Forget Lamborghini's Teaser videos...

FikseSTS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:iamwithstupid: 6:59.99. Asscelerator in 3..2..1.

They already confirmed at least 111 mph average to Top Gear Magazine.

That's 6'55 at most. I'm guessing quite a bit less than that, but the vid is well done.

That slide was epic

The time is out there, but unfortunately, unless Ferrari releases a time, I don't think the public will ever hear it

So basically this is the automotive equivalent of two guys arguing about who has the biggest dick in the world. They both claim it but are scared of shrinkage. They just stand there facing each other waiting for the other guy to whip it out first so they can get an idea of what they're up against. Now I get it.

Great video!!! .... Till the end and then they blew it.

I enjoyed the first 95% very much. Well done!

The ring time means nothing to me so I won't comment other than to say that McLaren is as good at making themselves look bad as they are at buildings cars. That is a very high compliment to their ability to build amazing cars.

The time is out there, but unfortunately, unless Ferrari releases a time, I don't think the public will ever hear it

Ever is a stretch I feel

You don't make a video like this and talk about how this car will be so amazing and XYZ and not state your time.

It will come and I'm guessing much sooner, rather then later

So basically this is the automotive equivalent of two guys arguing about who has the biggest dick in the world. They both claim it but are scared of shrinkage. They just stand there facing each other waiting for the other guy to whip it out first so they can get an idea of what they're up against. Now I get it.

Thanks for the reminder to never be alone in a restroom with you :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the reminder to never be alone in a restroom with you :icon_mrgreen:

Very true. You would wind up being disappointed every time you looked down to piss.

No fallacy in my analogy. You're the one that told ME to "beware the Robkabob." :rolleyes:

From what I was told (and this may be complete BS) the time was such a record breaker they aren't going to list it because people in Ferraris, modded GTR's or even the new P1 will go so far out of their way to try to beat it that they might end up killing themselves in the effort.

From what I was told (and this may be complete BS) the time was such a record breaker they aren't going to list it because people in Ferraris, modded GTR's or even the new P1 will go so far out of their way to try to beat it that they might end up killing themselves in the effort.

That was from a Evo Magasine writer, and Evo has been loaned a MP4-12C by McLaren.

He also brought up Sean Edwards dying in Australia.

Its a BS excuse by a writer in McLarens pocket. Its the equivalent of saying think about the children.

That was from a Evo Magasine writer, and Evo has been loaned a MP4-12C by McLaren.

He also brought up Sean Edwards dying in Australia.

Its a BS excuse by a writer in McLarens pocket. Its the equivalent of saying think about the children.

Agreed. Although the track times mean nothing to me personally.....I am a firm believer in records are meant to be broken

I kind of understand and respect them for not releasing it.

Look back at the BS that was being banded about when the GTR did its ring time, the talk of tyres, of engine tweaking. There was point and counterpoint made by Porsche and Nissan that took away from what we are actually interested in, the cars and the actual engineering.

Every car is tweaked when they test at the ring, even McLaren admit that they did not gloss the carbon fibre inside and they used a lighter paint on the outside- show me a bright coloured car testing at the ring. All companies do it and when you release the time to which as a company you do not want anyone recreating and you do not want the negative speculation with a factor of the buyers really don't give a baboons bottom about the time it makes sense.

McLaren have people talking by asking what time did it do rather than asking what did they do to cut corners.

Dick teasers they may well be but it is clever PR.

The time would be interesting to know simply as a statistic, it makes no difference to me because I know if I buy any of these cars I will NEVER be able to replicate it so it's irrelevant from that point of view.

Nice car, the 918 also shapes up to be an awesome car, I am sure the ThethetheFerrari will also be a nice car if you can stomach the design so as usual when cars are being released majority on the net initially hate them then most turn around and fall in love with them, what's new?

I read a couple weeks ago the time was 6:47. Is this not true?

Edit: Link for reference http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/10/22/McL...e-Ring-7716784/

Sorry if this has already been discussed. 6:47 is Zonda R territory.

Sorry but 6:47 is not the time.

Neither is the newer rumor of "6:33 on slicks" an accurate story, which started circulating yesterday. McLaren have made no attempts to set a lap time on any tires but the Pirellis that were specifically developed for the P1. That 'news' was apparently conveyed by a dealership employee who also mentioned the 6:47 time for the standard rubber.

The lap time is out there if you know who to believe and apply a little bit of inference to the dialogue presented. That's the most I can say publicly.

I don't care so much about the lap time, but after seeing this amazing video yesterday morning I would REALLY love to see every little bit of the footage that was shot. Just incredible...

>8^)

ER

I didn't hear the 6:33 rumor but thank you for clarifying the 6:47 was a false claim. I too would love to see all the footage, the video was put together beautifully. The P1 is such an incredible machine.

According to CarBuzz...

A precise lap time, however, is not forthcoming. Cynics will doubtless suggest the P1 simply failed to beat the Porsche 918’s 6:57 lap time. More likely is that McLaren doesn’t want Ferrari to use the time as a benchmark and beat it with the ThethetheFerrari.

Gay to the max. Release the time and stopping being bitches about it.

In the meanwhile the car looks and sounds AMAZING in that video!

The lap time is out there if you know who to believe and apply a little bit of inference to the dialogue presented. That's the most I can say publicly.

Why? If the lap time is "out there" and can be gleaned from inference, unless you're a McLaren employee, what prevents you from saying anything publicly?

Why? If the lap time is "out there" and can be gleaned from inference, unless you're a McLaren employee, what prevents you from saying anything publicly?

The release of no lap time is tasteless and ridiculous

Is it creating BUZZ yes, but if I was a prospective buyer this would put a bad taste in my mouth.

Lay your cards out on the table and if someone comes and beats you, DO BETTER next time

I ran a Toyota Corrola at the ring, I am not saying I wasn't faster than the P1 I am not saying I was slower, I am going to let you think about it for a while....