Thrust mode

2rsky

How many times have you used thrust mode? And how many miles do you have? I have roughly 850 miles, mostly cause I'm out of town so often. My rear diff took a dive on me and the factory informed my tech that my computer logged 7 thrust mode uses and to ease off of it. Anyone else over use the thrust often?

I never used it in my car, but at a runway event I saw 3 cars do it repeatedly 7-8 times on their runs with no problems. No idea on longevity, but one of the cars had 15k miles on it and the owner says he uses it all the time.

when you do use it, does the car wheel hop?

How many times have you used thrust mode? And how many miles do you have? I have roughly 850 miles, mostly cause I'm out of town so often. My rear diff took a dive on me and the factory informed my tech that my computer logged 7 thrust mode uses and to ease off of it. Anyone else over use the thrust often?

amazing how the car comes with it, but factory recommends easing off.. Maybe it is because the car has such low miles. Being the car hasn't been broken in quite yet. As well, if your gear oil's are not up to temp and the gears aren't coated with oil could be an issue.

Basically if you are pulling out of the garage and using thrust mode within the first 20 minutes of operation the gear oils are not warm enough. It's crazy, but in my 02 murci 6 speed manual, gear shifting is more stiff and clunky until the gears and oil warm up. Once the car is warmed up it slips right into gear and less effort.

I am sure all lambos feel this way, so I wouldn't doubt the rear end gears are not much different than the trans.

I never had the car do thrust mode while cold. It's been warmed up each and every time. Perhaps it is due to my car not having enough miles.

Fiske- I felt it hop once and got off it immediately. Perhaps I was to late? Once I get It back I'm going to try and put more miles, at least 500, on it before I do it again.

I never had the car do thrust mode while cold. It's been warmed up each and every time. Perhaps it is due to my car not having enough miles.

Fiske- I felt it hop once and got off it immediately. Perhaps I was to late? Once I get It back I'm going to try and put more miles, at least 500, on it before I do it again.

I've used it a hand full of times. It actually kind of scares me because it's so violent. I would think it has to be tough on the car. The LP640s could only be launched if you had the sequence of button pushes given to you by the dealership. I heard of several LP640S RIPPING THEIR AXELS OUT.

My question is, why would Lambo add it as a feature, even go as far as having the car tell you that you "Thrust mode possible" if they are saying it's not good to do it?

I've used it a hand full of times. It actually kind of scares me because it's so violent. I would think it has to be tough on the car. The LP640s could only be launched if you had the sequence of button pushes given to you by the dealership. I heard of several LP640S RIPPING THEIR AXELS OUT.

My question is, why would Lambo add it as a feature, even go as far as having the car tell you that you "Thrust mode possible" if they are saying it's not good to do it?

That's like a girls saying "oh I'm so wet" but don't touch me!

I'd wait until the car has at least 1200 miles under it's belt...for a lot of cars that's a good number. Also make sure the car gets regular use (a few times a week if possible). If you drive the car once every few weeks, things have time to sit, get stiff, and settle as opposed to more frequent use which keeps things more "game ready". Think of it like working out. If you work out really hard once a month you're more prone to injury vs. if you get more frequent workouts in.

At the Esperienza, the Aventadors seemed to heat up their clutches quickly even without using thrust mode. Just repeated runs from standing start.

I did launch mode a few times in my VI Lp640 and it wasnt complicated. It was pretty much exactly like the Gallardos and Aventador. I also launched my first VI Aventador a few times, and it handled it fine.

perhaps more miles first. As soon as I get the car back, I'm going to put some good miles in and hopefully the parts will be ready for the speed!

• 4 weeks later...
I've used it on stock Gs a few times and it was fine. makes a little smoke...

skip to 1:45

Have you tried it in your current car with the TT setup?

Have you tried it in your current car with the TT setup?

No, but I probably will race someone from a dig and try it.

I have launched mine about 20 times with no issues (on boost), but I have billet differentials, something the factory should have done.

Because everyone needs billet differentials :rolleyes:

And i'm sure those aren't cost effective ;)

Because everyone needs billet differentials :rolleyes:

And i'm sure those aren't cost effective ;)

If they launch them, even without turbo's, they need them. There are a lot of STOCK differentials that have broken (NON turbo Aventador's), as to why that was one of the first things we had made.

Just got back from Porsche Sport Driving School (two day Performance) at Barber.

They let us do two launches on a 2012 911 Turbo. They rotated between two cars - after 10 launches they'd switch. A total of thirty people in groups of 5 - two launches each, plus the instructor doing a demo launch first = 66 launches / 2 cars = 33 launches per car per day.

These cars hold up incredibly well, and of course are maintained incredibly well. They claim Porsche is the only manufacturer that doesn't put a recommended restriction on launch use/frequency.

I have never launched my lambo and don't intend to. It was a blast in someone else's car :eek3dance: