Am I thinking right? New car thread

TRANSAMERA

have another whiskey , enjoy the R8 a bit (I am close by, can come and show you how to drive one of those properly, too), until you can get yourself into an Aventador Roadster!

by the way, you are an Audi R8 expert. why the fk do 90% of them have the standard shit seats instead of these awesome optional ones?! They were standard on the B7 RS4 v8! Best OEM seats I have ever sat in.

user106634_pic222275_1265149804.jpg

You are a 4 hour drive away, I have friends in Copenhagen, great city! We should catch up, last time I saw you in Dubai I was not in my best shape :icon_mrgreen:

I think it is mainly because cost? I agree the seats are very nice and good-looking!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a 4 hour drive away, I have friends in Copenhagen, great city! We should catch up, last time I saw you in Dubai I was not in my best shape :icon_mrgreen:

I think it is mainly because cost? I agree the seats are very nice and good-looking!

Haha , yeah it was a struggle for you. Remember my ZR1? Definitely need to catch up dude. Let me know when it suits!

Whatever the cost those seats are worth it; you can buy them aftermarket for 6k eur (all of it). They are comfortable and at same time sit you very low, with great support!

Haha , yeah it was a struggle for you. Remember my ZR1? Definitely need to catch up dude. Let me know when it suits!

How could I ever forget?! :icon_mrgreen:

Soooo, tomorrow morning I will be punishing the 650S around a track and some backroads, I am looking forward into driving a car for the first time in a very long time.

Will report back tomorrow and hopefully be able to snap some pics :icon_thumleft:

On a side note, I hope you all will be pleased I told my dealer to NOT buy the R8 S-Tronic and hold off untill I have driven the Mac :turboalex:

On a side note, I hope you all will be pleased I told my dealer to NOT buy the R8 S-Tronic and hold off untill I have driven the Mac :turboalex:

246358_02Oct12_the-end-of-the-world-2012.jpg

Soooo, tomorrow morning I will be punishing the 650S around a track and some backroads, I am looking forward into driving a car for the first time in a very long time.

Will report back tomorrow and hopefully be able to snap some pics :icon_thumleft:

Excellent decision!!! Update us with a review of the 650S. I feel its probably the best car on the market in terms of drivability, power, and tech. I have a feeling you are gonna fall in love with it. 0-200 in 8.4 seconds! Thats just ludicrous!

Only reason i went for the F12 was cause the 650S is so damn expensive here. Figured id pay a few extra thousand dollars and get into a V12 GT car with a massive boot suitable for my summer vacation drives across Europe. Also love the design and sound a little more than the 650S. Otherwise, I'm sure the mac is the better drivers car to have.

Good Luck!

Still at the track, will post thoughts/impressions later :icon_thumleft:

Ugly. Get an R8. :lol2:

So, as you all know I was invited by McLaren Automotive to test the new 650S on a racetrack, so I of course did. :icon_mrgreen:

They had several cars there, including the white 12C Spider I've thinked about buying and have driven before. When a 12C stands next to a pair of 650S, the front ens looks dated and goofy. The 650S front end doesn't look that good in pics and some say the proportions look weird and that they "slapped on the P1 front on it and called it a day".

IRL that is NOT the case. They got this car just right. It looks very very nice. I would give it a solid 9, with ease!

The new blue color is stunning but I miss some kind of effect in it, black hides all the CF accents and hides the lines.

I think white and the brighter colors like yellow, orange and green is the only way to go if you want to make the car pop.

Interior in the 650S with alcantara everywhere is simply gorgeous, it looks and feel very modern, the blue car I tested had the race/bucket seats which were fairly nice to sit in but a bit to tight for my big ass for longer trips.

The only real complaint I have is the seating position, I want to sit lower. Especially in the Spider to avoid all the air-drag.

The tech said that the electricseats sits a bit higher than the manual ones because of the electric motors. Seating position is very important for me, I want to sit low and planted and connected to the ground/car, it makes the feel of the car much more senseful imho.

