Plastic mess-06 vs Huracan

fastlane

I think a ZR1 went 10.39 bone stock. That alone is faster than any Aventador has gone. This car will be faster than the ZR1, especially if the auto box has some sort of launch control.

Did a quick search and found this list for ZR1 on stock tires:

"1~~~~ 10.664 132.92 1.68 Kyle Lemish ~~ 2009 details~~ thread video

2~~~~ 10.740 133.21 1.74 Kyle Lemish ~~ 2009 details~~ thread video

3~~~~ 10.794 132.21 1.80 jamie furman ~ 2009 details~~ thread

4~~~~ 10.851 129.89 1.70 racerns ~~~~~ 2009 details~~ thread video

5~~~~ 10.950 131.61 1.83 VY ZR1 ~~~~~ 2009 details

6~~~~ 11.071 129.87 1.87 SlowZo6 ~~~~ 2009 details~~ thread video

7~~~~ 11.235 125.99 1.99 Incon306~~~~ 2010 details

8~~~~ 11.626 125.33 1.97 DebRedZR1~~~2010 details~~ thread"

here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvett...-fast-list.html

There are also times with DRs in that link.

Either way, the amount of runs done by ZR1 owners is just so much more than Aventadors. They care for 1/4 miles times much more than the average Aventador owner so they are out there practicing and changing different variables and trying to get the best out of their cars. Asides from magazines, 1/4 mile runs by LP700s are barely a handful. The best data we have from an Aventador owner was Nutcase. IIRC his best 1/8 mile times were 7.0ish @ 110ish mph and 1/4 mile in 10.55 @ 136 mph (

) For reference, with his MP4 he did a 10.6 @ 135 mph here (
) But that's really about it for LP700 data. There are some random runs on youtube at airfields and stuff too which are in the 10s @ over 130 mph.

The first couple runs listed for the ZR1 were at MIR, where, which Im sure you know, a 458 trapped over 132 mph. It's too bad we don't know the conditions that Nutcase ran his LP700 and MP4 at to compare.

All in all I just think the data we have on Aventadors is really limited compared to other cars for us to be dismissing its performance potential.

Just my 2 cents, even though I know you don't like to hear it :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

please except my FB friend request

Cap, make him write out the word kebab 1,000 times. He'll just copy and past it anyway, but it would still be worth it.

I really tried to come up with something insightful to contribute to this thread, but it just made me tired. Always something faster, might as well drive an eight second fox body, blah,blah,blah. :jackoff:

I think a ZR1 went 10.39 bone stock. That alone is faster than any Aventador has gone. This car will be faster than the ZR1, especially if the auto box has some sort of launch control.

Allan, I don't want to seem like I'm calling you out or anything I'm just genuinely curious... why so hung up on track times and stop light performance when you never got to the track or rarely and you yourself stated a few times that where you live you can't even speed because of cops. If anything you seem to now enjoy 'driving' and enjoying your cars in a way which speed alone doesn't provide you the satisfaction like your Countach gives you and your GTR doesn't regardless of their performance.

Seems like most of the guys who prefer the Plastic mess-06 to the Huracan are guys who are lucky enough to be able to have both if the wanted to and/or pick it as a track car. I think that most people if not everyone who could have only one car and could only choose between the Plastic mess-06 or the Huracan would pick the Huracan 9/10 times... I know I would. :)

I'm interested in knowing which is more engaging to drive.

The Huracan certainly has the looks, but Lamborghini's decision to drop the stick shift is a major downer for me.

Allan, I don't want to seem like I'm calling you out or anything I'm just genuinely curious... why so hung up on track times and stop light performance when you never got to the track or rarely and you yourself stated a few times that where you live you can't even speed because of cops. If anything you seem to now enjoy 'driving' and enjoying your cars in a way which speed alone doesn't provide you the satisfaction like your Countach gives you and your GTR doesn't regardless of their performance.

Seems like most of the guys who prefer the Plastic mess-06 to the Huracan are guys who are lucky enough to be able to have both if the wanted to and/or pick it as a track car. I think that most people if not everyone who could have only one car and could only choose between the Plastic mess-06 or the Huracan would pick the Huracan 9/10 times... I know I would. :)

I never said i would pick a Plastic mess-06 over a Huracan. I said i would use the Plastic mess-06 as my daily driver. Two different cars.

All Vettez will have LC. Plastic mess-06 auto will be hard to beat with a good tire.

the only thing i do not like about the Huracan is the back view... very odd looking for a lambo.

All Vettez will have LC. Plastic mess-06 auto will be hard to beat with a good tire.

the only thing i do not like about the Huracan is the back view... very odd looking for a lambo.

Funny, the only thing I don't like about the new POS is the back view.

I never said i would pick a Plastic mess-06 over a Huracan. I said i would use the Plastic mess-06 as my daily driver. Two different cars.

Thanks for clarifying man... but with all the great cars you have that you can use as a DD I can't believe you'd use the Plastic mess-06 lol... great problem to have! :)

Thanks for clarifying man... but with all the great cars you have that you can use as a DD I can't believe you'd use the Plastic mess-06 lol... great problem to have! :)

I have found that I want high tech and speed in a daily driver..hence the GTR.. for an exotic I prefer a nice 6 speed manual old school car like a CGT or FGT.

Also on the subject.. With new cars I think speed matters. Older cars will ofcourse will get beaten by a newer car. It's like your favorite team in the Olympics losing, but you saying it's ok because their outfit is cooler and they are nicer people.

This coming from a speed nut, granted in the last few years I've matured quite a lot :icon_mrgreen:

You are right speed matters and yet not always does, every single one of the cars we are talking about, even the slowest, are faster than we would ever need/use in normal day to day situations.

In all street cars speed is an ingredient of the overall experience, it depends on how, where and why you are using that particular car because of that speed doesn't always matter, yes it will give you the bragging rights but almost always at the cost of a "castrated" overall feeling/experience, take for example the GTR, MP4 they are both video game sterile cars, yes they are fast but at what expense? I would always have my old 570 or an Aventador, SV even the F458 along with a bunch of other modern exotics over the two mentioned above.

To quote RB, speed is cheap and can be sought at a later date, the most important ingredient needs to be mixed it at the factory and they either have it or they don't.

It's nice to see a car that costs 1/3 less compared. I hope they make the Huracan look more aggressive as well it looks quite similar to the Lotus concept. Aventador though is just a different level of beauty. No car out there with similar lines. Can't be compared lol.

The market isn't cross shopping these cars, people here are discussing them for various reasons and motives, the Lotus concept thing was discussed already in great detail see the main Huracan thread.

Again like football, you aren't happy when your favorite team, that just picked some of the best of the draft ends up third.. so like me.. I was all hyped on the new 991 Turbo. . It got smoked by the Mp4.. no more hype for me. And don't forget in limited tests the 991 has already gone 10.6. That's only .05 slower than the fastest lp 700 we have seen. And btw.. Nutcase single handedly makes up for the lack of people drag racing Aventadors. He has probably done over 100 passes himself and even learned how to raise the launch control on his car.

Again like football, you aren't happy when your favorite team, that just picked some of the best of the draft ends up third.. so like me.. I was all hyped on the new 991 Turbo. . It got smoked by the Mp4.. no more hype for me. And don't forget in limited tests the 991 has already gone 10.6. That's only .05 slower than the fastest lp 700 we have seen. And btw.. Nutcase single handedly makes up for the lack of people drag racing Aventadors. He has probably done over 100 passes himself and even learned how to raise the launch control on his car.

:iamwithstupid: speed is not everything, but if im spending 300k+ on a exotic it better beat or atleast hang with a POS/gtr etc.. IMO

Genuine question, when was last time you lined up at the lights?

I don't remember doing that for years, once I hit 25, 27 and I matured, I stopped doing it, before that, yes, I admit I did some pretty crazy things, now when I think about it I think I was pretty lucky to get away with it, I take it easy on the streets and on the track you will get your ass handed over to you by a pro in a car with half the HP.

We all use these cars in a different way that's why it's excellent that we have freedom of choice.

Raise the launch control? If you're referring to the same pass I saw on his youtube channel, I think he just popped the car into 1st while revving it to the limiter At least that's what it sounded like. Unless he got a tune and changed the programming.

:iamwithstupid: speed is not everything, but if im spending 300k+ on a exotic it better beat or atleast hang with a POS/gtr etc.. IMO

Beat or hang with them in which scenerio though? On the prepped 1/4 mile track? On a runway like a standing mile, or a M5board style 50-300 run? Or on the street? Or around a racetrack?

But then you get beat by a 20K bike regardless :icon_mrgreen:

Beat or hang with them in which scenerio though? On the prepped 1/4 mile track? On a runway like a standing mile, or a M5board style 50-300 run? Or on the street? Or around a racetrack?

But then you get beat by a 20K bike regardless :icon_mrgreen:

im sure for each person its a little different.

but for me I go on monthly runs so I want to be towards the front of the pack. also for amateur track days its nice to not get passed by mustangs, m cars, and vettes..

im sure for each person its a little different.

but for me I go on monthly runs so I want to be towards the front of the pack. also for amateur track days its nice to not get passed by mustangs, m cars, and vettes..

Exactly!

There are so many questions regarding this topic. For instance should the ZO6 owner go for the autobox to get more consistent and probably faster times? or the manual that will probably be more fun? Do times matter or does fun matter? Do heads up races matter or do the absolute best times possible matter? Sure the best recorded times for both a 911 Turbo S and ZR1 are 10.6 in the 1/4 mile, but the ZR1 would need the absolute perfect run to clock that time whereas the 911 does it over and over. Does this make them equal? Do the times translate to the street? Do the owners care if they do?

All I know is, if I was fortunate enough to have any of the cars in question, I'd rather walk into my garage and see a Huracan sitting there than a ZO6.

Exactly!

There are so many questions regarding this topic. For instance should the ZO6 owner go for the autobox to get more consistent and probably faster times? or the manual that will probably be more fun? Do times matter or does fun matter? Do heads up races matter or do the absolute best times possible matter? Sure the best recorded times for both a 911 Turbo S and ZR1 are 10.6 in the 1/4 mile, but the ZR1 would need the absolute perfect run to clock that time whereas the 911 does it over and over. Does this make them equal? Do the times translate to the street? Do the owners care if they do?

All I know is, if I was fortunate enough to have any of the cars in question, I'd rather walk into my garage and see a Huracan sitting there than a ZO6.

good point. for me I try to have the best of both worlds. badass exotic looks with performance to match or exceed my expectations! sometimes this can be difficult.

Exactly!

The point is ... The old ZR1 didn't have launch control.. The new one will and it will have an 8 spd auto box that takes the worry away from the driver, unlike the ZR1. It's times will be very consistent. Just change to drag radials and it's a whole new world.

As for Nutcase he figured out how to raise the launch rpm on his launch control. Btw when they took 2 Aventadors from the Esperianza to the dragstrip they both ran low 11s.. at the Moscow mile a tuned Aventador went 10.6