LHD orange car, The orange 6.0 and a dark blue 6.0, I have been told there may be 1 or 2 other LHD cars in red here, but I haven't seen them.....yet.

Yeah, owned by a very nice young lady,

That's the one!

She took it to the 50th Giro and we met her and here co-driver on the bus back to Bologna after the dinner.

You're right her car is an absolute beauty and she was very knowledgeable about Lambo's and cars in general - I got quite a kick out of speaking to her - I'm sure that's the first time I've everhad a conversation with a female who loves Lambo's as much as me!

Cheers

Zack

Best $475 spent on the car! Makes a huge difference!