A couple V12 TT builds in progress.

Meh 6.5L is rather small, especially for a 12 cylinder.

The ability to spread the compression over 12 cylinders is a good thing, tho. I'm interested to see how far UGR can push it. The extra rubber on the ground has to be enough to offset any weight penalty. But you would think more folks woulda gravitated towards it if it was a viable competitor to the G's.

Maybe this weekend is the coming out party?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ability to spread the compression over 12 cylinders is a good thing, tho.

Not exactly, that makes for a lot of crank and block flex to fight against.

Not exactly, that makes for a lot of crank and block flex to fight against.

Interesting. Never thought of it like that. I was figuring compression/hp per cylinder. At least that's the excuse that the GTRs use. Hahahaha

Interesting. Never thought of it like that. I was figuring compression/hp per cylinder. At least that's the excuse that the GTRs use. Hahahaha

Yes but there is always a tradeoff of HP per CI and how that is spread around. GTR's are fighting HP per CI more than HP per cylinder. HP per CI is a lot more a function of airflow which favors more cylinders (generally, but again it depends).

As spans (block length, number of main bearings) get longer things get exponentially heavier to fight flex and maintain strength. Look at the Viper V10, big cubes in 10 cylinders and they are know for making a gazillion hp. But the stock crank weighs 90+ lbs, almost twice the weight of a small block V8 mopar crank.

Yes but there is always a tradeoff of HP per CI and how that is spread around. GTR's are fighting HP per CI more than HP per cylinder. HP per CI is a lot more a function of airflow which favors more cylinders (generally, but again it depends).

As spans (block length, number of main bearings) get longer things get exponentially heavier to fight flex and maintain strength. Look at the Viper V10, big cubes in 10 cylinders and they are know for making a gazillion hp. But the stock crank weighs 90+ lbs, almost twice the weight of a small block V8 mopar crank.

I think you are forgetting that the Aventador's engine is an over-squared (bigger bore and smaller stroke) configuration. Meaning less side loads on the cylinder walls and less stress on the crank and its bearings. Plus if you put a longer rod on the same stroke, it will lessens the stress on the wrist pins as well. I think it's a great platform to make gigantic power. Plus the V12's ignition timing is smoother and more balanced compared to lesser cylinder engines. To go further, you can also change the firing order to minimize vibrations.

A custom Winberg or Bryant crank are lighter and stronger and will handle the more power anyone could ever imagine.

• 8 months later...

Any update on these or any performance figures out of the v12 builds?

Is there a chance that we will see any of the TT Aventadors at T.I. ?

This thread is pretty much 2yrs old at this point and we still havent seen numbers or heard pretty much anything on the big boy TT.

I would hazard to guess that there just isn't the type of market for six figure aftermarket upgrades on a low volume car that costs $400k. At least not the market that would warrant focusing time and resources that would be better served on high volume of G/R8 platform. And let's be honest...if SW didn't send his to charlotte, then you gotta figure the market ain't there.

Just my 2¢...

I would hazard to guess that there just isn't the type of market for six figure aftermarket upgrades on a low volume car that costs $400k. At least not the market that would warrant focusing time and resources that would be better served on high volume of G/R8 platform. And let's be honest...if SW didn't send his to charlotte, then you gotta figure the market ain't there.

Just my 2¢...

And I agree with you a 100% on the general idea that the market isnt there. But this thread's title is "Couple of V12 TT builds in progress" This doesnt mean we are considering making them etc. They were in progress in 2013. It is 2015, so my question is what happened? Did they not live up to expectation? I am just trying to wrap my head on making a TTing a V12 successfully and making amazing power and not posting anything about it. Or they simply just arent done after two years which is a different story all together.

And I agree with you a 100% on the general idea that the market isnt there. But this thread's title is "Couple of V12 TT builds in progress" This doesnt mean we are considering making them etc. They were in progress in 2013. It is 2015, so my question is what happened? Did they not live up to expectation? I am just trying to wrap my head on making a TTing a V12 successfully and making amazing power and not posting anything about it. Or they simply just arent done after two years which is a different story all together.

well...the Grigio car got delivered to a dude in houston. I guess his name is Josh....

the verde joint? who knows...

i know that the first one they did was the white one and was sold to a dude in NY. i still see pics/vids on IG all the time. but you never see him really flexing....

im just gonna assume that theyve just focused on the G/R8. taking those cars to insane power levels. also remember....Kevin said they arent doing Vipers anymore, either. i would also assume that there is some serious R&D going on with the Huracan. gotta remember....UGR isnt AMG or even Roush. limited resources with no factory backing. its amazing that theyve taken the platforms this far.

well...the Grigio car got delivered to a dude in houston. I guess his name is Josh....

i know that the first one they did was the white one and was sold to a dude in NY. i still see pics/vids on IG all the time. but you never see him really flexing....

im just gonna assume that theyve just focused on the G/R8. taking those cars to insane power levels. also remember....Kevin said they arent doing Vipers anymore, either. i would also assume that there is some serious R&D going on with the Huracan. gotta remember....UGR isnt AMG or even Roush. limited resources with no factory backing. its amazing that theyve taken the platforms this far.

+1. From what I've read the TT Aventadors are running strong. Realistically an Aventador TT costs probably close to $700,000 total by the time you do an R build, add HRE wheels, and the other goodies. Most guys probably would rather spend $400-450k on a nice 570 with a 2R system. A lot more guys can afford/justify building a Gallardo compared to a TT 'Vent.

Looks like the design on the TT Huracan is similar to the setup on the R8. I would imagine much of the engine/turbo R&D is similar, so I would bet making power is not going to be an issue. If I had to take a guess building up the H drivetrain to handle it will be the difficult part. Nonetheless I am sure they will be nothing short of badass.

They are racing at TI this weekend so don't expect a response until next week sometime (at the earliest) if I had to guess..

With the revelation of the huracan x...I think we have our answer as to where there time has been spent.

I def believe you that they were delivered which makes me even more confused. You dont think someone drops $200k on a Vent TT and the shop that is the first to build it doesnt even post a dyno or video? I dont care if it made 1000whp or 2000whp. Inquiring minds just want to know. That is all.

I def believe you that they were delivered which makes me even more confused. You dont think someone drops $200k on a Vent TT and the shop that is the first to build it doesnt even post a dyno or video? I dont care if it made 1000whp or 2000whp. Inquiring minds just want to know. That is all.

The owners get their Dyno sheets, up to them if they want to post them or not. The power is guaranteed. Are you interested in building one? The TT Aventador's work very NICE! When we are done with the builds, they drive just like stock, just much faster. ;)

The owners get their Dyno sheets, up to them if they want to post them or not. The power is guaranteed. Are you interested in building one? The TT Aventador's work very NICE! When we are done with the builds, they drive just like stock, just much faster. ;)

That is great to hear. I currently only own an LP640 and a 6.0 Diablo so no Vent yet. But will soon :) With most of your V10 builds you guys post pix and lots of data and that just has been missing with the TT Vents which is why a few were asking. I have no doubt you guys back up the power just didnt know why the lack of info and pix with these particular builds.

That is great to hear. I currently only own an LP640 and a 6.0 Diablo so no Vent yet. But will soon :) With most of your V10 builds you guys post pix and lots of data and that just has been missing with the TT Vents which is why a few were asking. I have no doubt you guys back up the power just didnt know why the lack of info and pix with these particular builds.

We don't like to post many pics of the builds as much as I want to thanks to the knock off tuners. Keep in mind that 90% of our builds are Gallardos. We are not trying to push the TT Aventador market for now as we don't want to be loaded down with Aventadors just yet. However, the Aventadors that do come in we are NOT pushing away, just not actively trying to push that market for now. We have been hard at work preparing for the day when customers want to race the Aventador. Everything that we have for the race Gallardo's other than a dogbox, we have for the Aventador. So we can build a X version Aventador if needed. We have the M1 MoTeC, billet transmission 1st-7th gear, billet differentials, billet axles, carbon and ceramic clutch setup and etc. And of course our race prep engines. ;)

Hope that helps. ;)

Oh man, now I am drooling. Really hope that an owner will post some dyne graphs, and or go to a 1mile drag race. V12TT are like a unicorn, and I want to see if it can gallop or just stand still.

Oh man, now I am drooling. Really hope that an owner will post some dyne graphs, and or go to a 1mile drag race. V12TT are like a unicorn, and I want to see if it can gallop or just stand still.

We have only released the 1550whp version at this time. There are 3 of them out there right now and we are building 3 more at this time.

We have only released the 1550whp version at this time. There are 3 of them out there right now and we are building 3 more at this time.

I saw some of this cars getting done and wow... those things are amazing...

Does the E-Gear need lots of strengthening?

Do you know of any videos at all, that owners might have posted?

How is the drivability? How is the turbo kick?

Does the E-Gear need lots of strengthening?

Do you know of any videos at all, that owners might have posted?

How is the drivability? How is the turbo kick?

The TT Aventadors drive just as well as stock. Turbos spool very fast! I know there are videos on IG, not sure where I saw them. We are doing one for Richard that goes to all the races. He will be running his at these events so expect a lot of videos soon. ;)

The TT Aventadors drive just as well as stock. Turbos spool very fast! I know there are videos on IG, not sure where I saw them. We are doing one for Richard that goes to all the races. He will be running his at these events so expect a lot of videos soon. ;)

Praise the Lord!!:) Can't wait to see some in action live!