Lamborghini and Monster Products collaboration

LyinFapper

He does? Can you elaborate please?

Sure. He loves Lamborghini. He has Lamborghinis. He attends Lamborghini functions. He designs one-off audio systems for Lamborghinis. He paints his Segway to match his Lamborghini.

Sure. He loves Lamborghini. He has Lamborghinis. He attends Lamborghini functions. He designs one-off audio systems for Lamborghinis. He paints his Segway to match his Lamborghini.

Is that it?!

I'm curious to how it sounds but wouldn't hold my breath on something great. :icon_mrgreen:

Is that it?!

:iamwithstupid: X 3

IMO, I just can't see how the "tonal signature" of Monster can fit well into a Lamborghini.

They wanted to show the power ... but their microphones just couldn't keep up ... audio system is a $100,000 'upgrade' by the way, 13 speakers ... 1,500 Watt amps.

They wanted to show the power ... but their microphones just couldn't keep up ... audio system is a $100,000 'upgrade' by the way, 13 speakers ... 1,500 Watt amps.

I love wild sound systems as much as anybody, but that's a ton of money for what is most likely an underwhelming experience.

People vastly underestimate how hard it is to get good (let alone great sound) in cars, period. Showing up with elite gear is at best a good start with decent results, but the rest takes skill hard work, and especially "taste". Money alone rarely gets you far in this hobby unless you have the right guidance.

About the only thing that can be guaranteed by those specs is that it will be "loud and clean" (a very low bar to achieve design goal), which is akin to saying a 1000 hp Shelby is as good as a P1/918/LaF because it has similar horsepower. And quite honestly, from my experience that Shelby would be much closer to those cars than most of these systems are to something great. :icon_mrgreen:

I would be breaking my own cardinal rule by "proclaiming" it sounds good/doesn't sound good until I actually listened to it, so all of this is of course speculation with a ton of skepticism after watching the video. :lol2:

I can go into the reasons why I think it wouldn't be good if anyone cares.

My only issue really is the humongous price tag, and the prospective owners being taken advantage of (assuming they were demanding greatness).

^ :iamwithstupid:

Unless Monster can defy the laws of physics and/or project some subliminal psycho-aural signal that changes one's perception of good sound (i.e. hypnotizing by sound :) ), I just don't see how a cabin of any Lamborghini could EVER sound good --- good as in correct soundstage, balance and coherent. The only slight possible exception would be the LM002.

Keep in mind that the Veneno Roadster has no roof so that's literally impossible to have proper sound to start with. As Fellippe had said, "loud and clean" is about as good as it can get which means it's for bragging rights to the crowd gathering around the car rather than the enjoyment of the driver and the passenger. But then again, since when does Monster been known to have "clean" sound especially in the mid-bass area.

I respect Noel Lee for what he had achieved with his brand; he basically pioneered the high-end cable genre decades ago. But in all honesty on this one: monster price for a not-so-monster performance --- quality-wise --- equals to monster rip-off and monster revenue for Monster.

It's likely a VAG/Audi decision but why can't Lamborghini go back to the original partnership of Alpine +Lamborghini? And too bad Nakamichi had been long sold to the Koreans who basically killed it.

The guy's price justification was laughable/juvenile, considering the price of the car is $4.5 mil $100k is nothing, I had no idea the quality of a product increases proportionally with the value of another product that it gets attached to, cost aside why would you want a stereo in a Veneno?

I'm sure each of those 9 customers are going to want it "fully loaded" and are going to opt for the option regardless just so they can say it is.

I'm sure each of those 9 customers are going to want it "fully loaded" and are going to opt for the option regardless just so they can say it is.

I wouldn't pay 100k for a car stereo. No way.

I can understand the credibility behind the Beats by Dr. Dre, but I've found that those headphones are not as fantastic (sound quality-wise) as people make them out to be. I hope this stereo system doesn't fall into that category.

Within the hypercar category, isn't the Veyron supposed to have one of the best sound systems around?

I can understand the credibility behind the Beats by Dr. Dre, but I've found that those headphones are not as fantastic (sound quality-wise) as people make them out to be. I hope this stereo system doesn't fall into that category.

Within the hypercar category, isn't the Veyron supposed to have one of the best sound systems around?

The Veyron followed the tried and true theory that any home or car audiophile usually adheres to, two mids and two tweeters to create an actual soundstage. Most high end aftermarket systems use this same theory, with some using an additional subwoofer. Even the system in the Vitesse followed this same strategy and sought to overcome the roof off effect with slightly different placement and more power going to each driver.

The fact that most people seem to judge the "quality" of a stock car audio system by the number of speakers doesn't surprise me. Most people assume more is better when the opposite is usually the case. Every luxury brand has been upping the ante for years. The new standard is NINETEEN speakers (S class, LS, even a 300C).

I get that many of the luxury cars are doing this so they can say that your kids will be able to watch a bluray in the back in full 7.1 THX surround sound, or that you can listen to dubstep in 7.1 at ear bleeding levels. How any adult could concentrate on driving at the same time I have no idea. I'm guessing the percentage of people that are actually listening to DTS music recordings in their car is fairly small, but the ability is there. I do remember Popular Mechanics ranking the Burmester system in the Panny first among all modern systems. Curious what others think about 7.1 music recording.

I just don't get the point of using thirteen speakers in an open top car, unless you are planning on sitting in the garage and watching movies on the TFT. I guess in the end this system will probably get more use while the car is sitting still than actually moving, if anyone chooses to fork out the cash. Seems like a decision that was based on the publicity it would garner rather than anything else. If they were really going after quality they would have chosen any number of other brands. They went big, and it seems like they got the exact reaction they were looking for. Anyone know how many of the Roadster slots are still open?

Don't know about the Veyron's system. I would hope the assumption is it isn't the best because it's the most expensive car. :lol2:

Beats by Dr. Dre.....some are terrible, some are ok but not great. When you charge $200-300 for headphones, they have to sound very nice, period. Audio Technica, Shure, Sennheiser, Grado for less money sounds better and IMO has better looks (better as in, looks nice and not trying to be fashion statement....i.e. headphones painted in any other color than black!).

It's been said many times that the preferred sound for most young people/non audio enthusiasts is tons of low bass and treble, sucked out midrange ("smiley face EQ"). That type of sound is very easy and cheap to reproduce. The Dr. cares more about money than sound. To his credit, those old Snoop, Dre, Eminem records were recorded on analog tape and sound pretty nice compared to other rap music.

I can go into the reasons why I think it wouldn't be good if anyone cares.

1. His shirt.

2. Outlook of their website.

Would not give a 5 cents to that guy even if he promised to sell me a working space shuttle.

With Dr.Dre you have to understand that iPhone is new walkman, and their product sells to 15-20 age segment as a "fashion" statement.

Lamborghini being italian I could only see Sonus Faber as a proper and classy enough collaboration partner for this kind of deal.

Giving Lambo's german connections and high tech ethos something like Lansche Audio with their cutting edge plasma tweeters could be also great parter for this kind of deal.

The Veyron followed the tried and true theory that any home or car audiophile usually adheres to, two mids and two tweeters to create an actual soundstage. Most high end aftermarket systems use this same theory, with some using an additional subwoofer. Even the system in the Vitesse followed this same strategy and sought to overcome the roof off effect with slightly different placement and more power going to each driver.

The fact that most people seem to judge the "quality" of a stock car audio system by the number of speakers doesn't surprise me. Most people assume more is better when the opposite is usually the case. Every luxury brand has been upping the ante for years. The new standard is NINETEEN speakers (S class, LS, even a 300C).

