Brakes need replaced...what are my options?

oufan2929

Don't mind going back to OEM, but if there's a nice upgrade out there I'd consider. I love GREAT breaking almost as much as I do great acceleration! I was thinking about GiroDisc but didn't know what pads?? Also, I think I've heard that going to stainless steel break lines are the way to go? Who is someone I could purchase all this from?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Don't mind going back to OEM, but if there's a nice upgrade out there I'd consider. I love GREAT breaking almost as much as I do great acceleration! I was thinking about GiroDisc but didn't know what pads?? Also, I think I've heard that going to stainless steel break lines are the way to go? Who is someone I could purchase all this from?

Thanks!

you can get OEM Brembo front rotors from an Audi RS6- it is the same disc but has Audi circles logo- it will save you about $300 vs. Lambo part # part # is probably on this site somewhere. I have done this swap and it works fine. and the rear discs have the same part # as an older Viper's front discs, I believe.

Better pads will greatly help prevent fade, but do NOT get full race pads as they do not work well at all until you get them up to temperature. EBC bluestuffs are a good hi-performance pad that will not fade with regular heavy street use. I use mine on the street and track. for the absolute best stopping call Carbotech in N. Carolina. but their track pads tend to squeal after a while.

Not sure upgrading the rotors to a big brake kit is really going to make a very big difference in braking.

unless your rotors are worn (too thin), i would just change pads. use OEM audi, lamborghini, or EBC. note EBC rear does not have brake wear sensors so i would definitely use OE if u need rears too.

unless your rotors are worn (too thin), i would just change pads. use OEM audi, lamborghini, or EBC. note EBC rear does not have brake wear sensors so i would definitely use OE if u need rears too.

:iamwithstupid:

Don't use a race pad, it's unsafe on the street. Rotors last forever.

I am in the process of installing EBC yellows with Endless Rf650 brake fluid on the OEM LP560 rotors. I will be sure to write a write up after TX2K.

I run Girodisk rotors and the pads they supply. Been very happy with performance, weight reduction and hardly any dust. (I believe the pads are modified Audi units).

+1

I've been running Girodisc rotors and pads for the last 40K miles. Very little dust plus the rotors look much better than OEM.

Here's my .02

I have had bad luck w/ steel lines (yes, name brand) on both cars and motorbikes.

If you like your OEM system, best bet may be to use the best brake quality fluid you can acquire and monthly "burp" the system of air bubbles. Then change the fluid yearly.

This option is a good way to go if you want to upgrade the rotors. Alcon setup.

http://stasisengineering.com/products/sign...-355-mm-rear-r8

+1

I have fitted the stasis/alcon brake upgrade for the R8 to my lp560 as waited six months for the giro discs upgrade that is yet to be announced.

Awesome brakes. Purchased from alex at europrice. plug and play. Just make sure that the front wheel weights are placed so clear the calipers.

Here in oz, cheaper than oem new rotors.

cheers,

john

you can get OEM Brembo front rotors from an Audi RS6- it is the same disc but has Audi circles logo- it will save you about $300 vs. Lambo part # part # is probably on this site somewhere. I have done this swap and it works fine. and the rear discs have the same part # as an older Viper's front discs, I believe.

Better pads will greatly help prevent fade, but do NOT get full race pads as they do not work well at all until you get them up to temperature. EBC bluestuffs are a good hi-performance pad that will not fade with regular heavy street use. I use mine on the street and track. for the absolute best stopping call Carbotech in N. Carolina. but their track pads tend to squeal after a while.

Not sure upgrading the rotors to a big brake kit is really going to make a very big difference in braking.

I agree about the Carbotech. You can pm me or email [email protected]

Thanks!

When I upgraded and needed brakes on the TTG it was with Alex at SP so he suggested a set of new stock rotors and Hawk Racing pads if I recall. That was a few years ago and they are still running solid and do a great job breaking considering how fast the car can speed up and needs to slow down.