Alberto?

Peter K

one thing i would like to add is that people often do not realize the amazing difference btw an average countach and one of the best preserved or a completely restored one

more some understimate the cost of a complete countach resto...like the one done by Alberto

i would say 250.000 euro may look high for a 5000s today in Italy BUT i know some cars with asking of 200-230k euro and they are NOT even remotely close to the conditions of his car....more some are not 100% original and are missing manuals, spare tyres, tools....

at the moment i am not selling my LP400S BUT if an offert of 250k euro should come ...i may sell it to

again as Alberto i am not sure i will be able to find an other so nice ....but the fun of the classic cars is also to find them, restore them, etc...

so i can understand to change from time to time

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one thing for sure.. If a Countach is worth 250K today... ten years from now you will be kicking yourself cause they will be worth 500k.. People are grabbing all makes and models and putting them away. They are doing full nut and bolt restorations. In the coming years people will wish they would of purchased one for 250k...

yep. That is exactly what it looks like to me.

I do not know if my asking price is too high or too low: that car costed me 190 K euro and almost four years of work, it's a mint and shining car with 4000 miles since full restore.

ciao

I say stick to your guns on the price or go higher. Nothing less. Someone WILL buy it, it is just a matter of time. People are sucking up the carbed cars.

yes, but the FI also in US

i see anniversary FI moving in US and not for cheap.....i think around 200k $

and they were 100-120k $ just months ago

UNBELIEVABLE!

Easy choice... sell the wife...

There is one thing for sure.. If a Countach is worth 250K today... ten years from now you will be kicking yourself cause they will be worth 500k.. People are grabbing all makes and models and putting them away. They are doing full nut and bolt restorations. In the coming years people will wish they would of purchased one for 250k...

I 100% agree with this. Only I predict that it will double in 7 years or less.

bingo.

honestly, as long as the economy can keep moving along, these cars are dried up. $500k for a 5000s is not far away.. maybe even a year or 2.. it only takes 1 car to sell at that price and the rest is history.

More and more guys that grew up with this car on their bedroom wall can now afford 1, just like the craze of the muscle cars for the baby boomers, this Gen X car is gouing to be gobbled up by guys with deep pockets and the dream they used to have.

I for 1 wish I would have taken the plunge on a countach over the murci when I did it. I had fears of lambo ownership and felt more comfortable purchasing something newer and more driver friendly. Wish I would have purchased a black on black countach like the 8' poster I had on the wall as a kid.

bingo.

I for 1 wish I would have taken the plunge on a countach over the murci when I did it. I had fears of lambo ownership and felt more comfortable purchasing something newer and more driver friendly. Wish I would have purchased a black on black countach like the 8' poster I had on the wall as a kid.

oh yes

Maybe. I think vintage cars are now starting to be very trendy and prices are rising a lot. And then Countach is the most underrated supercar we have: it cannot cost less than a Dino 246 GT (prices here are from 200 to 250 K euro for the 246 GT and 300 k euro for the 246 GTS).

But a 250 k euro car is too much important for me as it represents the half of what i own: i prefer to sell it to someone that can appreciate the work i did and then buy a less expensive vintage car.

You, Ragingbull, as you say the car will double its value in 7 years or less and you (probably) have money enough to pay 250 k euro + shipping even tonight, why don't you buy mine at 250 K euro? You just said it's a very good deal, so, what are you waiting for? the car is excellent, one of the best available.

I'm not joking.

ciao

it looks my car will not come back to the USA as maybe it's a place where there is nobody that can afford a car owned by an average Italian engineer... ;) Ciao

it looks my car will not come back to the USA as maybe it's a place where there is none that can afford a car owned by an average Italian engineer... ;) Ciao

I think you've proved to be an above average engineer! ;)

I think you've proved to be an above average engineer! ;)

:iamwithstupid: I would consider you an above average engineer.

I might say that if you were not an engineer prior to owning a Countach, you become automatically after restoring one. :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid: I would consider you an above average engineer.

I might say that if you were not an engineer prior to owning a Countach, you become automatically after restoring one. :icon_mrgreen:

:) thanks!

yes, it wasn't easy to do it: it was long, complicated and very expensive. And, sometimes, frustrating. But the day i finally had the car ready and went to my first meeting with the Lamborghini Club Italia and Valentino Balboni shaked my hand when i arrived here, i realized it worthed every single minute and euro spent. :man_in_love:

ciao

UNBELIEVABLE!

yes. It caught most by surprise, me first and that is reason for concerns because the rise is not due to interest in Countach specifically but ALL cars made in limited numbers especially euro made cars. I would be much happier if ONLY the lambo would go up.

This tells me we are in some sort of exploding bubble that may not end well for all. I think the issue here is too much money has been printed globally and the limited cars is the new wav of double your cash in a low interest rate. I am afraid of that. Or it could be that emergenig market are opening up and soaking up everything in sight. I don't know.

The question is where in the bubble cycle are we?

UNBELIEVABLE!

yes. It caught most by surprise, me first and that is reason for concerns because the rise is not due to interest in Countach specifically but ALL cars made in limited numbers especially euro made cars. I would be much happier if ONLY the lambo would go up.

This tells me we are in some sort of exploding bubble that may not end well for all. I think the issue here is too much money has been printed globally and the limited cars is the new wav of double your cash in a low interest rate. I am afraid of that. Or it could be that emergenig market are opening up and soaking up everything in sight. I don't know.

UNBELIEVABLE!

You have very valid points, however I believe the Countach was way overdue for appreciation.

In my opinion there are bubbles out there, the stock market is one of them.

When the cheap money goes away the stock market will burst, housing will tank again and we will enter another recession.

God Vic, you might be right but i Hate to read it. We (America) have been at war or in a

recession, or both, MOST of my adult life.... and i am sick of both. We need a F_&%%ckin break.

For once my friend i hope you are wrong

• 2 weeks later...
:) thanks!

yes, it wasn't easy to do it: it was long, complicated and very expensive. And, sometimes, frustrating. But the day i finally had the car ready and went to my first meeting with the Lamborghini Club Italia and Valentino Balboni shaked my hand when i arrived here, i realized it worthed every single minute and euro spent. :man_in_love:

ciao

I am interested in your car!! Can you please send me pics and info??? Thanks

Jim in Chicago

• 1 month later...

I'm considering to keep the car, as here current selling prices for a very good car are in the 190-195 K euro range (270 k USD more or less), and i think they are not enough to sell a car like the one i have, after so much money spent and so many big efforts. No gain, no pain...

ciao

I'm considering to keep the car, as here current selling prices for a very good car are in the 190-195 K euro range (270 k USD more or less), and i think they are not enough to sell a car like the one i have, after so much money spent and so many big efforts. No gain, no pain...

ciao

Glad you will keep it! It is a BEAUTIFUL car and you should enjoy it.

Your wife will be happy once the value goes WAY up and it's worth even more.

ciao

🙏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😃👍🙏

i recently added a red Ferrari 328 GTS to my garage: the 328 is a very nice car. The 911 3.2 Carrera cabrio i have is a nice car too, but when i look at the black Countach i still think that is the best looking car ever in the world. And by far. I talked with my wife (she says the Countach is "too much" for me) and maybe she is changing her mind. I think the black scrap will stay at home at least until next year. Maybe more.

ciao

ciao

:icon_thumleft:

Please keep the car.