I get that many of the luxury cars are doing this so they can say that your kids will be able to watch a bluray in the back in full 7.1 THX surround sound, or that you can listen to dubstep in 7.1 at ear bleeding levels. How any adult could concentrate on driving at the same time I have no idea. I'm guessing the percentage of people that are actually listening to DTS music recordings in their car is fairly small, but the ability is there. I do remember Popular Mechanics ranking the Burmester system in the Panny first among all modern systems. Curious what others think about 7.1 music recording.

I just don't get the point of using thirteen speakers in an open top car, unless you are planning on sitting in the garage and watching movies on the TFT. I guess in the end this system will probably get more use while the car is sitting still than actually moving, if anyone chooses to fork out the cash. Seems like a decision that was based on the publicity it would garner rather than anything else. If they were really going after quality they would have chosen any number of other brands. They went big, and it seems like they got the exact reaction they were looking for. Anyone know how many of the Roadster slots are still open?

Not so sure about the dual mid/tweeter theory. Some home speakers have it, but I wouldn't call it the end all be all to sound stage/imaging. I guess you're referring to Dynaudio C4, Evidence, etc. here.

In a car, it's a fool's errand IMO to pursue sound stage and image characteristics of a home system.....it's extremely hard to achieve and it often will come at a sacrifice of tonal balance. Most of the car audio community seems to focus on this a little too much, neglecting to keep in mind that maybe 10% of music is recorded well enough to make this a worthy endeavor. To put things into perspective, a poorly set up home system has a better soundstage/image than just about all cars. Why fight this uphill battle I ask?

Digital processing will allow you to have proper imaging by using time alignment -- delaying the sound of the speakers nearest you so that in essence you are recreating what it's like to be in the center of the car (like you would sitting in a chair equidistant between two speakers). It definitely works very well in that regard, especially with centering vocals and the like. My only issue is I think it robs the system a bit in dynamics, although not everyone notices this.

With regards to number of speakers, in general the idea is (like with other aspects of life)....less is more. The theoretical "perfect" speaker would be a driver that could play the entire frequency spectrum. Such a speaker would be extremely coherent....compare that to splitting the frequency band into two or three drivers (bass/mid,high) --> it's less coherent but better able to produce those individual frequencies.

There's fun debate about 2 way vs. 3 way in a car. You can get very good sound out of both....just depends on how you install and tune them.

If I were to design a dream car system for a sedan or SUV (excluding horn systems), I'd probably end up with 13 speakers (including subs):

Front:

1 tweeter x 2

1 3"-4" dome midrange x 2

2 6.5" - 7" midbass x 2

1 center channel (coax or full range driver)

Total: 9

Rear:

1 coax x 2 (either 6.5" or 6" x 9" in doors or rear deck)

Total: 2

Subs: 2 x 12", sealed (or 2 x 10" or 4 x 8", depends)

Total: let's go with 2

So that's 13 speakers. The dual midbass up front is nice, but most do fine with just one (and I don't think I've ever seen dual midbass from any factory system except maybe this Veneno if I heard it right).

It will be a task to blend all of these drivers together, whether using passive or active crossovers (active will be harder).

No real need to have more than that, unless you're counting more subwoofers. In a sedan for instance, it would be cool to have maybe four to six 8" infinite baffle type woofers on the rear deck using the trunk as an enclosure. But again, you just don't see that type of design in factory systems.

For the record, you can have very nice sound with just 4 speakers up front, two in the back, and two subs, passive crossovers.....with the right placement of drivers, you could have it sounding nice with 1-2 hours of tuning. It won't be perfect but it will do most of what you want without tons of hours tuning a system with lots of drivers, active crossovers, EQ, etc.

As for 5.1, 7.1 in cars.....I don't know. It might sound ok, very good or even great. But I think the biggest problem is lack of recordings in that format (music that is.....movies different story obviously). For the record I don't know any hardcore audiophile that has a 5.1 or 7.1 setup in his home in addition to a nice 2 channel setup....it's a costly endeavor for a tiny fraction of the music selection. Some issue with a car I'd say, and perhaps the ideal listener would be the middle back seat passenger.