Countach look out

Pappyslambo

You late 40's guys better get ready for your meds...its that time :eusa_naughty: and remember the kiddies today are NOT into cars...so who are you going to sell them to

Paul

I could give a rats ass about the kids now a days not being into cars.

I didn't buy mine to sell it, I bought it to enjoy it and full fill a childhood dream.

And as far as values I doubt anyone who has purchased a Countach as of late will have anything to fear if and when it comes time to sell.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and remember the kiddies today are NOT into cars...

I'm not too worried. I have a car guy. He has friends who are car guys. A 10yo kid got out of his car at the gas station the other day and was jumping all around like a monkey screaming Lamborghini Diablo! to his mother and generally choking back a seizure.

Older than you clearly...but in good shape (from ducking bullets in South East Asia)...why don't you check out Caffeine and Carbs in New Canaan, CT...not too many oldsters on oxygen

It seems that the flashy stuff does not go over big on the East Coast

You late 40's guys better get ready for your meds...its that time :eusa_naughty: and remember the kiddies today are NOT into cars...so who are you going to sell them to

Paul

I love your oversimplied generalizations to justify your position.

Older than you clearly...but in good shape (from ducking bullets in South East Asia)...why don't you check out Caffeine and Carbs in New Canaan, CT...not too many oldsters on oxygen

Paul

Sounds like someone is butthurt cause more than likely doesnt have a pot to piss in... As for kids not being into cars... seems hardly to the be the case.. As for selling it.. I dont need to sell anything..

Sounds like someone is butthurt cause more than likely doesnt have a pot to piss in... As for kids not being into cars... seems hardly to the be the case.. As for selling it.. I dont need to sell anything..

Umm...actually I was fortunate to recently sell a company for low 9 figures most of which was mine...so my money goes into race cars, and you can sell or not sell...that is your prerogative

Paul

Umm...actually I was fortunate to recently sell a company for low 9 figures most of which was mine...so my money goes into race cars, and you can sell or not sell...that is your prerogative

Paul

And we give a shit about this why?

It's a tough search. I made offers and looked at about every color of Countach. QV, 2 v, carbed, fuel injected. The best advice I can give is to have your money ready. If you really have to have a certain color/model, start shopping in Europe. The good news, is that the constant movement of 3-10 cars a year out of the US is stopping.

You are absolutely right , the US market is dry unless you want a 25th.. but even those are gonna dry up too. It is hard tounderstand because the US is the country with the most countach.

Christian, I know what you are up to!.... buy a 59 VW, its a better more attractive and valuable car!...Just kidding.

Value of a DD today is hard to figure. very few sold in the USA. Latest prices were $250K-$270K about for sorted car.

Check the price of the Qv DD in europe. They revolve around $275K-$300K but they stay put a while.

The main thing for a Qv DD value is originality. if it has been maintain and you have history, your golden.

now for what you think, pm if you want I have done some digging.

Additionally, back in November, I visited a friend in Connecticut and we got dragged to a C&C deal in New Canaan. There were a LOT of big money cars there and a quite a few owners of Ford GT etc who were in a rage because they did not get the correct “exposure” . There was a DD Countach there, but quite frankly a 1959 VW Cabriolet got far more attention, so it must have been a (lack) of “exposure” deal ! :eusa_shhh:

Paul

Patrick, was that your DD? Didn't you ask me to go and I could not. Thought you went anyway? Or was that earlier than Nov?

Older than you clearly...but in good shape (from ducking bullets in South East Asia)...
I have great respect for those who served, however... Its pitifully irrelevant to this discussion, unless your purpose is to end the discussion by appealing to some sense of gratitude...

why don't you check out Caffeine and Carbs in New Canaan, CT...not too many oldsters on oxygen

See... Thats what Im talking about... The Countach is THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED car of all time... There is a reason for that. You can say its "flashy". I would say its simply beautiful. Perfect from every angle. And it still holds up forty years later. And the effect it has nothing to do with coasts...

You paint with a brush so broad they should hire you to rust-proof aircraft carriers. I've run into a handful of greenie weenies of various ages, but they aren't "not into cars", they are openly hostile to cars, especially any that arent a pile of shit designed to get you from point a to b without any comfort, fun or performance... I assume its a jealousy thing, and I suspect most, especially the young ones, eventually grow out of the "Too cool for fuel" thing... I dont really waste a lot of time thinking about them... They are the RARE exception... Not the rule...

Regardless, my car isn't my retirement plan. My finances will be fine no matter what the value of my cars do.... But thanks for the concern... :rolleyes:

You are absolutely right , the US market is dry unless you want a 25th.. but even those are gonna dry up too. It is hard tounderstand because the US is the country with the most countach.

Thats the toughest part about gauging the current value... For those of us who actually follow these things and don't just talk out of our asses, THERE ARE NO fcuking CARS FOR SALE... I didn't stop looking when I found my car (and I found the perfect car for me... Year, color, interior, condition- I got EVERYTHING I wanted), I've continued to look... The same two or three story cars pop up for sale again and again, and 25ths are usually available but they dont appeal to a lot of people.... And thats about it.

