Kerplop

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kerplop where do you live my friend?

Every time you post a photo it looks like it's either raining, snowing, cold, dark and gloomy, do you guys see the sun there? :icon_mrgreen:

I like your truck, can't wait to see the motor back in the Lambo.

Kerplop where do you live my friend?

Every time you post a photo it looks like it's either raining, snowing, cold, dark and gloomy, do you guys see the sun there? :icon_mrgreen:

I like your truck, can't wait to see the motor back in the Lambo.

Central Oregon. In the summer it's beautiful. In the winter it ranges from rain, to snow, to freezing rain, freezing fog, non-freezing fog, and a wide range of shitty drivers in it :P

Central Oregon. In the summer it's beautiful. In the winter it ranges from rain, to snow, to freezing rain, freezing fog, non-freezing fog, and a wide range of shitty drivers in it :P

Ok your next challenge is to post some pictures in the sun :lol2:

Ok your next challenge is to post some pictures in the sun :lol2:

Do sunspot pictures through a light filter count? :lol2:

IMG_1877.jpg

Do sunspot pictures through a light filter count? :lol2:

IMG_1877.jpg

Sorry for the OT but you know what? The colour of your filtered sun would look awesome on an Aventador SV! :icon_mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

Valve guides and seals dropped off. Custom valves being made as we speak at Manley Performance. Block casings are turning out gorgeous and are nearly done being cleaned up. Need to replace some of the crap that has some surface rust, but the rest looks fcuking fantastic.

Here's some before and after of the engine progressing.

LUBQFql.jpg

4eouReI.jpg

nYli79T.jpg

msRymvZ.jpg

QIgNols.jpg

JW5ppkJ.jpg

qy1vU8p.jpg

xcXfOkl.jpg

6nJyXFO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Machinist let me know there is more progress on the block and cylinders. It sounds like it'll be a basic hone job. If it is, the bore diameter should stay the same. I can't order cometic gaskets until I know, but I'm not far from knowing. COMING TOGETHER.

Manley Performance called me today to get the green light on machining the valves and will be here in a couple weeks.

A certain member here sent me a digital clock from his countach to fix for him, so this weekend I'm going to try and fix that for his countach for shits and giggles because it sounded fun and then work on the jalpa. But for now, I'm at the lounge smoking a nice cigar and relaxing. It's been a productive, happy and healthy week for me.

Well, not directly related to the Jalpa. I successfully repaired the Veglia clock for our fellow member. Went from flashing and not working to working once more :) Hurrah for Countach things.

1743445_10153308672871744_8742882524714159605_n.jpg

1915078_10153308791101744_2827947717836117920_n.jpg

I am dying for updates, hurry up! :icon_mrgreen:

Well, the valves from manley were billed today :) They'll be here in a few weeks so that's nice. Gonna work on the Jalpa a bit tomorrow. Will post more updates soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I'm getting pretty excited. JE contacted for pistons, reached out to borla to order the throttle bodies. I'm heavily conflicted on whether or not I want to go with MS3 or AEM Infinity for engine management. Part of me deeply wants to go with MS3 since I'm already familiar with MS. The other part of me says "fcuk that, go with AEM."

So conflicted.

That said... more parts on the way, more things coming together. Will post more soon. Long week for me and I feel like crap.

Borla Induction has finished coming up with the components for a "kit" (best we can anyway) and I will get the quote back today. Super stoked. Still debating if I wanna purchase an MS3 or if I want to go the route of AEM. I dunno...

Pros of MS3:

- I already understand megasquirt

- The resolution is 16x16 for the VE

- It's good for .1% increment increases... if I want

- MS1 was 100rpm change, this is good for 1rpm changes

- Already wired up to support coil on plug and logical ignition changes

- Components are a fraction of AEM, lots and lots of mods for it. I already have experience with it.

Pros of AEM:

- All of the above and really good customer support

Cons of MS3:

- The support = post on forums and people go, "You retard, did you do xyz? You didn't? well you're an idiot." (product support is good... tuning support is not)

- No one has done a Lamborghini on MS as far as I know, so I'm going into this blind.

Cons of AEM:

- The parts are far more expensive, although product and tuning support is out of this world good.

- I am still flying blind because to my knowledge, there are no known maps or beginning points for AEM on a Jalpa.

- I'm kind of stuck using AEM products. I can make my MS3 work with almost anything.

Shit is getting serious quick. These are big decisions for me.

Megasquirt 3

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasqu...t-w-black-case/

AEM Infinity

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/...u/infinity-6-8h

I would go with what you're the most comfortable tuning with.

That would definitely be megasquirt. On top of this... I already have the tuning software and a dedicated laptop for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Delicious, shiny goodies.

1.jpg

12985509_10153376791756744_4698345372757390791_n.jpg

12990897_10153376792246744_3595115738769827038_n.jpg

Deeper down the rabbit hole we go.

fuckyeah.png