IT IS TIME TO BRING THIS UP AGAIN

LPDADDY

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think non-owners and owners should be separated.

I'm an owner and I'd bet that the non-owners know more about the car than I do, other than the driving experience. What knowledge I gained was from trolling around here for a few months before buying.

I will reiterate.NEW MEMBERS as of now.We have a pretty good idea who is what right now.It is by no means an insult to non owners,they are welcome and should not be treated any different than owners.

The frustrating part is to have someone who has no clue and is not an owner giving advice to would be and/or actual owners about specific issues.It ends up being misleading and some cases could be outright dangerous.

I don't think there should be a segregation but i would not be opposed to have all new memberships run past a mod for approval before being given posting privileges.

Where do you draw the line on ownership ?

What happens if you buy an Espada body on cinder blocks ? Is that also considered a Lamborghini owner ?

Really dumb comment Ralph.You know very well where we are coming from

Really nice way to talk to someone.

Are you offended???

Ralph isn't.I know him well and i know he's ribbing me so he's getting some in return :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The way i see it there is no easy solution to this dilemma.I agree that jumping on someone the moment they say they are an owner is not a good welcome.And the last thing i want to see is censorship.

So let's keep talking.Maybe we should set up a poll

I believe that all members of this great forum should be encouraged to declare themselves as owners by the common practice on the board and not by any imposed rules.

Maybe there should be a sticky with the instructions how to declare yourself as an owner and whom to PM regarding that. :?:

That way if any of the new members feels the need or wants to have Owner/Member title under his/hers name and enjoy the full respect and trust from all the other members for any of the advice and opinions he gives out.

They then should be tested by any of the moderators by a special pic request (something like ''Show me the pic of your engine bay and your hand with a thumb up in the same frame'') via PM's to keep it between them. :)

I my self am not an owner and enjoy all parts of this board, but I also like to know whom I'm talking to and like to see where that person is located(roughly of course). Off course I restrain myself from giving any tech advice, and when I will try to offer advice on any subject will try to backup that info with something.

But PLEASE be careful not to alienate any of the members from posting because they are not owners or don't want to be known as such. Because we all know it would lead this board to it's demise. Control of and quality of growth should be very important to you guys to try and make this forum a great future source of information for owners, future owners and fans.

Sorry for this long post :oops: but I would also like to see this board be the BEST Lambo board on-line destroy all others and live up to it's full potential.

THX for giving me your time and reading my opinions. I hope this thread will result in making this board even more hospitable to everyone ;)

Hmmmm Alexandru stoped posting not long after I joined.... hmmmmmm :lol:

Seriously, how long did this kid get away with this?

Does anybody know who the poor fellow with the bad chin in the supposed pictures is?

Well Romandad said something true. He is quite new and he feels like we are testing him a lot about the potential ownership, even if from the beginning he said he wasn't owner yet, but will probably be in few monthes. Paith have been owned quickly. Rabre004 have been suspected quickly too, but he is legit. So the new members were already "tested" before the Alexandru's story. The problem with Alexandru is that he was there on october, one month after the board is born. He was one of the first big posters, when I joined, few days after him, he was an owner for me, no doubt. Now we are many posters and we start to have some experiences with liars, so I guess a new poser will be quickly discovered, like Paith was.

It's easier to ask someone what he thinks of a just registred member, than a long time one. One week ago, where we were talking on the chatroom with PeterKrieg about suspisions on Alexandru, Aram joined and I was kinda embarassed since I knew Aram was even closer with Alexandru than I was. Alexandru was respected, not an easy thing to say "hey this guy is a faker" loud.

I love this board, in fact it's the only one where I'm active and it's not even in my primary language. I enjoy many posts of many members. And today I'm more preoccupated by another existing Alexandru like than a probable new brain-mixed member.

I believe that all members of this great forum should be encouraged to declare themselves as owners by the common practice on the board and not by any imposed rules.  

Maybe there should be a sticky with the instructions how to declare yourself as an owner and whom to PM regarding that.  :?:  

That way if any of the new members feels the need or wants to have Owner/Member title under his/hers name and enjoy the full respect and trust from all the other members for any of the advice and opinions he gives out.  

They then should be tested by any of the moderators by a special pic request (something like ''Show me the pic of your engine bay and your hand with a thumb up in the same frame'') via PM's to keep it between them. :)  

I my self am not an owner and enjoy all parts of this board, but I also like to know whom I'm talking to and like to see where that person is located(roughly of course). Off course I restrain myself from giving any tech advice, and when I will try to offer advice on any subject will try to backup that info with something.

But PLEASE be careful not to alienate any of the members from posting because they are not owners or don't want to be known as such. Because we all know it would lead this board to it's demise. Control of and quality of growth should be  very important to you guys to try and make this forum a great future source of information for owners, future owners and fans.

Sorry for this long post  :oops: but I would also like to see this board be the BEST Lambo board on-line destroy all others and live up to it's full potential.  

THX for giving me your time and reading my opinions. I hope this thread will result in making this board even more hospitable to everyone  ;)

Some very good points

Guys, I think we all need to step back for a minute and realize what we've learned from Alexandru.....

