Devel Sixteen - 5,000hp V16 Hypercar

Vahid

@ 300 mph you wouldn't have to worry about it. It would be 1/2 mile behind you

:lol: :lol:

The best way to make it look more believable would be to give it flames out the back and guns popping out of the roof. If it transforms into a robot or a jet, great, so long as it didn't turn into a submarine, a robot dinosaur, or a tank since that market would be too narrow.

• 2 years later...

:shock:

So it's real? I don't know about 3K horsepower. I mean, it's possible, but the fact that there is an engine for this car is impressive. The whole time I thought they were full of it.

3000hp is lot, too much but it's still not 5000. Bullshit is bullshit no matter what.

It did 3k on pump, maxed out the dyno at 4500 on race gas. That motor will make 5 grand. With 750ci and 4 80mm turbos it damn well should.

:shock:

I've been fortunate enough to see this thing in person as watch as it's been developed and I assure you, this video doesn't do the engine justice. It's gorgeous in person and i couldn't be more excited for the guys in the shop to finally let the cat out of the bag.

I've been fortunate enough to see this thing in person as watch as it's been developed and I assure you, this video doesn't do the engine justice. It's gorgeous in person and i couldn't be more excited for the guys in the shop to finally let the cat out of the bag.

A new crate for D. Wiggs?

So the engine appears real, though it looks something Jay Leno could have built in his shop. Got a one off patina, looks crude.

Where's the chassis that can handle 3000 to 5000 hp and will it still have city size sewage pipes for exhausts?

I am assuming it's RWD.

Have they upgraded the 92 Honda Civic brakes? Looks like a winner.

So the engine appears real, though it looks something Jay Leno could have built in his shop. Got a one off patina.

Where's the chassis that can handle 3000 to 5000 hp and will it still have city size sewage pipes for exhausts?

I am assuming it's RWD.

Have they upgraded the 92 Honda Civic brakes? Looks like a winner.

I should clarify, my observation was on the power plant only. I can't speak of the car or the chassis.

I should clarify, my observation was on the power plant only. I can't speak of the car or the chassis.

It was clear you only vouched for the engine.

It was clear you only vouched for the engine.

What's everything look like downstream of the engine? What kind of trans can handle 5000hp?

What's everything look like downstream of the engine? What kind of trans can handle 5000hp?

I haven't seen anything about the trans, and I can't recall off the top of my head. I'll ask for you next time I'm in the shop.

$1.5 mill and there are several hard right angles in the exhaust?!? really?!? I too am skeptical about the 5000hp goal.

Nothing against the shop building the engine but having a small shop like that build an engine for a 1.5 mill "hypercar" doesn't seem right. IMO it makes it more of a kit car than a hypercar. When Pagani first came out they did it right by having AMG build the engine. This Devel brand will never be an exotic car contender just an overpriced kit car.

Nothing against the shop building the engine but having a small shop like that build an engine for a 1.5 mill "hypercar" doesn't seem right. IMO it makes it more of a kit car than a hypercar. When Pagani first came out they did it right by having AMG build the engine. This Devel brand will never be an exotic car contender just an overpriced kit car.

I don't necessarily agree. Some of the best offshore racing powerboat engines are built by tiny (well qualified) shops. If it's good enough for multi million dollar race boats, then why not for a car?

A planetary trans would hold the power but have you ever driven one? It will make a first gen e-gear feel smooth and refined.

No I never have.

I wouldnt knock a shop like this. They build engines for cars that cost probably 4-500k to build. Sure they are no exotics. But I know of no exotic that is truly a drivable streetcar at 2000hp or above.

Engine is certainly a nice piece, but really has no place in anything other than a funny car or Land Speed car. There are zero circumstances where you could use even the pump gas setting on public roads other than doing burnouts. RWD with 5,000 hp and none of the required safety equipment for the track or a top speed event makes it a nice paperweight. Even on a private closed track you'd have to be nuts to try to handle that thing without a full rated cage and all the accompanying gear.

Imho this or tom nelson building huge power out of tt billet ls block is very respectable, but it does not tell anything about the quality of an actual car where it is put because it wont be same builder.