That's the toughest part about gauging the current value... For those of us who actually follow these things and don't just talk out of our asses, THERE ARE NO fcuking CARS FOR SALE... I didn't stop looking when I found my car (and I found the perfect car for me... Year, color, interior, condition- I got EVERYTHING I wanted), I've continued to look... The same two or three story cars pop up for sale again and again, and 25ths are usually available but they don't appeal to a lot of people.... And that's about it.

:iamwithstupid: Dito, I purchased my car in early 2003 and have been watching them ever since.

Good Countaches area few and far between and usually get purchased quickly.

Given time even the story cars will start going away as they are not building anymore.

There was a DD Countach there, but quite frankly a 1959 VW Cabriolet got far more attention, so it must have been a (lack) of "exposure" deal ! eusa_shhh.gif

There's no way anyone can convince me that a Countach, regardless of your taste in cars, is not the most attention grabbing car ever created. I know that all the sillyness I see from the Diablo would simply be multiplied by the Countach. Have I mentioned the time I drove past a soccer field and the whole game stopped in mid-play to watch it? Next, the entire sideline turned around to see what was the deal was. That was like 50 flippin' people staring at the car all at the same time. I have no doubt the same thing would have occurred in a Countach. The car crosses every generation alive today in one swoop. The only thing I can think of that would induce the same kind of visual shock would be a beautiful woman walking down the sidewalk, completely nude. Her figure might not fit everyone's exact taste, but holy shit it's a naked chick in broad daylight! You're basically saying that everyone would pass up that opportunity to get a glimpse of the plump little grandma sitting at the bus stop.

...and I found the perfect car for me... Year, color, interior, condition- I got EVERYTHING I wanted...

Did you have to go there? Did you have to rub that in? Sickening.

There's no way anyone can convince me that a Countach, regardless of your taste in cars, is not the most attention grabbing car ever created

I was there without my oxygen and my experience was different that the one from the gentleman cashing out on a 9 digit figure, but it could have been that weed I smoke before driving down... :eek3dance:

New Caanan has a lot of beautiful car and knowledgeable people. The crowd is diverse and has a lot of interests in many cars.

That said I did not see a 59 VW stealing the show. I did see a great Muira though and that did steal the show!

As far as attention, I have to say that the Aventador seems to grab as much attention as the Countach. As not the case with the Murcie. The real question is can a 59 VW grab more attention that a Aventador? :icon_mrgreen:

here in Europe we don't have any injected QV: they are all QVDD. So the price of a QVDD is less than in the USA: they cost like others, 180-200 k EURO area, for very good cars.

ciao

Paul is right and we are ALL stupid.. we should just sell our cars now. They wont be worth

anything to future generations anyway. Most are old worn out pieces of crap and weren't very good even when new. Sell them for 50grand and buy a REAL special car... make mine a beetle please!

I was there without my oxygen and my experience was different that the one from the gentleman cashing out on a 9 digit figure, but it could have been that weed I smoke before driving down... :eek3dance:

New Caanan has a lot of beautiful car and knowledgeable people. The crowd is diverse and has a lot of interests in many cars.

That said I did not see a 59 VW stealing the show. I did see a great Muira though and that did steal the show!

As far as attention, I have to say that the Aventador seems to grab as much attention as the Countach. As not the case with the Murcie. The real question is can a 59 VW grab more attention that a Aventador? :icon_mrgreen:

Wait, wasn't the Pagani there? From the photos I saw, everyone was humping that thing. BUT the interesting part is that we, here, understand and know that Pagani company and history. Half the people there probably had no idea what the car is all about.

Not many people in the photo, BUT i think you will notice:

the Awesome Ford GT= 1 fan

the Lonely Gallardo=0

and a black Italian POS= everyone else

I'd post the picture i took 5 minutes after this one but i erased it because you could no

longer see the car!

0218121814.jpg

Wait, wasn't the Pagani there? From the photos I saw, everyone was humping that thing. BUT the interesting part is that we, here, understand and know that Pagani company and history. Half the people there probably had no idea what the car is all about.

There was a subsequent rainy gathering there where the Pagani were displayed. Unfortunately I could not make it that week end. Fortunately no Beetle, using the outstanding technology of spare tire pressure to spray windshield fluid was present. The crowed just had to stare at the only lame Italian cars present..

Not many people in the photo, BUT i think you will notice:

the Awesome Ford GT= 1 fan

the Lonely Gallardo=0

and a black Italian POS= everyone else

I'd post the picture i took 5 minutes after this one but i erased it because you could no

longer see the car!

:icon_thumleft:

ciao

For those in the market, Montreal Lambo dealer John Scotti has an Anni with under 3000km for sale.

Asking price $229k. CAD

Car is sold. That was fast.