Automotive confessions

capt_chaos

I (not so secretly now) would like to own a Prowler because I think they look cool. fcuk. I said it.

LOL! I always thought Prowlers were super cool as well. Wanted to drive one for ages, but I've only actually seen 2 or 3 in my life. One was purple :D

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny I actually though it was the official website for Prowler UK :lol2:

Damnit, after you posted it I just opened it. Great. Need to clear my search history, or burn my computer now.

Damnit, after you posted it I just opened it. Great. Need to clear my search history, or burn my computer now.

That's exactly what I had to do LOL

I (not so secretly now) would like to own a Prowler because I think they look cool. fcuk. I said it.

LOL! I always thought Prowlers were super cool as well. Wanted to drive one for ages, but I've only actually seen 2 or 3 in my life. One was purple :D

Haha, nice.

Let's face it, the only thing that was ever wrong with that car was a freaking V6 in a "hot rod". And even with a pathetic motor, the later cars still managed a pretty quick 0-60 of like 5.7 or so.

I think if one can get their hands on the Hellcat motor or another vicious Hemi (maybe even the standard 485 hp 6.4L), drop it in the Prowler, put a nice exhaust on it and maybe do a touch up of the interior you would be set. Transmission I'm sure you can get either a nice vintage torqueflite auto or maybe even a GM TH350/400/700R4/etc.

I believe the car is pretty light as is, such a car would be lighter than a comparable Charger/Challenger by at least a few hundred pounds.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

:lol2:

Go try it, I am sure you will be impressed, strictly from a DD POV, I would've bought one last weekend but they have a 12 months waiting list :lol2:

That is the blush smiley. I saw one last week and thought that looks alright.

When I look at the new Range Rover it is perfection but the size is all wrong. The multi storey car park major shopping mall in my city will not be able to accommodate it and I actually prefer the shape of the new RR sport. Then I saw the Macan and I liked it. I mean that is a really deep and dark thing to say. I nearly looked at test drive and then I said to myself I Macan't.

I was honestly shocked at the capabilities of the Turbo, moves very well for a SUV, the only thing I disliked was the steering feel, it really sucked, it had some option called power steering plus, it felt weird.

I used to own a Cayenne Turbo but the Macan certainly has it beat, I am sure Cayenne sales are taking a good beating, the Macan is sold out a year in advance, it was crazy to see that the showroom was buzzing with people as if it was the local grocery store, Porsche is raking it again.

I'm the self professed "king of the unloved"....a few cars I like that the majority of enthusiasts pass up because of quirkiness, unreliability, not trendy enough, not the typical automotive beauty.....all of the above.....etc.

post-1098-1410896243.jpg

post-1098-1410896291.jpg

post-1098-1410896308_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1410896328.jpg

post-1098-1410896358.jpg

post-1098-1410896721_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1410896804_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1410896991.jpg

post-1098-1410897175.jpg

post-1098-1410897404_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1410897613.jpg

post-1098-1410897982_thumb.jpg

I still secretly kind of want a 308.. and am considering getting one to join the Jalpa when it's done.

I'm the self professed "king of the unloved"....a few cars I like that the majority of enthusiasts pass up because of quirkiness, unreliability, not trendy enough, not the typical automotive beauty.....all of the above.....etc.

You'd be the perfect wingman. You seen to prefer the ugly sister.

I still secretly kind of want a 308.. and am considering getting one to join the Jalpa when it's done.

i did it...and i am extremely happy with the 308 GTB

my car is a 79 carbed-euro ...so dry sump and pretty light

hate to tell you this, but from memory of the jalpa the 308 is the best car...better handling, better brakes, better interior and much lighter

the jalpa sounds great though and has more torque

I've checked twice, I am afraid to inform you, they all are!! :icon_mrgreen:

So do we give a pass to the GTR, half of what MB and BMW put out, etc. because of nameplate? :icon_mrgreen:

But he did not post a 3200.

Did you like the taillights more?

My feeling is that it was too much for the US market so they went with the safer choice.

Judging by the responses to the cars I posted, I think that's what happened. :icon_mrgreen:

i did it...and i am extremely happy with the 308 GTB

my car is a 79 carbed-euro ...so dry sump and pretty light

hate to tell you this, but from memory of the jalpa the 308 is the best car...better handling, better brakes, better interior and much lighter

the jalpa sounds great though and has more torque

I wonder what a Silhouette is like to drive.

Did you like the taillights more?

My feeling is that it was too much for the US market so they went with the safer choice.

Judging by the responses to the cars I posted, I think that's what happened. :icon_mrgreen:

That was exactly Maserati's reasoning for changing the taillights. 3200 looks great but the 4200 is a better far more reliable car. There are conversions available though.