Inside Koenigsegg 2

xos

The Drive Network on youtube just posted this teaser earlier today... if it's half as enjoyable as the first one, it's going to be a great mini series to watch!

For those that haven't seen the first one yet, here's the link:

Though I'd still rather have a Zonda, I give a lot of respect to Koenigsegg for the work they've done :icon_thumleft: Good to see small makes making things that keeps even the big guys on their toes.

Koenigsegg has come a long way. They are quickly becoming my favorite hyper car manufacturer. The One:1 is my idea of a hyper car. No batteries needed. More power and less weight. :icon_thumleft:

Koenigsegg has come a long way. They are quickly becoming my favorite hyper car manufacturer. The One:1 is my idea of a hyper car. No batteries needed. More power and less weight. :icon_thumleft:

Amen.

Ever see yourself in one of these in the future?

What you wrote on IG about your predictions for the next 15 years in supercars was music to my ears. I hope more comps yes follow suit soon.

What an animal of a car. However, they claimed 0-400 in 20 second before actually having tested it other than in simulation? C'mon.

Listening to Christian explain things is always so nice. He's very good at breaking down a complex issue and then describing just how their solutions have the answer to that issue. It really shows just how much thought and effort goes into every aspect of their cars.

Man, that is quite impressive! Incredible and love the drive and passion.

Wow! Just watched them all. He is very well spoken, intelligent, and obviously very passionate about what he does. Impressive cars!

Wheel video was cool but left me wanting a lot more! How do you make the spokes!!!! How did you solve the heat issue from the brakes?????

Anyone see the article about K-egg bring a "lower" price point car to the market? Something in the 600-700k range?

Wheel video was cool but left me wanting a lot more! How do you make the spokes!!!! How did you solve the heat issue from the brakes?????

Anyone see the article about K-egg bring a "lower" price point car to the market? Something in the 600-700k range?

Here's the article: http://www.motoring.com.au/news/prestige-a...el-sporty-42995

Unfortunately I guess they haven't gotten the patent yet for the process so they can't show it.

They're reportedly building a new factory with the goal to increase production... Not clear yet whether that would replace the current factory (which can output about 12-14 cars a year) or be added in addition. I forget where I read it but IIRC the new factory is supposed to produce ~40 cars a year. It would make sense that they keep the old factory to produce Ageras/next evolution of it and build the "entry-level" cars in the new one...the only issue that comes up is A) what do you they have in mind for the entry level car and B.) what will they change to cut costs and increase production while maintaining Koenigsegg quality...as we've seen they're pretty obsessive over even the smallest of things.

They have recently stepped up on their dealer networks, and certainly intend to make their next car(s) fully US legal. They should be implementing the camless tech in their next cars too which should be great...their test car now apparently runs on any type of fuel (E85, pump, race, diesel) and makes 300hp from a 2l SAAB engine + gets 50mpg, and cut emissions in half. I expect something in late 2015/2016, maybe we'll see it earlier though.