Buyer beware! ZHWUC1ZD1CLA00980

donzikid

This Aventador ZHWUC1ZD1CLA00980 has been for sale on ebay a few times and has an accident history. The VIN has been BLOCKED by Lamborghini, meaning that it can NEVER be serviced nor worked on at any Lamborghini dealer in the world! Also if any module in the car ever fails, Lamborghini will never allow a replacement to be programmed to work in that car with that VIN number. Not even a spare key can be ordered nor programmed to work in this car. Buyer beware!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just checked on ebay, apparently it looks to be the same car. theres no vin on the dupont ad but everything else looks to match up

Yes, we talked about this car before....we said that it was the cheapest Aventador out there...then people pointed out that it is a wrecked car...

We were saying how can the seller just park the car outside....now we know.

If the seller lower the price down to $100K....someone will buy it just so they can say...they have an Aventador.

There is some much scam on the v12 Lambos. Just amazing all the bs thrown around. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of wrecked ones for crooks to make money on

If it is the right price and repaired properly, it has to be worth something. I don't understand the whole "Lamborghini will not sell a part for it" line. That makes no sense and I cannot imagine it is legal to do so. A carbon monocoque is very tough and this looks like, from the couple pictures I saw, that it didn't hit the passenger compartment so new front clip and it should be alright. That is what I actually find the most interesting thing about these new monocoque cars, it is like a race car, you front or rear end it and you just replace the stuff bolted to the frame and you begin to rock and roll again. Heck, they will crash race cars like this and put them back together and race them, right?

i can't understand too why there will be no Lambo assistence fot that car! Are you talking about the warranty?

If i'm the owner and i pay, i can't understand why a Lambo service can't fix my car. :eusa_think:

This Aventador ZHWUC1ZD1CLA00980 has been for sale on ebay a few times and has an accident history. The VIN has been BLOCKED by Lamborghini, meaning that it can NEVER be serviced nor worked on at any Lamborghini dealer in the world! Also if any module in the car ever fails, Lamborghini will never allow a replacement to be programmed to work in that car with that VIN number. Not even a spare key can be ordered nor programmed to work in this car. Buyer beware!

Make sure that you're 1000% sure about this kind of statement as the owner is an attorney who is sue happy. If you're not correct about your statement, it could end up being a problem for you.

Why wouldn't Lambo sell parts/keys for that car? That makes no sense.

It's more about the monocoque. Lamborghini will not assist in repairing a damaged CF tub car if they believe the car can not be returned to a safe standard. Remember, Lambo has three flying doctors they fly around the world to fix the cars...it's the doctors call. This is in regards to the CF components though, I'm sure they will still sell you a headlight or two lol.

They have obviously sold parts for it, it is reassembled from what I have read. I think they would have a hard time voiding the power train warranty on the car though as it seems it was hardly involved. The CF tub looks like it may have sustained some damage, but it didn't look horrible. We break carbon fiber bicycles in half and have them repaired and the carbon you have there is mil's thick, nothing like this. Didn't seem to damage the A pillar, but the windshield shattering like that makes you wonder. A pillar shouldn't be that big of a deal since this is the same tub the roadster uses.

I am going to guess that that monocoque is the source of the problem. Too bad.

Make sure that you're 1000% sure about this kind of statement as the owner is an attorney who is sue happy. If you're not correct about your statement, it could end up being a problem for you.

if the current owner is "shazam" im pretty sure he is on here. We had a post in the Grand Giro thread from an Aventador4 that states his location is LA.

if the current owner is "shazam" im pretty sure he is on here. We had a post in the Grand Giro thread from an Aventador4 that states his location is LA.

so maybe the new york car owner consigned it to a dealer in louisiana who is also a lawyer? too many brain cells rubbing together for me.

If you're not on Reddit, you may not understand this meme, but…

phglq.jpg

I think it's backwards? Awkward is 5000$ house. Awesome is the cars.

I like the S7 with no headlight covers.

I welcome ANYONE to call any Lamborghini dealer, give them the VIN number and try to order ANY part for it.

I know as I tried. " VIN BLOCKED" by Lamborghini corporate. Dealers are forbidden to touch the car.

If you're not on Reddit, you may not understand this meme, but…

post-10945-1383866493.jpg

Hhaaha,

But yeah, Assman is right, blue is the awkward, red is the awesome, so you do have it backwards. I'm confused by the picture myself.

Lamborghini is in the business of selling parts for Aventadors. They will sell parts. Even if you did not know this business model, a child can see the car now has new parts on it from Lamborghini. (There can be no old parts since this was the first Aventador available after damage in the US) Many times in slander and defamation cases statements are linked with a measure of truth to add verisimilitude. The foregoing post was no exception. Mclaren, Lamborghini and other carbon fiber Monocoque fabricators do require an inspection of any vehicle before selling structural items. Quality control. Accordingly, all such cars are "blocked" from buying certain parts without inspection. However, the car in question required no structural rail components, so no inspection by Lamborghini "doctors" (if you please) was done. The car simply ran under a high center of gravity jeep, missing the primary frame rails, but hitting the windshield. The damage mechanism in this case did not cause cockpit collapse or intrusion, so no carbon fiber or structural rails were needed. Lamborghini now uses break away bolt studs to hold the control arms. Two of those bolts did their job and broke away. Those studs were obviously replaced, but no suspension was replaced. See photos. The previously posted photos of the superficial damage fail to show the primary frame rails or their connection points (with factory tamper proof markings) so those photos are materially misleading by omission. I will include them together with the cut away view of the frame rail and Monocoque. Although I do not own this car, I personally inspected the structure and integrity of the cockpit and frame rails. I have been court qualified as an expert and testified for Lamborghini on similar issues in the past and have the knowledge to make the inspection. Normally I do not monitor or respond to such chatter, but this post is actually being made in response to an inquiry direct from Italy to me.

IMG_6395.JPG

IMG_6394.JPG

IMG_6361.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

Lamborghini is in the business of selling parts for Aventadors. They will sell parts. Even if you did not know this business model, a child can see the car now has new parts on it from Lamborghini. (There can be no old parts since this was the first Aventador available after damage in the US) Many times in slander and defamation cases statements are linked with a measure of truth to add verisimilitude. The foregoing post was no exception. Mclaren, Lamborghini and other carbon fiber Monocoque fabricators do require an inspection of any vehicle before selling structural items. Quality control. Accordingly, all such cars are "blocked" from buying certain parts without inspection. However, the car in question required no structural rail components, so no inspection by Lamborghini "doctors" (if you please) was done. The car simply ran under a high center of gravity jeep, missing the primary frame rails, but hitting the windshield. The damage mechanism in this case did not cause cockpit collapse or intrusion, so no carbon fiber or structural rails were needed. Lamborghini now uses break away bolt studs to hold the control arms. Two of those bolts did their job and broke away. Those studs were obviously replaced, but no suspension was replaced. See photos. The previously posted photos of the superficial damage fail to show the primary frame rails or their connection points (with factory tamper proof markings) so those photos are materially misleading by omission. I will include them together with the cut away view of the frame rail and Monocoque. Although I do not own this car, I personally inspected the structure and integrity of the cockpit and frame rails. I have been court qualified as an expert and testified for Lamborghini on similar issues in the past and have the knowledge to make the inspection. Normally I do not monitor or respond to such chatter, but this post is actually being made in response to an inquiry direct from Italy to me.

Everyone, say hello to Mr. Lee AKA "SHAZAM!"