Murcielago Seat Height Adjustment

synhawk

Hi All,

I have a quick question, are the seats in the Murci height adjustable (up/down vertically)? I've been thinking of looking for an 02-04 car (3 pedal), and my (significantly) better-half is quite petite but also an enthusiast driver, so I want to make sure she'll be able to get a good driving position. There aren't any early-years on lots around here, only a few late model LP640s, and I'm not sure if anything changed in the seat department, but I haven't gone to look at the local cars yet (well out of my price range anyway).

I did spend some time in a green 02 or 03 a long time ago, and loved it, but was a single man then and could have cared less if the seat was height adjustable at the time as I am 6-2 and fit no problems.

Thanks all :icon_thumleft:

Hi All,

I have a quick question, are the seats in the Murci height adjustable (up/down vertically)? I've been thinking of looking for an 02-04 car (3 pedal), and my (significantly) better-half is quite petite but also an enthusiast driver, so I want to make sure she'll be able to get a good driving position. There aren't any early-years on lots around here, only a few late model LP640s, and I'm not sure if anything changed in the seat department, but I haven't gone to look at the local cars yet (well out of my price range anyway).

I did spend some time in a green 02 or 03 a long time ago, and loved it, but was a single man then and could have cared less if the seat was height adjustable at the time as I am 6-2 and fit no problems.

No they aren't adjustable vertically, only incline. I've seen one-off rails produced to accommodate taller drivers but nothing adjustable.

On a related note I am surprised at how many tall guys can drive Gs. I've been wanting to buy a Performante for some time but with the top down the windshield edge is directly at my sightline and I'm only 6'.

Thanks Porter. My wife is 5 foot even so it is going to be close to say the least in terms of fitment without a seat insert (I floated this idea RE: another brand of car that shall remain nameless but had CF seats that were not height adjustable, and I got a death-stare from her). Maybe we'll hit up the local dealer with the LP640 in stock and see if I can get her into the seat, although I don't have a lot of hope.

See guys, this is what happens when you let your woman drive your cars, next thing you know she'll be wanting to golfing with you :icon_mrgreen:

On the topic of G-cars, I don't fit real well into them myself, I'm 6-2 200lbs and it seems a bit tight for me, maybe it is just the way the interiors are designed. I seem to fit much better in 360/430.

Why does she need to see anything lol.

Seriously, i bet she will never drive it or sit in it. However, they want to have a say in everything.

I'm single and probly remain so for my benefit lol

LOL, believe me when I say she will want to drive it and is hell on wheels :icon_mrgreen:

If you are smoked by a woman in a 997.2 C2S or a modified C6 Z 0 6 at a light in Newport or Irvine CA, that is likely my wife :icon_super:

I have corrupted her at this point, there is no going back! The good news is, she is highly supportive of my car habit.

Why does she need to see anything lol.

Seriously, i bet she will never drive it or sit in it. However, they want to have a say in everything.

I'm single and probly remain so for my benefit lol

The Murcie isn't really a female friendly driving car anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if after purchase she doesn't use it often. The MYs you're looking at steer like a truck and the vehicles are pretty large for females. Your money and all however my experience is females gravitate towards R8s, Gs, 911s, etc. and don't love the larger V12 cars. GL regardless, let us know how it goes.

Thanks Porter. My wife is 5 foot even so it is going to be close to say the least in terms of fitment without a seat insert (I floated this idea RE: another brand of car that shall remain nameless but had CF seats that were not height adjustable, and I got a death-stare from her). Maybe we'll hit up the local dealer with the LP640 in stock and see if I can get her into the seat, although I don't have a lot of hope.

See guys, this is what happens when you let your woman drive your cars, next thing you know she'll be wanting to golfing with you :icon_mrgreen:

On the topic of G-cars, I don't fit real well into them myself, I'm 6-2 200lbs and it seems a bit tight for me, maybe it is just the way the interiors are designed. I seem to fit much better in 360/430.

My friends wife is 5'1" and she drives the Murci all the time.. i don't think 5' tall should be a problem.

Hi All,

We took the seat out of our '03 and added some washers all the way around. Height problem solved.

We took the seat out of our '03 and added some washers all the way around. Height problem solved.

Have done similar, and EVEN added rubber grommets which make a WORLD of difference in comfort, as now you have some 'shock absorbers' when your going over expansion joints, undulating surfaces, etc. But you will need longer bolts the more washers you use.

