2005 Guards Red Carrera GT in da house!

Leadfoot

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! I do have a Lambo banner--it's the first one I got! You can't see it in the shots because its in front of the SV now. Here it was with my Aventador before I had the garage done....

post-24272-1379342402_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah!

^^^coming soon!!!

Can't wait!

Congrats on the acquisition! Car looks hot! Can't wait to hear some clips of the AWE pipes installed.

Enjoy it in good health, buddy! Awesome stable.

I was in vralex cgt with the awe straight pipes and it was by far the loudest, most spine tingling, obnoxiously loud fcuking awesome sound of any road legal car ever.

You will think someone snuck some mufflers on the SV.

:monkeyleft:

Haha! That's hard to imagine since I just drove the SV today with the valves open and it's deafening! Planning on picking up the CGT at the end of the day tomorrow--so we shall see!!

Congrats on the acquisition! Car looks hot! Can't wait to hear some clips of the AWE pipes installed.

Enjoy it in good health, buddy! Awesome stable.

Thanks man! Really appreciate it!

I hate you....

only because i'm very jealous ;) :lol2:

Congrats the latest addition looks incredible amongst an already highly impressive stable of vehicles!

Asking out of complete curiosity and ignorance. Is there any resemblance between the GT3 and the CGT in how they drive or overall driving enjoyment? Or is the CGT in a whole other stratosphere?

I hate you....only because i'm very jealous ;) :lol2:

Congrats the latest addition looks incredible amongst an already highly impressive stable of vehicles!

Thanks Destructor'

Asking out of complete curiosity and ignorance. Is there any resemblance between the GT3 and the CGT in how they drive or overall driving enjoyment? Or is the CGT in a whole other stratosphere?

I've only driven the GT for 80 mi, but you can tell, like Luis GT3 said, that it is in a whole different league. I love the GT3RS, but the feedback you get from the chassis and steering in the GT is very special....and I don't think, reproducible.

It should sound more than obnoxious!!! And supposedly it will be louder than my SV with the iPE exhaust, which is hard to imagine!!

It will be much loader than your SV with the innotech, perhaps the most beautiful sound vibrations your ears will ever experience!

I don't usually post my videos but here's one I got from a friends white CGT with straight pipes as well for your hearing pleasure...

Haha! That's hard to imagine since I just drove the SV today with the valves open and it's deafening! Planning on picking up the CGT at the end of the day tomorrow--so we shall see!!

Any updates??

I'm picking it up tomorrow. It needed a exhaust temp sensor that was bad and throwing a CEL. Turns out, my 50 mi on the car before turning it in for service were at 60% power since it was retarding spark to "cool" the exhaust. I thought the car was awesome with 400hp---605hp will be a whole 'nother world the tech is telling me. He said it will go sideways now at 70mph if you put your foot down in 3rd gear. Can't wait! What I can tell you is the exhaust is un-Godly loud when the car is standing--can't imagine what it will be like under load......

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the chance to drive the CGT for about 250 mi now, and also back to back with the 670SV. Now that the GT is at full power, it is an absolute blast to drive. The feeling through the chassis and the steering is phenomenal. When I get in the 670SV after the GT, the steering in the SV feels so loose and vague. I always thought the SV steered so well before! The SV is much more confidence inspiring from a grip standpoint, and obviously is a ton faster from a dig. But once you get over 100mph, the CGT pulls just as hard if not harder. The sound of the CGT with straight pipes is to die for. I didn't think it would be that much louder than the SV with the iPE system, but it is. I will be filming video of both cars in the next few weeks and I will post them when they're done.

The SV is much easier to drive around town and it's capabilities are easier to access. But for a pure driving experience, the Carrera GT is the best car I've driven in this department. It demands your attention, and if your in the mood to concentrate on extracting it's abilities, it rewards you in spades. Plus, I love that it is a roadster/targa--though you'd never know it from a torsional/flex standpoint. The car feels like it is a solid piece of granite.

I did not think that people would notice the GT as much as the SV, but they definitely seem to command the same attention. The GT was swarmed at the Caffeine and Octane show yesterday even though it was a car down from a new Aventy Roadster. The general public thinks the GT is a new car--they are stunned to find out it is 8 years old. I think that speaks well to the design language that Porsche utilized -- it has kept the car looking current.