Now, on to the performance of the car, which is quite easily to sum up with simple sentences like;

OH MY GOD

OH SHIT

GAMECHANGER

BEST EXOTIC ON THE PLANET

Seriously, it is that good. McLaren have killed it. It is amazing how fast you get up to shit-your-pants-speeds on the road and track with this thing. It just pulls and pulls and pulls. That is whats cool with it, it never stops accelerating, it feels just about the same as my R8 V10 up to 60mph but when the R8 starts to go slower the Mac just turns up and warp into hyperspeed.

And it does it with the comforts and ease of a MB E-Class... It drives ten times more comfortable than any Lambo, hell, it made my R8 feel clunky :lol2:

Will I buy one? I really want to, it is the best car out there. But then I think about stuff like depreciation, what happens to the brand in a few years, what happens when McLaren release their other smaller car in a year or two?

I shared this event with eight other gentlemen, one had an Aventador, others had Ferrari Speciales and 458s, some 991 Turbo S = the group of people McLaren is trying to win over. All of them LOVED the car and were totally amazed by it, just like me. But will they buy it, I'm not so sure...

People are used to Ferraris and somewhat Lambos, McLaren is the much better and superior Product, but, it's a McLaren :eusa_think:

Damn, WHATTHEFUCK do I do now?!!? Anybody got a lead on that Batgolfcart? :rolleyes:

OH MY GOD

OH SHIT

GAMECHANGER

BEST EXOTIC ON THE PLANET...

Damn, WHATTHEFUCK do I do now?!!? Anybody got a lead on that Batgolfcart? :rolleyes:

You buy the Mac and don't look back!!! I swear i had one all configured in volcano yellow with carbon exterior bits all over. It was so hard for me to decide between it and the F12 because the Mac is superior in every way except for the "Brand". The F12 is even gonna depreciate more/faster.

In the end, the only reason i picked the F12 is because i decided i wanted a GT car. I race motorcycles on track. Thats my hobby and passion. Its where i get my adrenaline fix. Yet, i never ride bikes on the road. Thats why i acquired my supercars. They help me get by in the off season and entertain me on long road trips with a friend or significant other. Hence...the decision to go GT this time around.

It seems like you would enjoy a mid engine car more. Honestly, there is nothing out there right now thats better than the 650S. I say pull the trigger on a volcano yellow. Its stunning!!!

Buy the 650 and take a huge hit on depreciation. Buy the 12C and you get a great deal.

Have a nice day

(You'll probably buy a Prius)

So, as you all know I was invited by McLaren Automotive to test the new 650S on a racetrack, so I of course did. :icon_mrgreen:

They had several cars there, including the white 12C Spider I've thinked about buying and have driven before. When a 12C stands next to a pair of 650S, the front ens looks dated and goofy. The 650S front end doesn't look that good in pics and some say the proportions look weird and that they "slapped on the P1 front on it and called it a day".

IRL that is NOT the case. They got this car just right. It looks very very nice. I would give it a solid 9, with ease!

The new blue color is stunning but I miss some kind of effect in it, black hides all the CF accents and hides the lines.

I think white and the brighter colors like yellow, orange and green is the only way to go if you want to make the car pop.

Interior in the 650S with alcantara everywhere is simply gorgeous, it looks and feel very modern, the blue car I tested had the race/bucket seats which were fairly nice to sit in but a bit to tight for my big ass for longer trips.

The only real complaint I have is the seating position, I want to sit lower. Especially in the Spider to avoid all the air-drag.

The tech said that the electricseats sits a bit higher than the manual ones because of the electric motors. Seating position is very important for me, I want to sit low and planted and connected to the ground/car, it makes the feel of the car much more senseful imho.

Now, on to the performance of the car, which is quite easily to sum up with simple sentences like;

OH MY GOD

OH SHIT

GAMECHANGER

BEST EXOTIC ON THE PLANET

Seriously, it is that good. McLaren have killed it. It is amazing how fast you get up to shit-your-pants-speeds on the road and track with this thing. It just pulls and pulls and pulls. That is whats cool with it, it never stops accelerating, it feels just about the same as my R8 V10 up to 60mph but when the R8 starts to go slower the Mac just turns up and warp into hyperspeed.

And it does it with the comforts and ease of a MB E-Class... It drives ten times more comfortable than any Lambo, hell, it made my R8 feel clunky :lol2:

Will I buy one? I really want to, it is the best car out there. But then I think about stuff like depreciation, what happens to the brand in a few years, what happens when McLaren release their other smaller car in a year or two?

I shared this event with eight other gentlemen, one had an Aventador, others had Ferrari Speciales and 458s, some 991 Turbo S = the group of people McLaren is trying to win over. All of them LOVED the car and were totally amazed by it, just like me. But will they buy it, I'm not so sure...

People are used to Ferraris and somewhat Lambos, McLaren is the much better and superior Product, but, it's a McLaren :eusa_think:

Glad you liked it. The seating position is much nicer for aggressive driving, you can really tell where the front end is and you feel more in the center of the car. I would get a car with the electric seats, they are more comfortable, and honestly the appeal of the Mclaren is that I feel like I can take it anywhere and drive it more often than an Aventador or Veyron. Its just easy to deal with and to get in and drive. I am quite confident you wont buy one right now though due to the depreciation aspect, and I am also waiting until later to pick one up. I will just enjoy my 12c spider until the time is right.

Of course I did, I was on a track :rolleyes: Not your typical day huh Mr All Show No Go :thefinger:

I think your confused lol :fu:

anyways I knew you would like it! best car under 500k IMO

what color looked good?

Glad you liked it. The seating position is much nicer for aggressive driving, you can really tell where the front end is and you feel more in the center of the car. I would get a car with the electric seats, they are more comfortable, and honestly the appeal of the Mclaren is that I feel like I can take it anywhere and drive it more often than an Aventador or Veyron. Its just easy to deal with and to get in and drive. I am quite confident you wont buy one right now though due to the depreciation aspect, and I am also waiting until later to pick one up. I will just enjoy my 12c spider until the time is right.

I agree Aaron (not that I have ever driven a Veyron though :) ) that the Mac is so unbelievably easy to ride around in and a complete monster once you start pushing it. Incredible car!

You are right that I still haven't made up my mind on what to do, because of the depreciation factor, we shall see I guess.

Summer is here now, so the season of 3 months for exotics is allready ticking away and I'm stuck in my R8 no one seems to buy..

I think your confused lol :fu:

anyways I knew you would like it! best car under 500k IMO

what color looked good?

White, blue and black.

I haven't seen green or orange yet.

If I would order a new one, I would definately look at the pearlwhite or pearlyellow :icon_thumleft: Green should be killer to, but need to see it first to make up my mind. Did you go green?

White, blue and black.

I haven't seen green or orange yet.

If I would order a new one, I would definately look at the pearlwhite or pearlyellow :icon_thumleft: Green should be killer to, but need to see it first to make up my mind. Did you go green?

Yeah mantis green. I never really liked white on McLaren but on the 650 it really pops! I would do full alcantara with white stitching and cf all over. Even white seat backs.

Yeah mantis green. I never really liked white on McLaren but on the 650 it really pops! I would do full alcantara with white stitching and cf all over. Even white seat backs.

Yes, white looks much better on the 650 than the 12C!

You are ordering the best exotic on the planet, well done bro!

Summer is here now, so the season of 3 months for exotics is allready ticking away and I'm stuck in my R8 no one seems to buy..

You should move.

Update:

Still in talks with McLaren about the used 12C Spider and the 650S, they are trying to locate a car for me.

My current dealer gets the S-Tronic R8 Spyder home on Tuesday, I will most definately drive it and check it.

Mostly out of sheer curiosity, I know it's sort of how a Huracan will feel.