Looking for a summer daily

Liquid Assets

Out of that list I would go for an SLR. The engine responds well to mods and it has a great presence, like the German Murci.

**edit** didn't read past first post.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just bought an F-type R coupe. it might be too cheap for what you are considering but it is a gorgeous car, lovely to drive, and a very good DD. it's something to consider and is seriously out of the box for much less money.

Best looking front engine car on the market. Congrats!

Anyone familiar with the Saleen S7s and the new 991 Turbo S's?

S7 is fcuking awesome. Nothing else like it.

If you're thinking uncomfortable and raw, what about a Ford GT?

That S7 TT was my friends car and it is the biggest POS shit. It has blown more motors and trannies then Jirre! Stay far far away

Jorge, if you buy a LFA for a DD you are my damn hero.

My vote would probably go to 458/MP12C

Haha thanks brother, always loved that car. Just a little hard to get over the price but I have never driven one and from all the reviews, after the big price tag, everything else is suppose to be epic.. Curious how the market will hold up for this car in a year or two... Floated around 385k for a while, now I have seen 2 of them in the high 200's

Best looking front engine car on the market. Congrats!

S7 is fcuking awesome. Nothing else like it.

If you're thinking uncomfortable and raw, what about a Ford GT?

That S7 TT was my friends car and it is the biggest POS shit. It has blown more motors and trannies then Jirre! Stay far far away

I am hearing the same kind of thing from people about the S7. A shop that I know that deals with a lot of S7's also has said, from the factory there is a lot that should be upgraded or changed for the car to be where it really should. Especially from the TT's.

But like I mentioned, ever since it has came out, the S7 has been one of my favorite super cars ever.

I would be buying a N/A car, doing minor mods for the summer than in the winter, would throw in a Ford GT drivetrain and modify the car from there to where I want to take it.

I was going to go to California to check out a friends N/A that he just acquired. If I do not like the car, I was even thinking of looking at the Ford GT's as I have always loved them... Especially after seeing Ray Hoffman's blacked out GT... That man had the best taste I have ever seen when it came to modifying exotics/supercars.

• 2 weeks later...
LA - any closer to a decision on anything?

Hey buddy,

Its my birthday Saturday and have a few friends over here in Vegas with a lot of the Gold Rush guys coming Saturday to hang out as well. Lots of input from all my friends, my mind is going to blow, lol.

By FAR the nicest FF I have seen...

http://www.ferrarine.com/certified/Ferrari...0975c965b27.htm

More than fair pricing on an incredibly high optioned GTO...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...&listType=1

And that Saleen that was posted would be a great buy as well. Trying to weigh my options.

A blacked out ford GT would be epic!

How about an SLR roadster?

S7 is cool but i've heard it's a huge pile of shit and REALLY difficult to live with and drive around when it's running properly. But it looks out of this world cool.

I rode in Rob from Superspeeders Saleen S7 years ago...It was a NA competition package with the big wing. It was a sick car in terms of design and was fast for non turbo and 600HP. I know he took it to some really high top speeds. Not sure what happened to the car after we raced it but I beat it with my turbo Supra long ago.

If you're looking to buy in Toronto, you may want to take a look at this:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ferrari/599/WEL...orup=2_15_60922

Hey buddy,

Its my birthday Saturday and have a few friends over here in Vegas with a lot of the Gold Rush guys coming Saturday to hang out as well. Lots of input from all my friends, my mind is going to blow, lol.

By FAR the nicest FF I have seen...

http://www.ferrarine.com/certified/Ferrari...0975c965b27.htm

More than fair pricing on an incredibly high optioned GTO...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...&listType=1

And that Saleen that was posted would be a great buy as well. Trying to weigh my options.

Someone is coming in from San Fran to grab it next week.

The R8 GTs are cool but a little too similar to my Superleggera.

Liquid the R8 GT is a bit more refined and softer than the 570, not sure if that's what you are looking for.

I'd do the FF, it's a beast and carries 4.

Not to highjack the thread but what makes you say the P1 is taking a dump here in Canada...do tell. I'm out of the loop and curious.

Not to highjack the thread but what makes you say the P1 is taking a dump here in Canada...do tell. I'm out of the loop and curious.

I heard a P1 owner sold for 600k over sticker in Canada

I was offered one for 200k over sticker.

A friend that has a insane car collection had one on order and told me not to get it as he is certain they will drop from what he has been told from wealthy car collectors and to wait a bit and save a ton down the road.

1.7m plus 200k plus 13% tax = 2.150m CND

I can most definitely see it dropping like the other McLaren cars in the future and not raising as some suspect they will.

Stop being a pussy: buy a CGT and use it.

Lmao. Almost bought the silver Gemballa in Toronto twice but the seller's wouldnt budge. Went to China.

Always loved the car but with spending some time in one, buddy has 3, it is way too one dimensional, interior is cramped and dated to me now for the $.