Being that I'm not an owner, I can't answer alot of questions that come forth with these cars. My opinions come from the experience I have with Lambos from being around them constantly.  I've gained alot of my knowledge from members on the board and of cource from Alex. (TurboAlex) I've taught myself in a short time about these cars and still continue to learn everyday. I value the opions of quite a few of you on the board. I know alot of you are upset and feel cheated. I myself am very upset that I didn't recognize the phony. But, like I've said, anything is possible on the internet. In my opinion, we're all grown ups and we choose what we want to believe to a certain extent. Misleading information that we got from Alexandru only proves that we can't always trust everyone we talk to. It's not that we have bad judgement, it's just that we were conned into it. And there will always be people like that no matter where you go. All we can do is move on and learn from this. I would really hate for this to tear up the whole forum and split us all up. We've grown into the "LARGEST" Lamborghini online Forum in WORLD!! I coudln't be more proud of that. In the very beginning, with the help of  Allan-Lambo, Mako, TheLimey, we started on our quest to grow and grow. All I can say is, I'm over it now, what's done is done and it can't be fixed. Yes, we we're all deceived and spent time talking to "Alexandru" to only find out he was a FAKE, but don't let this ruin the relationship we have with each other and or let it give us a reason to treat any new member any different then how we did before. That just wouldn't be fair..My 2 cents!

Very well worded Mark.

Somehow I missed the lastest situation so I can't speak my opinion on that. But i think its going to be hard to get proof of ownership. I could post pictures of all kinds of lambos sitting in my garage that I've brought home and who would know the difference. For new members you could make it a required field to fill out owner/non owner but they could still lie even there. Most owners will know bullshit when its posted, and even the members who are not owners have learned. Its a tough call. The internet attracts all kinds. I will say this, all of you who are responsible for running this site need a pat on the back for a GREAT job. I feel like I've made a lot of friends here. :goodman:

Agree with many of the points here, Superkarma, no offense was intended to you for sure, and if you'll check my post you'll find I didn't advocate any segregation between non-owners and owners. I just want to hear more from owners, or people who have driven these cars, versus the clowns coming here spouting their "opinions" based on the latest Car and Driver or Road and Track...

I'm not concerned about the Alexandru thing, I find it funny myself. I'm more concerned about an erosion of quality individuals posting here lately, which I've been tracking for over a month now privately. I won't mention any names, a lot of them are our friends, but interestingly I find that they are posting in much higher volumes about thier L-cars on other sites, which surprised me. It indicates to me that we're (L-Power management) not serving their needs and that something needs to change.

You own a restaurant, your buddies who spend $100 a plate come in the first six weeks, love it, great. Six months later you spot those same guys sneaking into another restaurant across the street every night, and only coming into yours at random, it makes you question things. I'm posing that question now, looking for answers. If it hurts the feelings of those that feel they should have a voice despite not having any experience with these cars, then that's tough. It's all part of identifying the problem.

Aram's post simply got it out into the open, it's not about Alexandru or posers. You can't control that, nor would I seek to enforce any sort of "owner's only" routine here, that is silly to suggest such.

I would just suggest we seek more feedback about the site's direction FROM actual owners, and minimize the importance given to non-owner's opinions, myself included. For me the site is fine, I see no issues with it currently. But I can't ignore others, particularly actual owners, above the age of 30, posting less and less and less as the months pass. There is a reason for it, and they're being quiet about it thus far. I would love to hear actual feedback from one of them, saying "here's why I don't come here: Mako is an asshole" or "I don't like Allan's childishness" or "I am upset that the site is not devoted enough to tech/upgrades" or whatever.

I want to hear where we're deficient versus the other sites where I'm seeing our "family" rack up hundreds of posts...

Well Romandad said something true. He is quite new and he feels like we are testing him a lot about the potential ownership, even if from the beginning he said he wasn't owner yet, but will probably be in few monthes..

Could be months... Could be years... I have a few hurdles between me and Countach... Thank God, the big obstacle for most people, MONEY is not one of them...

I'm a very patient person... When the stars are right, I will pull the trigger... In the meantime, I would enjoy using this forum as a means to clear some of the hurdles and questions about ownership I have... Plus you're a fun group of folks...

However, as far as the trusted members of this board goes, I'm an open book... I have NOTHING to hide... I live within MINUTES of several members and have a standing invitation to ANYBODY from this forum to join me at my private club in Hollywood... Plus, I can be looked up on both the California Bar Website AND the Internet Movie Database.... Now, I wouldn't want that info just FLOATING out there... I mean, my telephone number is listed on there, and I don't want Joe telemarketing me in the middle of the night!!! :mrgreen:

P.S. If youre not a trusted member of this site my real name is "Russ Sealey".... :lol:

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Mako, that's funny you said that, I find myself finding members here as well posting more info on other forums. I can't control them, and I can't make them want to post here..but I wish they would. :(

Mako, that's funny you said that, I find myself finding members here as well posting more info on other forums. I can't control them, and I can't make them want to post here..but I wish they would.  :(

It's frustrating because I'm blind to whatever the issues are that are driving them away due to L-Power being fine for me personally. I don't see critical problems that may be present because I like the current balance. But I do have a few ideas on it which I've posted in this thread already, I suspect it's the non-owners being a bit too agressive in thier opinions in debate threads. We'll see, I'm sure we'll hear from more of the people that are in question as they see this thread hopefully...

I liked your long post btw Mark, very nice. You've always got good stuff buddy :)...which reminds me, where is the English .pdf breakdown for the Miura Corse gear on the Gallardo/Murci? I have it only in German...

Mako, that's funny you said that, I find myself finding members here as well posting more info on other forums. I can't control them, and I can't make them want to post here..but I wish they would.  :(

It's frustrating because I'm blind to whatever the issues are that are driving them away due to L-Power being fine for me personally. I don't see critical problems that may be present because I like the current balance. But I do have a few ideas on it which I've posted in this thread already, I suspect it's the non-owners being a bit too agressive in thier opinions in debate threads. We'll see, I'm sure we'll hear from more of the people that are in question as they see this thread hopefully...

I liked your long post btw Mark, very nice. You've always got good stuff buddy :)...which reminds me, where is the English .pdf breakdown for the Miura Corse gear on the Gallardo/Murci? I have it only in German...

I personally find that the quality of our post have gone down,I find myself logging on at times and i find nothing interesting to read.

Is it just me???

As an owner, if I was required to go out of my way to prove ownership that would seriously piss me off. Owners or potential owners don't need to prove anything. They are the ones with the cars. If a new member joined and was a true owner and have to deal with proving all this crap they would just move on.

I agree that anyone can claim to be an owner and post some pics. But posers are eventually caught. In this instance give credit where credit is due. Alexandru was a good poser.

We have so many owners here from all over the world. Now add that with the dealer networks and it's not hard to find out when a car is recently sold. Some detective work can easily be done before insulting a new member and calling him out.

Right now the board has caught a few but it's not an epidemic. There are not 10,000 ppl claiming they just bought a G or M because we know that is not possible. Production of both cars have not hit that mark yet.

I personally find that the quality of our post have gone down,I find myself logging on at times and i find nothing interesting to read.

Is it just me???

I dont think that is true. You also must realize we are talking about a certian car here. How much new info can you possibly post? We can resort to fcar threads, like how many heads does your ferrari turn when you go to 7/11.

Just got home so joinging the conversation a bit late. I didn't read every word of every post so sory if some of this has been mentioned already...

The problem I see with asking for ownership proof is two fold: In the digital age there is no 100% fool proof way of knowing. Any document can be faked. Second, who in their right mind, as a new user to the board, is going to send a proof of ownership document such as a title, or registration to a complete stranger? Not me!

There are no easy anwsers for sure. I feel as many here that it would be nice to know who you are getting advice or info from. But in the end I think the best you can do is to take everything with a grain of salt. Should a first time poster telling you how to do a clutch change be believed? I don't know, but I would not take it as gospel. Part of the old adage trust is earned I guess. It's just an inherent weakness of the internet.

I think the way we're doing things is ok for the most part. The fakes and frauds are being discovered. It may take longer than some would like but they are being discovered, and that's the important part.

I personally find that the quality of our post have gone down,I find myself logging on at  times and i find nothing interesting to read.

Is it just me???

It's not just you.

Personal opinion Allan.I am not talking Gallardo related material only

Well I'm not over 30 so I dont think I fit the group you refer to Mako.

But the other sites I mainly post in are piston heads and Fchat. And the main reason is the stronger UK membership. More relevant to me for off topic stuff.

I also hit some of the audi boards as they have alot of info on the Navi (being Audi sourced).

Eventually the owner has to meet up with someone who also has a similar type of car. Someone has to say: "I met up with so and so, and we drove with a bunch of cars etc..... I agree that you will never know forsure. He who really wants to put up a small farce, and has a little brain will succeed. In time the stories will not add up though.

Unless you are like Travis, and live in the middle of nowhere, amongst a town full of diesel trucks :mrgreen: .

I think you'll be fighting a losing battle if you actively pursue ownership proof. Infact I think you'll attract more posers if they think you'll bite.

Just give readers the info they need and they can judge for themselves.

Member = Non owner, or some who hasn't claimed ownership

Non verified owner/expert = Someone who claims ownership or experience but has provided no proof

Owner/Experienced = Someone who has provided proof of either or been vetted by a trusted member

Owners who aren't bothered wont be worried by the non-verified tag. If they are they have a remedy open to them.

Posers on the other hand do it for kicks/kudos. So they will be more worried by the non-verified tag. (Problem with just member tag is it doesn't draw clear attention to the fact you have made claims which you haven't backed up). Your never going to beat the short term posers, but the long term ones will lose credibility pretty fast if they make outlandish claims with that written beneath their name.

I dont think that is true. You also must realize we are talking about a certian car here. How much new info can you possibly post?  We can resort to fcar threads, like how many heads does your ferrari turn when you go to 7/11.

I agree... I went to Crystal Cove this last weekend, but I havent even posted the pics from that event yet like I have been... WHY??? Because it was the same cars that were there the last time I posted pictures....