Here is a video that a passenger filmed on his phone on our way to the car show. The GT hung surprisingly well with the Aventador Roadster when he pulled on the hwy. Listen at 4:39 of the video for the downshift with the straight pipes......

Carrera GT

I had the tune, awe pipes, and super sport tires and mine was neck and neck with my 600whp GTR.

that video makes me want another!

congrats and enjoy!

Mac, who was your tune from? I might consider doing that in the future! You should get another CGT! I'll even it out for you because my next car will most likely be a MP4 Spider!

Mac, who was your tune from? I might consider doing that in the future! You should get another CGT! I'll even it out for you because my next car will most likely be a MP4 Spider!

Allan knows the owner of EVOMS, they set me up with tune, bmc filter, and straight pipes

awesome, you will love the 12c! just picture a hi-tech version of a CGT!! (the AWE exhaust is a must)

I've had the chance to drive the CGT for about 250 mi now, and also back to back with the 670SV. Now that the GT is at full power, it is an absolute blast to drive. The feeling through the chassis and the steering is phenomenal. When I get in the 670SV after the GT, the steering in the SV feels so loose and vague. I always thought the SV steered so well before! The SV is much more confidence inspiring from a grip standpoint, and obviously is a ton faster from a dig. But once you get over 100mph, the CGT pulls just as hard if not harder. The sound of the CGT with straight pipes is to die for. I didn't think it would be that much louder than the SV with the iPE system, but it is. I will be filming video of both cars in the next few weeks and I will post them when they're done.

The SV is much easier to drive around town and it's capabilities are easier to access. But for a pure driving experience, the Carrera GT is the best car I've driven in this department. It demands your attention, and if your in the mood to concentrate on extracting it's abilities, it rewards you in spades. Plus, I love that it is a roadster/targa--though you'd never know it from a torsional/flex standpoint. The car feels like it is a solid piece of granite.

I did not think that people would notice the GT as much as the SV, but they definitely seem to command the same attention. The GT was swarmed at the Caffeine and Octane show yesterday even though it was a car down from a new Aventy Roadster. The general public thinks the GT is a new car--they are stunned to find out it is 8 years old. I think that speaks well to the design language that Porsche utilized -- it has kept the car looking current.

Here is a video that a passenger filmed on his phone on our way to the car show. The GT hung surprisingly well with the Aventador Roadster when he pulled on the hwy. Listen at 4:39 of the video for the downshift with the straight pipes......

Carrera GT

Awesome write up! Im confused by your comment though that you hung with a Aventador Suprisingly well.. Looked to me, like he got on it first and you still realed him in easily? That to me means more like you smoked the Aventador.

Haha Allan!! This is LP, so I was trying to be politically correct!! The aventador owner said he "must have been in the wrong gear" so I gave him the benefit of the doubt!! :D

Awesome write up! Im confused by your comment though that you hung with a Aventador Suprisingly well.. Looked to me, like he got on it first and you still realed him in easily? That to me means more like you smoked the Aventador.

After driving an Aventador roadster and being a passenger in Websters CGT, the CGT is faster but I find it hard to believe it is that much faster.

Driver must of fucked up somewhere, (not fully on it, wrong gear, shifting early) this can't be right.....

I had the pleasure of riding behind this car for a while yesterday. Not many words to describe it other than ear-shattering. Even standing behind the car while he revved it my ears were ringing at under 4k RPMs. Hands down louder than his SV, which is scary to think about...

Haha Allan!! This is LP, so I was trying to be politically correct!! The aventador owner said he "must have been in the wrong gear" so I gave him the benefit of the doubt!! :D

Haha.. I love your CGT! Im trying hard to get one! I like the Aventador... But today both cars at 400K... 10 yrs from now Aventador at 200K... CGT at 800-1,000,0000!

Carrera GT

excellent write up. love to hear opinions from someone actually owning the cars! thank you.

all the attention for the CGT was probably due to the surprise that a Boxster was allowed in the car park ? :eek3dance: