Diablo Roadster vs Murcie LP 640 Roadster, any thoughts

Night Life

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a G

or a lotus esprit V8! i love those!!! :)

Emilio I swear you and I think exactly alike all the time.

Couple of days ago a 2002 silver lotus esprit twin turbo came in my cross hairs, I have been debating pulling th trigger as I always loved those cars as well.

If and when I get a second exotic I do not want it to compete with my affection for my DR if that makes sense lol so it has to be great but not excellent. I fear with the G spider will be to close and I will like it more :monkeyleft: so to be fair to my DR I must get something that is more of my summer daily exotic driver. I do not want to loose my passion for my Roadster, I think the Lotus fits perfect in that realm.

It has the looks, classic mind you but like the Diablo easily recognizable as such. The twin turbo has plenty of go go and a decent exhaust note, along with the never getting bored of the turbo pops "pheeewss pheeewss" :)

The other great thing is that it is half the price of the G, hell it is the lowest in price overall. Not that price is an issue but as you might be able to tell I do not really know what I want, all I know is I want another exotic to replace my Porsche Roadster that I have owned for 10 years. So in that case cheaper is better just to wet my appetite for now,

Until I can get my hands on a Aventador Roadster that is :icon_mrgreen: still out of my range (for now :()

So stay tuned , I'll probably change my mind again ha ha ha

lotus_esprit.jpg

do it!

the 4 cilinder esprit are very light and nimble, still not slow at all!

if you can find a nice V8 esprit it is a great car

with few mods probably as quick as the diablo and with nice handling

if you go +1; then forget about those u mentioned

F355 manual, red, with cream interior; with a Corsa exhaust on it (will try find the youtube video of one)

I can tell you I never wanted a G. I was pretty sold on a Murci. Then a good deal popped up on a TTG spyder that I couldn't pass up. I couldn't be happier. It is so easy to drive. I could totally see daily driving this thing.

The esprit is an amazing car for the $. They hold their value exceptionally well. Not very many made.. I would go for it.

i had a grey esprit v8 and a red ferrari 355 gts.,Both nice cars

I had an s4s esprit and 355 coupe. Esprit is defiantly a nice car, the later models are slightly better built [similar to Diablo I guess lol] but the nicest Esprit for me, is the Sport 300

The later sport 350 is nice too.

image.jpg

Esprit TTV8 ftw! I love those cars!

:iamwithstupid:

Back then...almost picked up an anniversary orange. That color looked awesome!

The Esprit is a sweet car!!!! I would put one in my garage in a heart beat!!!!

So many choices makes it hard to pick one....half the fun is the chase for the right car. Good luck Night Life!!!!!

do it!

the 4 cilinder esprit are very light and nimble, still not slow at all!

if you can find a nice V8 esprit it is a great car

with few mods probably as quick as the diablo and with nice handling

My S4s (EU spec) - owned it since new, multiple state and national concours winner, "invisible" mods so not to affect concours points - 4sec 0-100kph and top speed 307kph in the Cannonball. All GPS confirmed.

post-1512-1381227558_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1381227588_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1381227620_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1381227646_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.

Lots of photos here:

http://98octanephotography.com/lotus_esprit_gt300_gt2.html

5 factory built endurance racers, this is the only surviving one. I restored it to museum condition. It won the overall Lotus concours down here.

In race mode - 550bhp and 917kg, all carbon fibre.

Ohhh yeahh!! I think it takes a certain type of 'car person' to realise the allure of an Esprit...... but to have what you have got.... you are a true aficionado!

I'll be in OZ in Dec/Jan - we were supposed to be just in Gold Coast and Sydney but can I come down to Vic and see your cars? :-)

Ohhh yeahh!! I think it takes a certain type of 'car person' to realise the allure of an Esprit...... but to have what you have got.... you are a true aficionado!

I'll be in OZ in Dec/Jan - we were supposed to be just in Gold Coast and Sydney but can I come down to Vic and see your cars? :-)

Zack, you are always welcome in my house :)

Wow...those are amazing pair of Esprits. Can't imagine how that race-prepped Esprit drives...sounds like it would be an adrenaline rush! Very cool.

I heard how you rubbed yourself all over it while I was helpless in hospital :P

I only trashed an Esprit once but that was green :icon_mrgreen: