IT IS TIME TO BRING THIS UP AGAIN

LPDADDY

I think you'll be fighting a losing battle if you actively pursue ownership proof. Infact I think you'll attract more posers if they think you'll bite.

Just give readers the info they need and they can judge for themselves.

Member = Non owner, or some who hasn't claimed ownership

Non verified owner/expert = Someone who claims ownership or experience but has provided no proof

Owner/Experienced = Someone who has provided proof of either or been vetted by a trusted member

Owners who aren't bothered wont be worried by the non-verified tag. If they are they have a remedy open to them.

Posers on the other hand do it for kicks/kudos. So they will be more worried by the non-verified tag. (Problem with just member tag is it doesn't draw clear attention to the fact you have made claims which you haven't backed up). Your never going to beat the short term posers, but the long term ones will lose credibility pretty fast if they make outlandish claims with that written beneath their name.

Not bad at all.I kind of like it with a variation in the wording.I might just put this up on a poll

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know a lot of poeple are pissed about the recent events of allexwanti, but lets not forget that this site is "The Forum For Lamborghini Enthusiasts."

Not bad at all.I kind of like it with a variation in the wording.I might just put this up on a poll

Yeah, the wording isn't quite correct. But it is 3am for me :)

I like 5to1's idea.

and just wanted to let everyone know that I'm a student and I dont own a car. I only visit the General section of this forum and try to participate in a discussion which in which I might be able to make some contribution. I only have 120+ posts in almost a 8 months., I dont even bother going to the Lambo models section becuase I have no clue about installing a nav system on a G-car for example. The people here are awsome and you guys do make hilarious comments most of the time. :supz:

thank you for reading my shit :mrgreen:

I personally find that the quality of our post have gone down,I find myself logging on at times and i find nothing interesting to read.  

Is it just me???

No its not just you. What's the story here?

Last year, after being on the Big 3 L sites here in the US & even one in Kuwait -

I joined a site for all cars -

I posted a pic of my Jalpa (yes Rakjo, I am an owner - besides being silly too) and IMMEDIATELY I was bombarded with requests for proof that it was mine -

Well. If I was gonna lie, I'd post a pic of a C/T - what I really want

but the type of proof they DEMANDED was mainly a pic of the keys or owners manual sitting on top of your engine -

I sent copies of reg & insurance & explained that I could walk over to to Honda dealer a few doors down & ask to test drive a buncha cars - take the requested pics & claim I owned 50 Honda diesel tractors ( :finga: Ralphie-baby) -

but they still wantet the pics -

sorta insulted me, yet I realized that most of the members were in the late teens & early 20's , sooooo ... (their age is shown under their avatar - sorta neat)

BOTTOM LINE -

voluntary posting of proof - again I think papers vs. pics - as no one 'cept me wants to be seen on the net - or any combination - leave it up to the member -

as has been said - posers, even good ones, slip up... and we ain't tooooo dumb ('cepting for the Limey)

g'nite ya'all -

~T~Inclassable22.gif

This is probably a normal growing pain for the board- i did not really converse with Alexandru, so i don't feel betrayed by him. As others have already said, the difference between owner and non-owner may not mean much in terms of contributions here, and i could conceive of situations where even an owner is basically a troll.

I agree that you don't want to put up too many barriers- or disparage the would-bes as wanna-bes because, who knows? They might be owners sooner than some of us were. You guys were cordial to me when i joined- i guess since i knew a few people from the F board, i was not a total stranger to some- but there is a tone that is struck early on, and often determines whether somebody will stay with a board or find something else on the Internet to amuse them. If somebody really is posing, it usually does come out in the end. :butthead: if you get what i mean....

You might consider there is less "quality" posting because of summertime activities. I log on almost everyday but really haven't had the time to spend in front of the computer for very long. I have accumulated a lot of info and pictures that I will sometime post. But summer is play time, and I have a lot of toys to play with :partyman:

I joined and shortly after saw a picture that someone posted of my Porsche. I claimed the car and was doubted instantly because my forum name here was different than the name I had at the time on other forums. Fortunately, I believe it was Limey, someone here knew who I was and confirmed me. Had I been forced to provide proof I would have walked.

That being said ... I do agree that there should be a special title for those who own and chose to prove, privately, they are an actual owner.

While I do not own a Lambo right now, (I do have a Gallardo being built for me and expect delivery in 4 to 6 weeks), this forum has been very helpful and has kept me satiated while I wait.

I would also like to say ... sometimes it is better to be seen and not heard. ;)

lol Come on guys this is stupid. Contributions by non-owners are far from worthless, unless they attempt to post about driving the cars, etc..

For me part of the fun is listening to clueless wannabes tell me about how the 355 is a better car then a murc or why the new Z is the best car on the planet because it was set to run 0-60 in 1st gear.

I was all over these sites before I bought one.

Just continue calling out the BSers and leave the site open to whoever wants to contribute.

So if Valentino becomes a member (unlikely), are you going to ask for proof of ownership before believing anything he says about Lambos? (To the best of my knowledge, he doesn't actually own a Lambo, so would 'fail' your test)

For feedback, the reason I don't visit/post too often is because I'm in the UK and a lot of the stuff posted here is not relevant; often there is nothing of interest (agree with Aram's comments); too much immature crap and drivel.

Felt like I should add my 2 cents. First off everyone here for any period of times knows that I don't have a Lambo, but I hope that my posts aren't consided worthless. I live by the saying, opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one. This way you don't get your panties in a twist when someone goes against you opinion. I do find it easier to just leave opinion out of it unless asked, such as the 'what do you think of this ....' type threads. I hope these aren't consider worthless posts.

I think that the majority of major contributors on this site know which posters to give credit to. I must admit I don't put as much importance on comments made by someone with 15-20 posts as I do on the 100+ post members. As others have said I think most fakes are found out rather quickly. I think Alexandru did a fantastic, whilst not right, job of making us believe he was an owner.

I don't mind if there are titles for owners etc. but demanding proof of ownershi[ straight up will cause people to wonder whether to bother. I noticed this with ray from Sydney with the VT roadster. Proof was demanded, he produced photos to prove but then hasn't been bothered to return.

I just think to be taken seriously as a non-owner just do a bit of thinking before you post anything.

I am sorry guys. I can not show proof that i DO NOT own a lambo. someone is going to have to go into my garage and see that there is nothing with 12 cylinders in it! :finga:

can I stay?:)

nothing with 12 cylinders in it!

hmmmmmmmm - :-k :-k

how do we know you didn't let Alexandru take it for a test ride just before we came by ?!?!?!?!

sorry -

STILL gonna hafta have the ATF do a surpise raid on ya ta make sure :mrgreen:

~T~Inclassable22.gif

Wow, interesting thread. Not sure how I missed this one in the last few days..

First of all, I own a 99' LS1 Trans Am. Yes, I am an Fbody owner. Im 22, and a Lamborghini of any kind is waaaay out of my price range right now. However, they have been my dream cars since I was four years old, and I GUARANTEE you I am every bit as much an enthusiast as ANY owner on this site. The fact that I dont get seat time in one has nothing to do with that.

^On that note, alot of you who met me on the Jenkinsons run got to see my car, as its in the pictures parked next to several exotics. (and damn am I proud of those shots! lol) :mrgreen:

Anyways, I have been here since the fall. I think my post count shows that I read ALOT more then I post for two reasons.

1. I am well aware of the fact that I am not able to contribute any accurate tech information on any Lamborghini, so I have never once pretended to try. Most of my posts are questions to the guys I look up to around here, comments when I can add input to a conversation, and compliments to the owners of cars I dream about daily.

#2. This forum is one of my favorites, and I wouldnt want to risk losing the respect of guys who welcomed me here and accepted me even though i own an "fbody". I read constantly on this site, and Ill make a post when I have something to say. Thats it. I dont chime in to impress people, and I certainly wouldnt mislead someone about me, my car, or my Lamborghini knowledge because I hope to chill with you guys again and more often. How would I come off if I acted like a hotshot and then showed up in person to a Lamborghini get together??? Id get laughed at and for good reason. Whats the point of that???

In the end, I came here to share my passion for Lamborghinis and to learn as much as possible before I too can be an owner. I hope Im not one of the "new" members that anyone has complained about, and if I am, please PM me ASAP so I know why. I wont take offense or let any of the things said in this thread bother me in the least, unless someone feels that I am one of the "new" guys that are pissing people off here and there.

By the way, thanks to guys like Travis, US/Uk Diablo (Dave) , JimmyJ, The Limey (James), BlackMurci (Rehan), Allan, DoorsUp (Matt) and anyone else (my apologies to all those I missed) whos been cool to an admirer such as myself on this site. You guys are class acts.

I feel kinda finger pointed with the "worthless, imature, agressive ect..." statement :| But well, I do not comment the thread I do not have to comment. I don't post on threads where I can't help or give an opinion because of the lack of knowledge.

About the owner/member verification. Again, new members who claim the ownership are always solicited to post pics of their car, and some new owners members posted by themselve, without anybody ask. I'm sure the Alexandru real story took time to come up because he was one of the first active member, but, one more time, the recent posers such as Paith have been caught quickly.

For the "we have members who post more on another board than our" ... Well, nobody's perfect. Maybe they have great friends, long friends, real life friends on the others boards. For the restaurant comparaison, even if prices where the same in a five stars world class restaurant and McDonald, there are guys who would go to McDonald...

I think the "non-owners" that have posted in this thread have nothing to worry about & shouldn't feel degraded by the mentioned comments -

I'll hafta go back & re-read the whole post, but I don't believe the intention was as harsh as the words portrayed - another disadvantage of the net -"words" can be interpreted in many different ways -

& the "mechanically challanged owners" like myself -

I don't care about the title under my name -

other sites have that -

I don't pass on info to others about stuff I know nothing about, and expect the same from others, but as pointed out - there have been several instances where posers gave bad advice to real owners -

but to an extent, the owner will need to police that type of info himself as even an "owner" can give bad advice just as well -

if someone wants the title under their name -

fine with me -

I like the one I have now (thanx to an unknown mod :supz:)

~T~Inclassable22.gif

I think the forum JabbasWorld or something like that is the worst. If you claim a car, they make you post proof or they ban you. And the 'proof'ing is stupid things 14 y/o boys think of to make you do. And then half the board doesn't even believe you when you post the proof.

I find it easier to claim nothing, start few threads, and to be really selective in the threads I decide to post in. In real life I can usually come up with 1 liners, as I post here sometimes. But, I know not to post them in every thread after every response.

In other forums, there are rules on a persons name, etc., so as to avoid confusion. Maybe we need to limit names here. And yes, when scanning a name or avatar, I make judgements as to them being an owner or not when it has not been established.

I guess I will need to change mine then, I do not own a gallardo and have not posted 'to give the impression' that I do. It actually refers to my being a special undercover FBI agent sent to bust...ohh I'm kidding. It's a nickname from when I was in h/s. But to avoid confusion, if need be, I will change it.

In terms of advice, sometimes I will have some heplfull advice, in general terms, to give. If car related, I will state my advice and why (experience) I believe I may be of help. And remember, alot of mechanic stuff/etc. is universal.

Now, back to the topic at hand, does this mean the photo of Lambochick, her c/t, and Suprawoman showing their rump's may be fake? :shock: Perhaps we need a clothing removed pick. :) And me in one to further authenticate (pun intended).:D/

Jabbas World -

yep -

that was the one that I was talking about that wanted all the proof after I posted the same pic I had put on at least 4 Lambo forums/registers - yet when I suggested a better way of proof - NOPE - gotta have pics that can be faked!!

some good material & people there tho, and some of the info is "borrowed" & posted here -

I haven't been on it for several months -

still think voluntary 'proof' & title -

unless someone starts getting stewpid again -

then, as in 'real life' - call'em out on it!!

not all requests for pics are hostile -

most pic requests I've seen are in excitement over someone getting a new car or mod - i.e. we're proud FOR them, not DEMANDING PROOF OF OWNERSHIP - sorta like -"oh, you had a baby - congrats - let's see pics of him/her"

I can only remember 2-3 times in almost a year's time when the request was more of a "put up or shut up" demand! So hopefully newbies won't get offended by requests.

~T~Paysan.gif

Should we ask for some sort of proof of ownership to prevent disasters like the last one happenning??
I think that if the member wants to have the optional title of "owner" under their name they should be asked for proof. The fact that someone doesn't have "owner" under their name doesn't make them a non owner but if someone is only looking for what they see are credible owner only comments then they can find them easily. I guess my point is that it shouldn't have to be a forced issue.

-mick