P1 spotted on the 'Ring

asscelerator

Now you're getting it :icon_thumleft: the real question is how much slower than the laferr is it?

Guys P1 is a LOT faster at the Ring than ThethetheFerrari or 918.

A LOT.

My guess is:

P1 6:46

ThethetheFerrari 6:57

918 6:58

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A LOT.

My guess is:

im going with the P1 as best ring lap time as well!

the car eats up race tracks all day long!

we will see the proof sooner than later..

A LOT.

My guess is:

I'm just trolling the troll :icon_thumleft:

But 918 being 1 second slower than a LaFer despite carrying several hundred extra pounds and having less power? :eusa_think: I'm sure we will have solid numbers soon enough :)

I'm just trolling the troll :icon_thumleft:

But 918 being 1 second slower than a LaFer despite carrying several hundred extra pounds and having less power? :eusa_think: I'm sure we will have solid numbers soon enough :)

4 wheel drive makes a huge difference at the Ring.

A LOT.

My guess is:

I feel like someone has inside info

HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:eusa_think:

i think product strategy wise, Mclaren has provided a entry car 12C that performs on par or beyond supercars from the established marques. The P1 will be no different. Usually the new guy always has to prove his worth in the field.... The 12c already destroys the 458 and even the F12 on the variano track...

that being said, the P1 has the optimum packaging in terms of aero, engine size/weight/hp, weight distribution vs la la la F...

i think product strategy wise, Mclaren has provided a entry car 12C that performs on par or beyond supercars from the established marques. The P1 will be no different. Usually the new guy always has to prove his worth in the field.... The 12c already destroys the 458 and even the F12 on the variano track...

that being said, the P1 has the optimum packaging in terms of aero, engine size/weight/hp, weight distribution vs la la la F...

:iamwithstupid:

The MP4 is the fastest car I have ever driven apart from a TTG. And that was only fast in a straight line, otherwise it handled like a regular Gallardo. P1 is growing on me, at least they didn't do a boring body style like the MP4, I think they have a winner on their hands. Ferrari can sell everything they make, McLaren if they want a piece of the market have to provide a better product. That said I hope they depreciate like the MP4's maybe I will be able to afford one in a couple of years.

:iamwithstupid:

The MP4 is the fastest car I have ever driven apart from a TTG. And that was only fast in a straight line, otherwise it handled like a regular Gallardo. P1 is growing on me, at least they didn't do a boring body style like the MP4, I think they have a winner on their hands. Ferrari can sell everything they make, McLaren if they want a piece of the market have to provide a better product. That said I hope they depreciate like the MP4's maybe I will be able to afford one in a couple of years.

I've grown fond of the styling of the 12c. Very understated and refined looking... The 458 already looks boring to me... And perhaps that's where design strategies lie...to provide something that won't feel like last seasons fashion accessory... And also to speak softly but carry a big stick...

I've grown fond of the styling of the 12c. Very understated and refined looking... The 458 already looks boring to me... And perhaps that's where design strategies lie...to provide something that won't feel like last seasons fashion accessory... And also to speak softly but carry a big stick...

Exactly that, I saw a 458 the other day and surprised at how dated it looked for such a new car. It looks too fussy and busy.

Time will tell.

Exactly that, I saw a 458 the other day and surprised at how dated it looked for such a new car. It looks too fussy and busy.

Time will tell.

As with the Mclaren F1, it wasnt the craziest looking million dollar super car... but its styling has really stood the test of time... similar formula followed on the 12c. Which IHMHO is a wise move considering the small line up Mclaren has, its the right strategy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, because they knew the huge press release. McLaren just confirmed the acceleration and braking times and the P1 is on the Ring right now as we type.

0-100 kph, 2.8 seconds. 0-200 kph 6.8 seconds. 0-300 kph 16.5 seconds.

Quarter mile in 9.8 seconds at 152 mph :o

Braking is even more crazy

100 kph to 0 in 99 feet

300 kph to 0 in 6.2 seconds and 245 meters. This is a new record as far as I know. The Porsche 911 GT3RS 4.0 and Agera R are in the 6.6 second range

I have multiple people contacting me saying a time somewhere around 6:47 on the 'Ring with more to go. One has even said they just did a 6:39 :o