If you do not feel like doing the work yourself, Lambo Newport Beach has done a variety of seat mods for Murci and Diablo customers to make the car fit their comfort better.... Jeff at LNB is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the oposite situation, I have to drive hunched over and after a few hours get a pretty sore neck. Not bitching tho, comes with the territory, but def seems Lamborghini built it for drivers around the 5'7 range. OP's a nice guy, I would never let my wife drive the Murci, but hey if you found a gear head who understands. I just know if I let her drive it she'd pull up the driveway or into a parking lot head on and say oops and not give a shit.

On a related note I am surprised at how many tall guys can drive Gs. I've been wanting to buy a Performante for some time but with the top down the windshield edge is directly at my sightline and I'm only 6'.

I KNOW!! It's annoying and I didn't even notice during the test drive. I thought for sure my gallardo would have the same seat height as my R8 or even similar to my Murcie but it's way too high.. Anyone know a fix?

• 2 years later...

Old thread, but I didn't see anyone mention a big limitation with this approach. On my 2004, I wanted to raise the passenger seat so my 5' g/f could have a better seating position. I bought the longer bolts (which have to have very low profile heads, think button heads, or the rails will hit on them -- also something not mentioned in this thread), and I used 2 large nuts to make up the height. I couldn't go more than 2 nuts, or about an inch before the headrest is hitting the ceiling.

This means there's very little height adjustment possible on the 04 style seats regardless of what screws and washers or grommets or seat rail mods you try, unless you mod the seat's headrest as well.

Old thread, but I didn't see anyone mention a big limitation with this approach. On my 2004, I wanted to raise the passenger seat so my 5' g/f could have a better seating position. I bought the longer bolts (which have to have very low profile heads, think button heads, or the rails will hit on them -- also something not mentioned in this thread), and I used 2 large nuts to make up the height. I couldn't go more than 2 nuts, or about an inch before the headrest is hitting the ceiling.

This means there's very little height adjustment possible on the 04 style seats regardless of what screws and washers or grommets or seat rail mods you try, unless you mod the seat's headrest as well.

Or if you own a roadster like me, and there is PLENTY more room :) (even with the top on. So yeah, not everyone has a coupe ;)

Yes, I mentioned the same issue in another post when I bought my Murci about potentially using some spacers, but didn't get to it yet. You are correct about the limitation with the set hitting the roof too with spacers as you can only go so tall. At 5'5" I find it very difficult to see out the windshield at a comfort level to see the street. But I am happy using a small couch pillow, which actually works perfect (although it ain't green!). It is interesting how much space there is in the Murci because the problem with a lot of exotics is the lack of height space. I get in my Murci and look above, and there is a ton of room in there.

Yes, I mentioned the same issue in another post when I bought my Murci about potentially using some spacers, but didn't get to it yet. You are correct about the limitation with the set hitting the roof too with spacers as you can only go so tall. At 5'5" I find it very difficult to see out the windshield at a comfort level to see the street. But I am happy using a small couch pillow, which actually works perfect (although it ain't green!). It is interesting how much space there is in the Murci because the problem with a lot of exotics is the lack of height space. I get in my Murci and look above, and there is a ton of room in there.

If I were you, I would have a custom rectangular pillow made in the same shape and color leather to leave on top of the seat. The seat design already looks like it's a separate cushion and the seat bolster are so high to hold the cushion in place, it would look very stock.

That was my next plan, but with 1" increase and my custom mod to lower the profile of the wiper, it was enough for my short passengers.

• 3 months later...

I've been concerned about this too... Anyone on here around 5'6" and can comment on how comfortable the murci is to drive? It seems like the seat is very low and it might be difficult to see over the wheel.

I haven't yet had a chance to sit in one but I intend to buy one soon (as long as I can see over the wheel!)

I've been concerned about this too... Anyone on here around 5'6" and can comment on how comfortable the murci is to drive? It seems like the seat is very low and it might be difficult to see over the wheel.

I haven't yet had a chance to sit in one but I intend to buy one soon (as long as I can see over the wheel!)

I'm 5.6 - 7 and have no problem with a Murci coupe, have driven pre lp and own an lp not sure if the seats in roadster are different though?

I am about 5'5" and still use my reliable mini couch throw pillow which works perfect right between the seat bolsters. I could drive it without it, but that extra inch or so makes it much more enjoyable..."that's what she said". Go with the pillow and get your car, don't let that that alone stop you from getting one.