Automotive confessions

capt_chaos

I get a little embarrassed when I pull up in my Gallardo, stop to get out (people are watching me), annnnndddd my door doesn't go up when I go open it! I know, it's sad, but it's true.

That should change in a few months time. To enhance the new image, you should start practicing on how to remove/install the 2 roof panels.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I need to get a Gen 2! Blue, white stripes. Sounds like fun! I'm usually not one for American cars, but that Viper and a few old muscle cars (black Charger, red Chevelle) make me doey-eyed.

racecar.jpg

The car with the most "personality" I've ever owned.

Sadly it isn't with us anymore...(and Missouri/St Louis drivers are the worst)

IMG_20130511_114504_227.jpg

That should change in a few months time. To enhance the new image, you should start practicing on how to remove/install the 2 roof panels.

Solution 1: I'll have my hot fiancée learn how to take them off and on in heels!

Solution 2: I'll have some of those DoctaM3 fans to help me since he's got a Roadster and they watch his YouTube channel 15 times a day!

Solution 1: I'll have my hot fiancée learn how to take them off and on in heels!

Solution 2: I'll have some of those DoctaM3 fans to help me since he's got a Roadster and they watch his YouTube channel 15 times a day!

:icon_thumleft:

I get a little embarrassed when I pull up in my Gallardo, stop to get out (people are watching me), annnnndddd my door doesn't go up when I go open it! I know, it's sad, but it's true.

The honest truth, I would be embarrassed if the door went up, I know I know, I love the doors but I hate when people look at me when I drive or when I park, I just want to blend for God's sake :icon_mrgreen:

The honest truth, I would be embarrassed if the door went up, I know I know, I love the doors but I hate when people look at me when I drive or when I park, I just want to blend for God's sake :icon_mrgreen:

You ain't going to "blend"!! :eusa_naughty:

No matter what Lambo we in....we get gawked at and stared! :eusa_dance:

A premium color combo! If you find a clean one don't pass it up, they are getting harder to find.

Blue/white was only 96 and 97, and they are slightly different. Shoot me or white out a PM if you need any viper info.

Right on, thanks! We need to stop talking about Vipers - I don't need to buy one and we need to keep the prices where they're at. *SHUSH* (I see a future classic, here).

And StoleIt, did you total your Viper or just decide to part with it after the crash? (I remember you posted that pic somewhere once before but can't recall what the outcome was on the car).

I really like the old 60s VW Beetles, but only with 200hp and dropped. A stock one I could drive for awhile, but as I was saving for parts to make it my own.

I also think a 60s something Benz with the twin vertical headlights would be cool. But with a LS engine and on air ride.

Viper is a great car.

Only complaint is the engine sound, at least stock. Is there anything you can do to make it at least decent?

Also, is the Gen 3's extra .4 liters of authority enough to offset it's extra refinement?

I always hated the sound, I found IMO the right solution for it. Did you see the You tube video of my 70 Cuda? It was a Gen II and with a "little" work it sounds like a true muscle car.

You ain't going to "blend"!! :eusa_naughty:

No matter what Lambo we in....we get gawked at and stared! :eusa_dance:

That's the truth, I know, that's why I drive very early morning or late night and try not to park in public places.

Right on, thanks! We need to stop talking about Vipers - I don't need to buy one and we need to keep the prices where they're at. *SHUSH* (I see a future classic, here).

And StoleIt, did you total your Viper or just decide to part with it after the crash? (I remember you posted that pic somewhere once before but can't recall what the outcome was on the car).

It was totaled. Ended up getting 40k for a car I spent 40.5k on, so I'm pretty happy about that.

All lambos look better with a spoiler except roadsters.

However the Diablo is the exception to that rule.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: Except for the Aventador. It's look is perfect as is but the integrated spoiler looks awesome deployed :)

All lambos look better with a spoiler except roadsters.

However the Diablo is the exception to that rule.

:iamwithstupid:

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I am glad that there are companies like it out there I just don't get konsesesrseioorg

Don't get me wrong they have some great design touches, the doors are a work of art but overall I am really meh by them.

Whilst I am glad that there are companies like it out there I just don't get konsesesrseioorg

Don't get me wrong they have some great design touches, the doors are a work of art but overall I am really meh by them.

I have a hard time in general with hyper car boutique car companies who dont have the backing of a major automotive conglomerate. I really wish Lamborghini would get the green light to create something in the 1 to 1.5 million dollar range. Something in between the looks of the Aventador and Veneno with the performance to rival the P1, LaF, and 918. I would buy that over any Koen, even if they Koen went 0-500mph in 2 seconds.

I have a hard time in general with hyper car boutique car companies who dont have the backing of a major automotive conglomerate. I really wish Lamborghini would get the green light to create something in the 1 to 1.5 million dollar range. Something in between the looks of the Aventador and Veneno with the performance to rival the P1, LaF, and 918. I would buy that over any Koen, even if they Koen went 0-500mph in 2 seconds.

It's interesting that Lamborghini is in the middle of those companies you mention in regards to size/funds, but never dipped in that ultra exotic pool.

Reventon?

I was referring to ultra exotic cost no limit performance machine, not super limited edition variant of existing car.

Well they certainly got into that back in the day. Couldn't find much that was faster or more expensive than a Miura or early Countach.

I do wonder what the Aventador's ridiculous success will mean for the company's future. Might open some options that a £150k/1200-per-year and £200k/450-per-year company simply couldn't justify.

Agreed. Yet the influences are clear. The K's are wicked cool, expensive, and lay down great numbers, but don't really excite me. Much like other things that are cool, expensive, and lay down great numbers, but aren't very exciting. I guess that means you're not really a big bomber kinda' guy either.

B2vsKoen1.jpg

• 6 months later...

I (not so secretly now) would like to own a Prowler because I think they look cool. fcuk. I said it.